Assignment Title: International Advisor (individual
Consultant) To Information Technology Deportment Of Sao.
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST(REOI)
(Consulting Services? Individual consultant Selection)
Country: Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Project Name: Public Financial Management Reform Project-II(PFMRII)
Grant No.: TF 10024
Project ID: P120427
Package ID: SAO/AF/C-6
Assignment Title: International Advisor (Individual Consultant) toinformation technology Deportment of SAO.
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistanrepresented by Supreme Audit Office (SAO), has received a grant under PFMR-II - the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund(ARTF),which is administered by the World Bank and intends to apply part of the proceeds to make payments under a contract forconsultancy services for the post of an Advisor to provide support to Performanceaudit Department on operational matters, guidelines, external audit, support services & sustainable capacity buildingactivities of mentioned department, based on INTOSAI standards.
PFMR-II Project Development Objective(PDO): Include strengthening public financial management in Afghanistan through effective procurement, treasury and audit structures and systems in linewith sound financial management standards of monitoring, reporting and control. The project's investments amongst othersinclude support for building skills and improving infrastructure for external audit of the SAO to improve management oversight ofits own operationsand strengthen external accountability of the executive.
The Supreme Audit Office (SAO) has madesignificant progress in the building of its IT infrastructure and technical capacity. The Government of the Islamic Republic ofAfghanistan has also made major strides in computerizing the financial management operating environment. A number of IFMIS(integrated financial management information system) like Free Balance, AMIS (Audit management information system), SIGTAS (standard integrated government taxadministration), and DAD (donor assistance database).etc arecurrently being used in the government's operations. This move towards an IT operatingenvironment requires that the SAO also builds its capacity to conduct audits in this new operating environment. At the moment, theSAO has been able to purchase CAATs to assist in conducting of data analysis. However, there isneed to build the capacity of theSAO to efficiently conduct IT Audits and also conduct audits in IT environment. Hence, the SAO's need forthe services of anInternational Advisor to the IT Department.
The International Advisor to the ITDepartment will have the responsibility ofbuilding the capacity of the Supreme Audit Office to conduct IT Audits of the variousIFMIS being using by the different government Ministries and Departments. The Advisorwill also assess the SAO's current ICT policies, manuals, infrastructure, capabilities and advice on the areas forimprovement.
Detailed RESPONSIBILITIES of the Assignment
The IT auditor will be responsible for thefollowing;
a) Current state assessment of the SAO ICT Capacity
The Advisor will beexpected to review/ assess the SAO's capacity in the following;
· IT Strategy andpolicies;
· Capacity to conduct IT Audits of thevarious Government IFMIS;
· Technical capacity of the IT Department toconduct IT Audits.
After the assessment, the Advisor will beexpected to come up with animplementation plan to strengthen the IT Audit's Capacity.
b) Review, update and development of the SAO'sIT Strategy, policies and manuals
The Advisor willassist the SAO in developing and updating its IT audit s Strategy, policies and manuals.
c) Conducting of trainings in IT Audits anddeveloping of IT Audit manuals, checklists and guidelines
The Advisor will help build the capacity ofthe IT team to conduct ITaudits. This will be achieved through classroom trainings as well as on the job trainings for the staff.The Advisor will therefore be involved and assist the SAO team in conducting agreed upon IT audits on the selected governmentministries.
The Advisor will also be expected todevelop IT Audit manuals, checklists and guidelines. These will be piloted and tested on a number of ministries under audit.
The SAO recently purchased the idea CAATs.The Advisor will be key inthe training of the SAO staff in the use of the IDEA/Teammate AM and in conducting of dataanalysis.
d) Assist the SAO in conducting IT Audits
The Advisor will be expected to assist theSAO in conducting a numberof IT audits. The advisor will guide the audit teams through the entire audit cycle (from audit planningto reporting). The IT Audit Manuals, guidelines and checklists developed by the Advisor will be used by the SAO team in conductingthese audits.
e) Technical assistance in the connecting of the SAO's CAATS to thevarious government IFMIS
The Advisor will assist the SAO in havingthe SAO CAATs connected to the various IFMIS being used by the government. This will require collaborating with other consultantsand staff handling the IFMIS in the different government ministries and departments.
f) Any other IT related duties as may berequired by the SAO
The Advisor will also be expected to adviseSAO on various IT audit srelated issues and to attend meetings with the other advisors as and when the need arises. .
