Design And Supervision Of Electromechanical Equipment Of
Boreholes, Rehabilitation And Construction Of Water Treatment Plant And Pumping
1. This Request for ExpressionsofInterest follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project thatappeared in Development Business of4th December 2015.
2. The Government of Mozambique has applied for financingfrom the World Bank towards thecost of development of the Water Supplyand Institutional Support Project II (WASIS II), and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward paymentsunder the Consultancy Services for theDesign and Supervision of Electromechanical Equipment of Boreholes, Rehabilitation andConstruction of Water Treatment Plant and Pumping Station inPemba.
3. The services include:
· Design, prepare Bidding Documents and Evaluation Report for the electromechanical equipment of boreholes,rehabilitation and expansion of the existing water treatment plant and pumping stations in accordance with the project environmental and social safeguard documents and locallegislation.
· Supervision for the electromechanical equipment of boreholes, rehabilitation and expansion of the existingwater treatment plant and pumping stations in accordance with the project environmental and social safeguard documents and locallegislation.
4. The Fundo de Investimento e Patrimonio do Abastecimento de Água (FIPAG) as implementing agency of the Government ofMozambique, now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants mustprovide information indicating thatthey are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description ofsimilar assignments,experience in similar conditions and implementation of projects in accordance with environmental and social safeguard's framework,availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.).
5. TheConsultant shall be a reputable Civil Engineering Consultancy firm with at least 15 years experience in water engineering fordesign and supervision of groundwater based Urban Water Supply Systems. Specific experience in design check isnecessary. In particular, theConsultant shall be fully conversant with World Bank procurement documents, FIDIC Conditions of Contract and construction ofprojects in developing countries.
6. The aboveexperience should include i) Experience in Groundwater abstraction systems for Urbanuse (7 years), ii) Water treatment processdesign including rapid sand filters and iron removal (10 years), iii) Pumping Stations (7 years).
7. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 ofthe World Bank's Guidelines: Selection andEmployment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers, dated January 2011, revised July 2014 ("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the World Bank'spolicy on conflict of interest.
8. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection set out in the ConsultantGuidelines.
9. Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below from 8:30 to 12:00 and14:00 to 16:00 hours during weekdays.
10. Expressions of Interest must be delivered, inEnglish to the address below by 14:30 hours on 12 July 2016.
Fundo de Investimento e Patrimonio do Abastecimento de Água
Av. Filipe Samuel Magaia, Nr 1291 R/C
Telephone: 258 21 30 88 40, Facsimile: 258 21 30 88 81