Recruitment Of A Financial Expert For The Public Private
Partnership Unit (pppu) In Kenya
INFRASTRUCTURE FINANCE & PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS PROJECT
RECRUITMENT OF A FINANCIAL EXPERT
FOR THE PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP UNIT (PPPU)IN KENYA
Credit No.51570 KE
Project IDNo. P121019
The Government of Kenya (GoK) in conjunction with the World Bank is implementing a four-year Infrastructure Finance and Public Private Partnerships Project(IFPPP) whose overall development objective is to increase private investment in the Kenyan infrastructure market byimproving the enabling environment to generate a pipeline of bankable PPP projects. This objective will be achieved through theprovision of technical expertise and building capacity to implement the Government's PublicPrivate Partnerships (PPP) National program. The Public Private Partnerships Unit (PPPU) at the NationalTreasury is looking for a full-time highly motivated international expert, for a period of one (1) year (renewable), to fill theposition of:
Financial Expert (1Post)
The Financial Expert is expected to perform the followingtasks:
· Provide the requisite advice and support to thePPP Unit to carry out its mandate to assist Contracting Authorities to identify, select, appraise, approve, negotiate and monitorPPP projects throughout their life cycle
· Advise the PPPUnit on financial aspects of planning, designing, structuring, negotiating and implementing PPP transactions in a variety ofinfrastructure sectors;
· Develop, reviewand advise the PPP Unit on financial models, economic and social cost-benefit analyses,value-for-money and affordability analyses,as well as on PPP financing mechanisms proposed by consultants and/or PPP contractors and sponsors.
· Advise on the capacitybuilding requirements for the PPP Unit and PPP nodes and support in their implementation.
· generally provide expert input into all aspects of thePPP Unit's activities
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· A degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field. Post graduate qualification in any of the fields mentioned willbe an advantage;
· A Senior Financial executive, preferably with an accounting, banking or financial advisorybackground with at least 15 years of professional experience;
· At least 5 years of experience in the field of PPPs and private financing ofinfrastructure;
· Demonstrated experience of PPP transactions; and
· Fluency in spoken and written English is essential, as are strong interpersonal andteam skills.
CVs will beevaluated taking into account the following criteria: Academic and professional qualifications; Relevant experience; Languageskills; Demonstrated interpersonal and team leadership and team participation skills; Geographical extent of PPP experience ?credit will be given to experience of working with successful PPP programmes, both internationally and in markets similar toKenya's; Breadth of sectorial experience; Experience of PPP transactions and of closing PPP transactions; Experience of differenttypes of PPP structures and payment mechanisms.
Complete Application documents (curriculum vitae with details of yourqualifications, experience, day and evening telephone numbers, email address and names of three referees) with Position reference andname clearly marked on top should be emailed or sent to the addressbelow.
Project Implementation Unit
Attention: Procurement Specialist
Project Implementation Unit
7th Floor, Anniversary Towers, NorthTower.
Building No.19 Monrovia Street/UniversityWay
TelephoneNo.: 254 - 20 - 2210271/4
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission ofApplications is Thursday 17th December 2014 at 1600hours Kenyan localtime.
DIRECTOR, PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPSUNIT
FOR: PRINCIPAL SECRETARY