Ethiopia:Addis Urban Transport Project - P151819
Addis Ababa City Roads Authority | Published January 18, 2016 - Deadline February 15, 2016
Enterprise Architect For Federal Transport Authority (fta)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES ? CONSULTINGIndividuals)
COUNTRY: Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
NAME OF PROJECT: Transport Systems Improvement Project (TRANSIP)
CONSULTING SERVICES: Enterprise Architect for Federal Transport Authority (FTA)
PROJECT ID: P151819
TheGovernment of the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia has applied for financing from the World Banktowards the cost of improving the transport system in Ethiopia. The Addis Ababa City Roads Authority (AACRA) is the implementingagency of the project and would like to allocate part of the proceeds to eligible payments for a Contract to engage an Enterprise Architect (IndividualConsultant) to provide a Technical Assistance Services to the Federal Transport Authority (FTA) team to prepare Specifications and Functional Requirements and subsequently select a contractor that woulddesign, supply and install IT supportednational drivers licensing and vehicleregistrationsystem.
The consulting services("the Services") include, but not limited to the following:
1. To assist the FTA technical team to prepare specifications, functional requirements and quantities thatenables the FTA procure a contractor that would design, supply and install IT supported systemand help technology transfer for the national drivers licensing andvehicle registration system. The main work of the contractor will involve supplying, installing and commissioning a comprehensive InformationTechnology (IT) infrastructure architecture and platform comprising an elaborated unified vehicle registration and inspection,driver's licensing anddriver school management and penalty management systems throughout the country. The infrastructure to beinstalled will enable the automation of traffic management and regulation systems at Federal/central, regional and zonal level.
2. In addition to preparing the technical documents forprocurement of contractor, the Consultant will provide guidance to the FTA technical team on systems development and technology transferfor the national driving license and vehicle registration system. The Consultant will also support the alignment of the vision of business strategy of the FTA. To dothis, this individual consultant will provide direct support and guidanceto the technology teams during projectimplementation.
This assignment will be split in to two parts:
· Part one of this assignment constitutes (a) preparing a comprehensive technical documents(specifications, functional requirements, quantities, architectural framework, contractor evaluation criteria etc.) that allowsprocuring a contractor and providing technical assistance; (b) preparation of Bidding Documents using the World Bank's standarddocuments, and (c) assisting the Client during theselection process of the contractor; and
· Part two of thisassignment constitutes: - after successful completion of the first phase, supporting the client during the design, installation andcommissioning of the system.
The total duration of Technical AssistanceServices for part one of this assignment will take 3.5 months and part two of this assignment will take 24months.
The expected time ofcommencement will be May 2016.
The Addis Ababa City Roads Authority nowinvites qualifiedand experienced consulting individuals ("Consultants") that are eligible to participate in the World Bank fundedprojects, to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consulting individuals should provide informationindicating that they are qualified and experienced to perform the services as per the minimum qualification criteria listed below(i.e., documentary evidence of academic background,evidence on experience in similar assignments and knowledge, etc.). Thefollowing criteria will be used to assess the Expression of Interest documents;
1. Master's degree in ComputerScience, Information Systems, Business or equivalent discipline
2. At least 15 years IT solutions design and implementation experience at line of business or enterprise level.
3. At least 7 years' experience in IT design and architecture at enterprise level includingthe development of roadmaps.
4. Experience across technicaldomains, e.g enterprise software architecture and design, enterprise resource planning (ERP), network, storage, server, help desk,data center, and telecom.
5. TOGAF (The Open Group Architectural Framework) orsimilar Certified.
6. The candidateshall submit two recommendationletters and three references from beneficiaries for whom the consultant has previously developed.
1. Proven experience in Enterprise Architecture, including thedevelopment of roadmaps
2. Experience of IT architecture including the development of, andadherence -to, architecture principles and standards
3. Experience of IT strategy and Government formulation, Standards,Procedures and Policies formulation.
4. Experience of risk assessment and management across both IT andBusiness domains
5. Excellent stakeholder management skills and selling of thearchitectural vision.
6. Demonstrable knowledge of architecture governance through the useof enterprise architecture artifacts includingprinciples, policies, views, viewpoints and building blocks
7. Experience in similar projects
The attention of interestedConsultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRDLoans & IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July 2014)("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
The selection of individualconsultant will be conducted in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRDLoans & IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (Revised July2014).
Further information can beobtained at the address below during office hours: from 09:00 A.M to 12:30 A.M hours and from 2:00 P.M to 5:00 P.M hours, Monday toThursday and 09:00 A.M to 11:30 A.Mand 2:00 P.M to 5:00 P.M hours on Friday.
The Expression of Interestalong with documentary evidences can be delivered in hard copies or electronically to the addressbelow (in person, or by mail) onor before February 15, 2016.
Project Implementation Unit- Senior Procurement Specialist
3rd Floor, RoomNo.324/325
African Union to Pushkin Square Street:
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Addis Ababa City Roads Authority(AACRA)