Supply And Installation Of Concrete Poles, Cross Arms, Mv And
Lv Conductors, Capacitors Banks, Reclosers, Load Break Switches And Transformers.
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
Lao People's Democratic Republic
Power Grid Improvement Project (PGI)
Loan No./Credit No: 56750
Contract Title: Supply andInstallation of Concrete Poles, Cross Arms, MV and LV Conductors, Capacitors Banks, Reclosers, Load Break switches andTransformers.
1. The Electricité Du Laos has received financing from the World Bank toward thecost of the Power Grid Improvement Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contractEDL/PGI/G-01 for Supply and Installationof Concrete Poles, Cross Arms, MV and LV Conductors, Capacitors Banks, Reclosers, LoadBreak switches and Transformers.
2. The Electricité Du Laos nowinvites sealed bids from eligible bidders for thesupply of and installation of above-mentioned items under a single lot. The supply and installation period is Twenty Four (24)Months, including testing and submission of final report.
3. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Biddingprocedures as specified in the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits &Grants byWorld Bank Borrowers ("Procurement Guidelines"), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in theProcurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict ofinterest.
4. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Electricité DuLaos (EDL), Laos PDR, and inspect the bidding documents during office hours. 0900 to 1700hours at the address givenbelow.
5. A complete set of bidding documents in English may be purchased byinterested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundablefee of one hundred (100) USD.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 2:00 PM, 31 August2016. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of thebidders' designated representatives and anyone who choose to attend at the address below on 2:00 PM, 31August 2016. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of minimum USD 70,000 (USDSeventyThousands).
The addresses referred to above is:
Electricité du Laos; Head Office, 3rd Floor, ProcurementOffice
Business Department, Lao-Thai Friendship Road; P.O Box 309
Thongkang Village, Sisattanak District, Vientiane Capital, Lao PDR
Telephone: (+856 21) 316121, 316094, Ext1305
Fax: (+856 21) 316118, 263794
Electricité Du Laos