Off-grid-mini-grid Implementation Advisor
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OFINTEREST
Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock andIrrigation
Department of Rural Development(DRD)
Myanmar : National Electrification Project(NEP)
Off-Grid - Mini-grid Implementation Advisor
IDA Credit No. 5727-MM
Reference No. C2-TA2
1. This Request for Expressions of Interest follows the generalprocurement notice for this project that appeared in Development Business online on November 3, 2015.
2. The Republicof the Union of Myanmar has receivedfinancing from the International Development Association (IDA) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this financing to payments under the contract for aMini-gridImplementation Advisor for National Electrification Project (NEP).
3. Off-grid electrification will be technology neutral, depending on technology assessment fortarget communities, including solar photovoltaic (PV), mini-grids powered by mini-hydro power, biomass, wind, diesel and hybrid(e.g. diesel/solar). Mini-grids up to 1MW in capacity are eligible for support under the program. The DRD seeks to recruit a NEPMini-grid Implementation Advisor (Advisor) to assist the DRD ? Project Management Office to efficiently and effectively to performits day-to-day management of the implementation of the Mini-grid Sub-Component.
4. The Department of Rural Development now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested individual consultants must provideinformation indicating that they are qualified to perform the Services (CV with academic background, experiencein similarassignment, knowledge of local conditions (if any) etc.) Consultants may be invited for interviewing, if necessary. The Advisor will be an individual professional with significantrenewable energy mini-grid expertise. The specific qualifications required are as follows:
(i) At least a professional engineering qualificationsand/or aMaster's level degree in a relevant field such as electricalengineering, renewable energy or other related engineeringdiscipline.
(ii) More than five years' experience mini-grid electrificationwith experience in project management, mini-grid networks, and power system technologies, in particular solar, diesel, mini-hydro,biomass gasifiers and hybrids. Other technologies may include wind. Range of expertise may including engineering design andfeasibility, business planning and implementation, tendering, mini-grid systems procurement and installation, constructionsupervision and O&M. The consultant is not expected to have the breadth of coverage of these disciplines, but must havedemonstrated expertise on at least two areas with good understanding of the others. It is expected that demand might be highest formini-grids powered by solar, mini hydro, diesel, biomass gasifiers, and hybrids. Knowledge of where to obtain expertise elsewhereis as important as the consultant having expertise in an area. Developing country work experience is a distinctadvantage.
(iii) Experience in or knowledge in assessing training needs and in establishing trainingprograms in related areas would be an advantage. Training in developing country context will be an advantage.
(iv) Fluency in written and spoken English is required. Fluency in Myanmar language will be anadvantage, but not required.
5.A consultant will be selected in accordancewith the procedures set out the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowsdated January 2011(revised July 2014) ("Consultant Guidelines"). The attention of interested consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the ConsultantGuidelines, setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflictof interest.
6. Interested individual consultants may obtain the Terms of Reference at the address given belowfrom 09.30 to 16.00 hours. DRD will provide prompt responses to all interested individual consultants, should there be any questions.
7. Expressions of interest must be delivered by registered mail orby e-mail to the address below by no later than April 28, 2016.
Department of RuralDevelopment, Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock andIrrigation.
U MyintOo, DeputyDirector General and Chairperson of the Procurement Committee
National Electrification Project (NEP)
Department of Rural Development, Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation
Office Number 14, Nay Pyi Taw Territory,Myanmar,Tel/ FAX: +95 67 409529
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org