Railway Rolling Stock Project
| Published October 21, 2016 - Deadline December 6, 2016
Invitation for Bids
1. The People’s Republic of Bangladesh (the “Borrower”) has applied for financing from the
Asian Development Bank (ADB) towards the cost of Railway Rolling Stock Project and it
intends to apply part of the proceeds of this financing to payments under the contract named
above. Bidding is open to bidders from eligible source countries of ADB.
2. The Bangladesh Railway (the “Purchaser”) under Ministry of Railways now invites
sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Procurement of Locomotive simulator, Related
Services, including Installation & Commissioning, Trial run and Training of BR Engineers
3. International Competitive Bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single
Stage: Two-Envelope bidding procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible source
4. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from Project Director and
inspect the Bidding Document at the address given below from 10 A.M to 04:30 P.M on all
working days up to 5 December 2016.
Mohammad Hassan Mansur
Chief Mechanical Engineer (Project)
& Project Director
Bangladesh Railway, Railbhaban
(Room No. 613)
16, Abdul Gani Road, Dhaka-1000
Mobile No.: +88 01711691150
5. The Bidding Document, in the English language, may be purchased directly by
interested Bidders upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of BDT 15000.00 (Taka fifteen
thousand) and upon submission of a written application to the address above for “Contract No.:
BR/ADB/Locomotive simulator: Procurement of Locomotive simulator, Related Services,
including Installation & Commissioning, Trial run and Training of BR Engineers” only during
office hours (10 A.M to 4.30 P.M.) on all working days till 5 December 2016. The method of
Date: 21 October 2016
L3301-BAN: Railway Rolling Stock Project
Procurement of Locomotive simulator, Related Services, including
Installation & Commissioning, Trial run and Training of BR Engineers.
06 December 2016; 12:00 Noon (Bangladesh Standard Time)
payment will be in the form of Pay Order or Bank Draft in favor of “Financial Advisor & Chief
Accounts Officer/Project, Bangladesh Railway, Kamalapur, Dhaka.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 12:00 Noon (Bangladesh
Local Time) of 06 December 2016. All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security as
described in the bidding document. Late bids shall not be accepted. Bids will be opened in the
presence of the Bidders’ representatives, who choose to attend at the address below at 12:30
P.M. (Bangladesh Local Time) on 6 December 2016.
For Bid submission
Room No. 411, Railbhaban
16, Abdul Gani Road, Dhaka -1000
7. The Bangladesh Railway will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by
Bidders in connection with the preparation or delivery of Bids.