The Public Private Partnership (ppp) Feasibility Study For
Each Of Maragua 4 Dam And Ndarugu 1 Dam
ATHI WATER SERVICES BOARD
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES ? FIRMS SELECTION)
Project: Water and Sanitation Services ImprovementProject Additional Financing (WASSIP AF)
Credit No.: 5103KE
Assignment Title:The Public Private Partnership (PPP) Feasibility Study for each of Maragua 4 Dam and Ndarugu 1Dam
Reference No. (as perProcurement Plan) :50
Contract No. AWSB/WASSIP-AF/COMP1/CS-50/16
1. The Government of Kenya has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Kenya Water and Sanitation ServiceImprovement Project Additional Financing (WASSIP AF), and intends to apply part of theproceeds for consulting services.
2. The consulting services ("the Services") involve carryingout a feasibility study of aPublic Private Partnership (PPP) for the design, construction,operation, maintenance and financing of (i) Maragua 4 dam and itssubsequent downstream works and (ii) Ndarugu 1 dam and its subsequent downstream works. The downstream works include watertreatment plants, raw and treated water transmission mains, storage facilities and treatedwater distribution systems. A Feasibility study (FS)is a necessarypre-condition to the development of a project under PPP as defined in the PPP Act 2013.
3. The objective of this consultancy is to conduct a Feasibility Study for each of theMaragua 4 and Ndarugu 1 Dam Schemes as public-private partnership projects with the main elements of each FSbeing;
a. Definition of publicprivatepartnership project concept
b. Legal, regulatory, policyreview
c. Technical feasibility and financial viability including demand, construction, subsurface, safeguards/performance standards, economic and financial perspectives
d. Presentation of technical andfinancial options including possibility of implementation of each ofMaragua 4 dam and Ndaruga I dam as a multipurpose dam. Optionsof domestic water supply, energy generation and even irrigation appropriate recommendations made, and looking at the feasibility ornot of including the dam as a component of the PPP.
e. Presentation of the PPPoptions
f. Guidance on PPP implementation aspects including administrative and institutionalarrangements
g. Market survey and preliminarymarket sounding, including identification of potential bidders and level of in principle interest
h. Consultations withstakeholders and preliminary communications plan
4. The consultancy services will becarried out over a period of  weeks
5. The Athi Water Services Board now invites eligibleconsulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provideinformation demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
a. Experience in similar assignments
b. Experience in similar conditions.
c. Availability ofappropriate skills amongst staff.
6. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank'sGuidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by WorldBank Borrowers July 2014 ("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict ofinterest.
7. Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhancetheir qualifications.
8. AConsultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method set out inthe Consultant Guidelines.
9. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 0800 to 1700 hours from Mondayto Friday excludinglunch hour (1300 to 1400Hrs) and public holidays.
10. Expressions ofinterest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 4th May 2016 East African time.
11. Those submitted by package should be clearly marked "Request for Expression of Interest for Consultancy Services for The PublicPrivate Partnership (PPP) Feasibility Study for eachof Maragua 4 Dam and Ndarugu 1 Dam, Contract No: AWSB/WaSSIP-AF/Comp 1/CS- 50/16".
Athi Water ServicesBoard
Africa Re-Centre,3rd Floor, Hospital Rd
P.O. Box 45283-00100 Nairobi,Kenya.
Tel: +254 202724293
Fax: +254 20 27224295