Co-ordination of Learner Travel for Gwynedd and Môn post-16 courses
Gwynedd Council | Published July 21, 2015 - Deadline August 7, 2015
OVERVIEW OF THE WORK
1.2.1 We are looking for a provider to co-ordinate learner travel between schools and colleges for their post-16 courses and education in the Gwynedd and Anglesey area.
1.2.2 Specifically, the successful provider will be expected to achieve the following:
1. Transport: Organise transport by contacting travel companies so that learners can travel between schools and colleges to study their post-16 courses in Gwynedd and Anglesey during the school day. Learners will travel to school at the start and end of the day using transport arranged by the Local Authority.
2. The successful contractor must utilise the online booking system that has been developed for the Gwynedd and Ynys Mon 16+ Consortium. Schools / Colleges will register their pupils and their travelling requirements to attend partnership courses on this system. The successful contactor must manage this system and its outputs.
3. Transport in an Emergency: Organise transport for learners at short notice, e.g., in emergencies such as inclement weather or teacher absence.
4. Value for Money: Ensure that arrangements are cost-effective and offer the best value for money by adopting the procurement processes used by the Gwynedd and Anglesey Education Departments. Schools and Colleges will pay for transport, and there will need to be agreement with schools on travel arrangements.
5. Health and Safety: The successful provider will need to ensure that the successful travel provider/taxi conforms to Health and Safety arrangements stipulated by the Gwynedd and Anglesey education departments.
6. Administration: Administrate payments and invoices between the educational institutions and the travel companies.
7. Collaborate with the post -16 Education Consortium: Prepare occasional reports for the Gwynedd and Anglesey Post-16 Education Consortium on outlining the arrangements and numbers of learners that are travelling as a result of the partnership arrangements.