Expert For Financing And Accounting Management
Ministryof Agriculture and Rural Development
MontenegroInstitutional Development and Agricultural Strengthening Project (MIDAS)
Request for Expressionsof Interest
Expertfor financing and accounting management
GEF No: TF093405
Reference No. MNE-MIDAS-TF093405-ME-IC-CS-16-2.1.b.4.h.
This Invitation for expression of interests follows theGeneral Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in DevelopmentBusiness, issue no. February 5, 2009
TheGovernment of Montenegro has received a loan in the amount of EUR 11 million(US$15.7) equivalent from the International Bank for Reconstruction Development(IBRD) and from the Global Environment Facility Trust Fund, GEF, in the amountof US$ 4 million toward the cost of the Montenegro Institutional Developmentand Agricultural Strengthening Project (MIDAS) and it intends to apply part ofthe proceeds to payments under the Contract forExpert for financing andaccounting management.
Themain tasks that should be conducted through this service ("Service") are:
- Assessment and overview ofthe structure of the whole nationalfinancial system in order to perform DP regular activities and establishing andmaintaining regular communication and cooperation with national financialinstitutions.
- Assessment of the currentsituation of the DP financial system.Proposals for improvement and further development!
- Analysis of EU and Nationallegislation, proposals for harmonization ofnational legislation with the EU requirements, pointing out on key pillar forharmonization.
- Proposal of Action planwhich identifies the key measures in the sectorand proposes sequence of activities in the process of establishing functionalsystem of finance and accounting department according to EU requirements.
- Define necessary componentsfor establishing a functional system offinance and accounting department. Recording and data base for register usedduring work process, software, analysis of the need for upgrading of theexisting software, tables, procedures, data bases (CRB ? Central Register ofBeneficiaries etc.).
- Assessment of existingsoftware and plan for further development andupgrade of accountancy software in line with future requirements.
- Define lines ofcollaborations and relations with external institutions,- define place of DP system in the national financial system (Min of fin, NF,MARD, Tax administration, Central bank, etc.).
- Trainings to be provided bythe consultant.
Theassignment will have duration of the period of 4 (four) months and the requiredlevel of inputs is estimated to a total of thirty (30) work/days, working fromhome and in the site, depending of agreement with the beneficiary (atleasthalf of the assignment should be done on site).
The Ministryof Agriculture and Rural Development, through Technical Service Unit (TSU) nowinvites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest inprovidingthe Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstratingthat they have the required qualifications and relevant experience toperformthe Services (CV, brochures, description of similar assignments performed,experience in similar conditions, etc shall be presented in English language). Individualconsultants may be offered through firms or other organizations, but thequalifications of the individual consultant will be the basis of selection. Contractwill be signed with proposed individual conultant.
Evaluation criteria arefollowing:
UniversityDiploma - Bachelor's degree in economicsscience or above in a relevant discipline
Excellent command of the English language, andstrong oral and written communication
Relevant experience (Minimum of 5 years) in theimplementation of procedures for accounting and finance for EAFRD and/orIPARD and/or SAPARD measures
Practical experience of SAPARD and/or IPARDaccreditation processes and procedures
Relevant pastexperience related to EU rules and legal bases for the implementation ofpre-accession measures
Experience in cooperation with internationalinstitutions, high ranking official, in related to this ToR work area
Experience as a trainer and good organizational skillswith organizing workshops and trainings in this ToR related area ofwork;
Knowledge / Familiar with ex Yulanguages
Knowledge / Familiar with ex Yulegal system
Interested consultants may obtainfurther information at the address below from 9-15 hours local time.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn toparagraph 1.9 of the World Bank's Guidelines:Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits &Grants] by World Bank Borrowers (editionMay 2004, revised October 2006) ("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the WorldBank'spolicy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with theIndividual Consultant (IC) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Expressions of interest must be deliveredin a written formto the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax) bySeptember 30, 2016, 14,00h local time.
Attn:Mirko Ljesevic, Procurement officer
Address:Jovana Tomasevica b.b. (Stara zgrada Vlade)
Tel:+382 20 201-695
Fax:+382 20 201-698