DELIVERABLES AND EXPECTEDOUTPUTS
1. SAO IT Audit Capacity AssessmentReport;
2. SAO IT Audit and Capacity BuildingPlan;
3. Updated/ Developed SAO IT (Audit) Strategy, IT AuditManual, Guidelinesand checklists;
4. Training of staff in IT Audits;
5. Mentor and build the capacity of the SAO to conduct ITAudits
Time Frame andPayment Schedule:
Payments will be made based on the submission of the deliverables within the time frames shownbelow;
Inception Report outlining methodology and detailedimplementation plan
1 month from the start date
10% of contractvalue
SAO IT Audit Capacity AssessmentReport
2 month from the start date
10% of contractvalue
SAO IT Audit Strategy
3 month from the start date
10% of contractvalue
IT Audit Manual, Guidelines andChecklists
4 months fromthe start date
20% of contractvalue
Training Modules for IT AuditTraining
5 months fromthe start date
20% of contractvalue
Training of SAO Staff in IT Audits (at least 20 auditorstrained in 3 sessions)
6 months fromthe start date
15% of contractvalue
Supervise teams of trained auditors to conduct at leasttwo IT Audits
7 months fromthe start date
15% of contractvalue
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND COMPETENCIESREQUIRED:
The Successful Advisor should;
1. Have a Bachelor's degreein IT, Audit or Business Administration or a related field.
2. Professional accountantqualification (CPA/ACCA/CA) with IT audit experience will also be considered.
3. Be a qualified Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA). Other project management and ICT relatedprofessional qualifications like PMP (Project Management Professional), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), CISM (Certified InformationSecurities Manager), GSNA (GIAC Systems and Network Auditor), and CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) willbe highly desirable.
4. Have over six years'experience in conducting Information Systems Audits, IT General Controls Assurance Reviews, and Post Implementation reviews ofIFMIS, developing of IT policies, manuals and strategies.
5. Experience in attack andpenetration testing and business continuity planning will be highlydesirable
6. Have prior experience inthe audit of Government IFMIS in a developing country will be an added advantage;
7. Experience in the use ofCAATs ( IDEA/Teammate AM)
8. Experience in developingof trainings for IT Auditors.
9. Have Knowledge andcompetence in the application of CAATs and should be proficient in BS25999-1 (BCP), ISO 27001- 20000, COBIT, ITILv3, SOX, PCI DSSe-TOM, and TOGAF standards.
10. Experience in Afghanistan, especially with the GoAfinancial systems and procedures, will be highly regarded
Management and team work:
· Ability to manage staffand contribute to the skills development and capacity building;
· Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizationalgoals;
· Solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; iswilling to learn from others;
· Place steam agenda before personal agenda;
· Supports and acts in accordancewith final group decision, even whensuch decisions may not entirely reflect own position;
· Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts jointresponsibility for team shortcomings;
· Good communication(spoken and written) skills, including ability to explain and present program support services-related information/requirements andprepare written documents/communications in a clear, concise style.
· Excellent skills inEnglish (listening, reading, writing, and speaking) required;
· Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others andresponds appropriately;
· Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed
·Ability to determine and review priorities and meet deadlines;
· Ability to multi-task andwork under pressure;
· Ability toworkindependently and also as an effective team member;
· Ability to develop capacity and competencies of staff andto transfer skills.
Liaison andReporting Arrangement
The Advisor will bereporting to the Auditor General/DAGs with the coordination of the Head of theSAO IT Department.
Duration of Assignment:
The assignment is initially for seven (7) months and may be extended if required conditionally uponavailability of funds.
Interested consultants must provide their updatedcurriculum vitae, indicating personal and technicalskills, qualifications and experience in similar assignments.
An individual consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the ConsultantGuidelines. The attention of interested consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank Guidelines: Selection andEmployment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank borrowers dated July 2014 ('ConsultantGuidelines"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
Further information and a copy of the detailed Terms of Reference (TORs) can be obtained at the addressbelow during working days from 08:00 to 16:00 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below in person, or by mail,or by e-mail onor before August 11, 2016.
Attention: Mohammad Dawood Safi
Procurement and Services General Manager
Supreme Audit Office
Darulaman, Kabul, Afghanistan
Email: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org /
Web site: www.sao.gov.af