Consultancy Services For Design Review And Construction
Supervision Of: (1) Section Of B10 & A104 Highways From Jomo Kenyatta International
Airport To Southern Bypass Junction...., (2) Section Of A104 Highway From James Gichuru
Road Junction To Rironi
NATIONAL URBAN TRANSPORT IMPROVEMENT PROJECT (NUTRIP), P126321
CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR DESIGN REVIEW AND CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISION OF:
1. SECTION OF B10 & A104 HIGHWAYS FROM JOMO KENYATTA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT TO SOUTHERN BYPASS JUNCTIONAND DUALLING OF AIRPORT SOUTH ROAD INCLUDING BRT INFRASTRUCTURE; AND ACCESS ROAD FROM A104 TO THE INLAND CONTAINERDEPOT
2. SECTION OF A104 HIGHWAY FROM JAMES GICHURUROAD JUNCTION TO RIRONI
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (RE-ADVERTISEMENT)
TENDER NO KENHA/942/2015
1. This request for expressionsof interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in the DGMarket Publication of 3rd May 2012.
2. The Government of Kenya hasreceived a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) to meet the cost of the National Urban Transport ImprovementProject (NUTRIP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of the credit towards eligible payments under the contract for Consultancy Services for Design Review andConstruction Supervision of: Section of B10 & A104 Highways from Jomo Kenyatta International Airportto Southern Bypass Junction and Dualling of Airport South Road including BRT Infrastructure; and Access Road from A104 to theInland Container Depot; Section of A104 Highway from James Gichuru Road Junction to Rironi.
All these road sections are dualcarriageway and their total lane-lengths are about 276km
3. The consulting services willinclude, inter-alia:
a. Prior to commencement of the works: Review of the condition of the site of works, review of designs andproposals for implementation of the works and review of any other aspect necessary to gain a full and complete appreciation oftheproject; detailed design as specified; advising the client regarding such measures and refinements as appropriate for the optimalimplementation of the works contracts, within the context and provisions ofthe contract agreement between Client and theContractor.
b. During implementation of the work: Provision of the required superintendence and services to watch andsupervise the works on behalf of the client as specified and inaccordance with recognized best practices
4. The Kenya National HighwaysAuthority, a State Corporationunder the Ministry of Transport & Infrastructure established under the Kenya Roads Act, 2007,which shall be the Implementing Agency, now invites eligible consulting firms ("consultants") to indicate theirinterest inproviding the services. Interested consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualificationsand relevant experience to perform the services. The shortlisting criteria are: Qualifications in Design/ Design Review &Construction supervision of Highways & BRT Infrastructure; Technical & Managerial capabilities; Core business and years inbusiness; Administrative & financial strength.
5. A consultant will beselected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) procedures set out in the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by WorldBank Borrowers published in January 2011 and revised in July 2014.
6. The attention of interestedconsultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World BankBorrowers published in January 2011 and revisedin July 2014 ("Consultant Guidelines") setting forth the World Bank'spolicy onconflict of interest.
7. Consultants may associatewith other firms in the form of ajoint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications
8. Further information may beobtained from the address below during weekdays (Mondays to Fridays from 0800 to 1700 hours local time), excluding publicholidays.
9. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to theaddress below (in person, or by mail, or by email) by 1100 hours local time on18th March 2015 and clearly marked as follows:
NUTRIP: Consultancy Servicesfor Design Review and ConstructionSupervision of: Section of B10 &A104 Highways from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport to Southern Bypass Junction and Dualling of Airport South Road including BRTInfrastructure; and Access Road from A104 to the Inland Container Depot; Section of A104 Highway from James Gichuru RoadJunction to Rironi
Tender No KeNHA/942/2015
Kenya National Highways Authority
Blueshield Towers, Upper Hill, 1stFloor
10. Further information may be obtained from the address below:
Attention: General Manager (Special Projects)
Street Address: Kenya NationalHighways Authority
Blueshield Towers, Hospital Road
Floor/RoomNumber: Second Floor
City: NAIROBI, KENYA
Telephone: +254204954200, Fax No. 020 8042928
Email addresses: (1) firstname.lastname@example.org