Consultancy Services For A Feasibility Study, Environmental
Impact Assessment, Social Impact Assessment & Preparation Of A Resettlement Action
Plan, Preliminary And Detailed Design And Preparation Of Tender Documentation For
Theconstruction Of The Prop
NATIONAL URBAN TRANSPORT IMPROVEMENT PROJECT (NUTRIP)
PROJECT ID: P126321
CONSULTANCY SERVICES FOR A FEASIBILITY STUDY, ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT, SOCIAL IMPACTASSESSMENT & PREPARATION OF A RESETTLEMENT ACTION PLAN, PRELIMINARY AND DETAILED DESIGN AND PREPARATION OF TENDER DOCUMENTATIONFOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE PROPOSED KAKAMEGA BYPASS
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
TENDER NO. KeNHA/937/2015
1. This request for expressionsof interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in the DGMarket Publication of 3rd May 2012.
2. The Government of Kenya has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) to meet the cost ofthe proposed National Urban Transport Improvement Project (NUTRIP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds of the credit towardseligible payments under the contract for Consultancy Services for a Feasibility Study, Environmental Impact Assessment, Social Impact Assessment &Preparation of a Resettlement Action Plan, Preliminary and Detailed Design andPreparation of Tender Documentation for the Construction of the Proposed Kakamega Bypass.
3. The services will include,inter-alia all engineering, economic, financial, social and environmental analyses and related work toattain the objectives of thestudy.
4. Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or as a sub-consultancy toenhance their qualifications.
5. The Kenya National HighwaysAuthority, a State Corporationunder the Ministry of Roads established under the Kenya Roads Act, 2007, which shall be theImplementing Agency, now invites eligible firms, joint ventures and associations of firms to indicate their interest in providingthese services. Applicants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures,description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions and availability of staff).
6. A consultant will beselected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) procedures set out in the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by WorldBank Borrowers published in January 2011.
7. The attention of interestedconsultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans andIDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers published in January 2011 ("Consultant Guidelines") setting forth the World Bank'spolicy on conflict of interest.
8. Further information may beobtained from the address below during weekdays (Mondays to Fridays from 0800 to 1700 hours local time), excluding publicholidays.
9. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to theaddress below (in person, or by mail) by 5th March 2015 and clearly marked as follows:
National Urban TransportImprovement Project: Consultancy Services for a Feasibility Study, Environmental Impact Assessment, Social Impact Assessment &Preparation of a Resettlement Action Plan, Preliminary and Detailed Design and Preparation of Tender Documentation for the Construction of the Proposed Kakamega Bypass.
Kenya National Highways Authority
BlueShield Towers, Upper Hill, 1stFloor
10. Further information may be obtained from the address below:
Attention: General Manager (Special Projects)
Street Address: Kenya NationalHighways Authority
BlueShield Towers, Hospital Road
Floor/RoomNumber: Second Floor
City: NAIROBI, KENYA
Telephone: +254204954200, Fax No. 020 8042928
Email addresses: email@example.com