Consulting Services Of M&e Firm
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES ? FIRMS SELECTION)
Project: Capacity Building forResults
Loan No./Credit No./ Grant No.: TF-011447AF
Assignment Title:Consulting Services of M&E Firm
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): CBR/MoF/94/CS-005
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received financing from the multi donor Afghanistan Reconstruction TrustFund (ARTF) administered by the World Bank, towards the cost of the Capacity Building for Results (CBR) Facility Project, andintends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services ("the Services") include Consulting Services ofM&EFirm.
The CBR project's development objective is to assist the government in improving the capacity and performance of selectedline ministries in carrying out their mandates and delivering services to the Afghan people. This will be achieved through implementation of specificcapacity and institutional building programs, with the support of limited technical assistance (TA). This includes systematicmonitoring of and reporting on results suchas restructuring of ministries, implementing Pay and Grading reforms,improving budgetexecution and simplifying business processes. In return for results on these reforms, LMs will get skilled national staff fundedthrough CBR who will become part of the line ministry's professional civil service both at central and sub-nationallevels.
The project's key outcomes will be measured using the following indicators: (a) development budget execution rateimprovements; (b) business process improvements; (c) service delivery improvements; and (d) number of SMG positionsfilled or any otherkey indicators which could be introduced later on.
The CBR project has two Project Support Units (PSU), one atthe Ministry of Finance (MoF) and the other at theIndependent Administrative Reform Civil Service Commission (IARCSC). The MoF PSU has the Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation mandate and also hasthe responsibility for overall management and oversight of the project.
IRoA is seeking a team of internationally recognizedconsultants in the field of Monitoring and Evaluation to contribute to the monitoring and evaluation objectives of theCBR project.The consulting firm has to provide a team of experts in the M&E field, to perform the following tasks:
1. To assist the involved line ministries to develop their Results Frameworks (RFs) in alignment with their proposals andCBR's Master Results Framework.
2. Tomonitor project activities and generate quality reports on theimplementation of the results frameworks.
3. Toprovide basic and advanced level M&E capacity building to both PSUs and LMs, including overseas training for agreed number ofparticipants.
4. To oversee (working closely with IARCSC) the process of performanceevaluation for CBR recruited civil servants, including matching deliverables produced by CBR recruited civil servants with theirrespective LM CBRPs/CBRFs; and
5. To establish and strengthen LM M&E systems by knowledge transfer to the LMs and PSUs M&Estaff to ensure that they carry forward the activities performed by the firm beyond the 36 month assignment timeframe.
Complete TOR is made available at CBR project website at:
The Capacity Building for Results Project, Director General Budget, Ministryof Finance, IRoA nowinvites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultantsshould provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform theServices.
The short listing criteria are:
· The consulting firm should have a minimum of 10 years of specialized experience related to the assignment specificallyin carrying out M&E, preferably in the public reform.
· The Consulting firm should demonstrate that they have enough capacity (including personnel) in handling similarassignments;
· The Consulting firm should have an average annual turnover of at least $ 2 million or equivalent in last 3years;
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment ofConsultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 ("ConsultantGuidelines"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture ora sub-consultancy toenhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality cum Cost Based Selection (QCBS) methodset out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours08:00 to 16:00hours.
Expressions of interest (EOI) must include the following:
· Introductoryletter on letter head (with complete contact details ? name of contact person, mailing address, telephone, fax, email etc)explaining how the firm is best suited to deliver the consultancy assignment;
· Last Twoyears annual report and last 3 years financial statement;
· Details ofsimilar projects implemented by the Consultancy Firm pertaining to the shortlisting criteria;
· The EoI should contain sufficientsupporting document to substantiate the claim of the Consultant towards their qualification as per the short listingcriteria.
TheExpressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by 23th August 2015, 16:00 Hrs.
Capacity Building for Results (CBR) Facility Project,
Director General Budget,
Ministry of Finance,
Pashtunistan Watt, Kabul,
Attn: Ms. Asifa Stanekzai, Deputy Project Manager, MoF PSU
copies marked to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com