Consultancy Services For The Selection Of A Financial
Management Information Services Coordinator
KEBBI STATE OF NIGERIA
KEBBI STATE PUBLIC SECTOR GOVERNANCE REFORM AND DEVELOPMENTPROJECT
CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR THE SELECTION OF A FMIS COORDINATOR
REQUEST FOREXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
CREDIT No: - 46670 NG
Date ofIssuance: 10th June, 2016
1. ThisRequest for Expression of Interest follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this Project that appeared in the UNDBpublication of 26th November, 2010.
2. The Federal Government of Nigeria hasreceived a creditfrom the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of implementing Public Sector Governance Reform and Development Project (PSGRDP). Kebbi State is a beneficiaryof the credit and intends to apply part of the proceeds of the credit for consultancy services for the implementation of the StateFinancial Management Information System (SFMIS).
3. The objective of the SFMIS sub-component is to engage aConsultant to support the design and effective implementation of a simple but robust off-the-shelf Financial Management Information System (IFMIS), using a turnkey approach
4. The scope of service for this consultancy work shall include thefollowing tasks:
(a) Prepare a Project Charter whilst taking into consideration currentpractices in other States in Nigeria that have implemented or are implementing an Integrated Financial Management InformationSystems solution (b)Developand maintain a detailed business case outlining the project scope, timescale, expected benefits, costs, investment appraisal andmajor risks (c) Clearlyidentify the major structural and institutional requirements needed to support the successful implementation of the FMIS includingproject governance arrangements, clarity in roles and responsibilities and ensure that a communications management strategy exists(d) Develop and design the functional, business and technical requirements and specifications for the turnkey implementation ofFMIS in the State (e) Developand maintain a Risk Management Strategy with clear and concise project tolerances and risk mitigation process (f) Develop a Termsof Reference for the Subject Matter Experts in line with the identified project scope and assist in the procurement of saidindividuals(g) Work with theSICT to develop detailed project deliverables and business drivers for each deliverable whilst taking into consideration thecommunications/connectivity infrastructure, the existing ICT infrastructure/awareness and institutional factors and systemscurrently driving financial management practice in the State as well as prevailing international best practices (h) Work with the Change ManagementSubject Matter Expert to ensure that stakeholders and users transition are seamless with appropriate change management framework inplace to ensure sustainability of SFMIS post implementation(i) Taking into consideration the project deliverables and therequirement and specifications as per (iv) above, work with the SICT todevelop robust and appropriate bidding documents using aturnkey approach: (Invitation For Bids (IFB)and The Supply, Installation, Integration, Testing and Commissioning of Financial Management Information System (FMIS) Software,related Hardware and Network Infrastructure and Related Support Services) (j)Assist inthe identification and selection of a suitable firm for the supplyand implementation of FMIS by coordinating the bid evaluation which should include demonstration against Test Scripts prepared bythe SICT (k)Work with the SICT and the FMIS implementation partner to develop andmaintain a comprehensive project plan taking intoconsideration otherPFM reforms and ensuring activities are prioritized and planned in a logical manner with achievable milestoneswhilst minimizing disruptionto the implementing agencies and other key stakeholders (l) Manage and control changes to the project plan to ensure milestones aremet within the agreed tolerances (m) Provide the following technical support servicesprior to and throughout the FMIS projectimplementation:
i. Liaise with the Federal Government andother relevant State agencies with a view to
understudying any initiatives that might add value to the FMIS in theState.
ii. Prepareperiodic (monthly)reports of progress on the implementation of FMIS and make recommendations for the attention of the FMIS ProjectManagement Unit (SPMU). The SPMU will in turn prepare quarterly progress reports to the State Project Coordinating Unit (SPCU) andthe State Steering Committee.
iii. Be leader of the teamto produce a draft and final SFMIS component implementation completion report, and
iv. Any other duties or processes associated with theimplementation of the FMIS component
of the project.
5. Kebbi StatePublic Sector Governance Reform and Development Project (PSGR & DP) now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interestin providing these services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform theservices (Profile of consultant, Track record and description of similar assignment, Training experience in similar condition,general qualifications and availability of appropriate skills).The proposed assignment is expected to bring international best practice and ideas into skills enhancement. As such, eligibleconsultant with direct experience on SFMIS coordination and implementation in line with the best international best practices isrequired.
6. A consultant will be selected under individualConsultant (IC) in accordance with the procedures set out inthe World Bank's Guidelines; Selection and Employment of Consultants byWorld Bank Borrowers. January, 2011.
Interested Consultants may obtain further information atthe address below from 9.00a.m to 4.00p.m local time.Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below on orbefore 24th June, 2016 during office hours of 0900 to1600Hours local time (Except Public holidays). Only shortlisted Individual consultants will be invited or notified for furthercorrespondences.
KEBBI STATE PUBLIC SECTORGOVERNANCE REFORM
NO. 21, EMIR HARUNA ROAD,BIRNIN KEBBI
KEBBI STATE ?NIGERIA
Tel: 08033019397, E-MAIL: email@example.com, www.kbpublicsectorreforms