Uruguay Navy Peace Keeping Operations Training Center Improvement Project
Department of the Army, Army Contracting Command, ECC | Published December 1, 2015 - Deadline February 15, 2016
Project Description: The Regional Contracting Center-Americas, 410th Contracting Support Brigade intends to award a Firm Fixed Price construction contract for the modification of the existing layout at the Uruguay Navy Diving Unit into small boat engine maintenance workshop, fiberglass/paint bay, two classrooms, and restroom. The Contractor shall furnish all management, supervision, labor, equipment, material, transportation, and supplies required to complete this project. Work executed by the contractor shall include but is not limited to:
- Site preparation;
- Construction of small boat engine maintenance workshop, fiberglass/paint bay, two classrooms, and restroom;
- Provide and install workbenches, cabinets, outboard wall storage brackets, outboard engine wheeled stands, outboard engine cure baths, and part washer sink;
- Construction of partition walls;
- Refurbish existing access stair to access classrooms to include new handrail;
- Provision and installation of blackboards, eraser boards, overhead projectors, chairs, and desks at each classrooms;
- Provision and installation of restroom fixtures to include toilets, sinks, partition stalls, toilet paper holder, towel bar holder, and hooks;
- Required electrical, plumbing, and sewer fixtures to upgrade exiting electrical and plumbing infrastructure;
- Provision and installation of ventilation system;
- Paint areas; and
- Any other related works.
Place of Performance: The project location is at the Uruguay Navy Diving Unit, (Grupo de Buceo, (GRUBU)) facility, Montevideo, Uruguay.
Magnitude: The magnitude of this project is estimated between $250,000.00 and $ 500,000.00 U.S. Dollars
Obtaining the solicitation: The solicitation will be issued unrestricted to allow U.S. and non U.S. firms to participate. The solicitation and any technical exhibits (when applicable), will be available for download from the FedBizOpps website. All notifications of changes to the solicitation shall be made through electronics means only. It is the contractor's responsibility to check for any posted changes to the solicitation. Registration in the System for Award Management (SAM) is required of Contractor to receive the contract award.
Site Visit: An organized pre-proposal site visit is scheduled for 21 January 2016. Prospective contractor representatives are responsible for paying their own transportation costs for travel to and from the site. The instructions and more information on the pre-proposal site visit will be addressed on the solicitation.
Contemplating Awardees: Since the contemplating contract is to be awarded by the contracting activity located in Fort Sam Houston, Texas and to be performed in Uruguay, the offerors must meet the following requirement for OCONUS: DFARS 252.225-7042, "Authorization to Perform" - The Offeror has been duly authorized to operate and to do business in the country or countries in which the contract is to be performed. The Contractor shall, without additional expense to the U.S. Government, be responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses and permits, and for complying with any host government and political subdivisions laws, codes, and regulations applicable to the performance of the work.