Consulting Services For Promotion Of Best Practices And
Financial Instruments For Nitrate Directive Compliance Among Potential Beneficiaries
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
INTEGRATED NUTRIENT POLLUTION CONTROL PROJECT
Consulting services for Promotionof best practices and financial instruments for Nitrate Directive complianceamong potential beneficiaries ? 02/FBS/2015
Loan No.4873-RO TFNo.058040-RO
Project ID No. P093775
The Government of Romania has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the IntegratedNutrient Pollution Control Project. The overall development objectiveof theProject is to support the Government of Romania to meet the EU NitratesDirective requirements by reducing nutrient discharges to water bodies,promoting behavioral change at the communal level and strengtheninginstitutional and regulatory capacity.
A public awareness program aimed to increaseunderstanding of the environmentally sound agricultural practices anddisseminate good agricultural practices for water and soil protectionhas to beimplemented as part of the project. During the life ofthe project four public awareness campaigns were supposed to be carried out:
1) A national public awarenesscampaign ? implemented between2009-2012;
2) A river basin level publicawareness campaign ?implemented between 2012-2014;
3) Disseminating the Project's benefits at nationallevel campaign ?implemented during2014-2015 inorder to replicate theproject interventions in other similar areas within Romania;
4) Promotionof best practices and financial instruments for Nitrate Directive complianceamong potential beneficiaries ? to beimplemented in 2016.
The overall objectiveof these consulting services is disseminate the best practices regarding theimplementation on Nitrate Directive requirements and to promote among potentialbeneficiaries the financial instruments which will be available for actions tobe implemented under Nitrate Directive.
The Consultant may be a company withexperience in designing and undertaking public awareness programs, includingevents organization, media and on -line campaigns. Experience in undertakingpublic awareness programs on environment and agriculture topics will representan advantage.
The Ministry of Environment, Water and Forests now invites eligibleconsultants to indicate their interest in providing Consulting services for promotion of bestpractices and financial instruments for Nitrate Directive compliance amongpotential beneficiaries.Interested consultantsmust provide accurate information indicating that they are qualified to performthe services, respectively:
- generalinformation: corebusiness and years in business, address, contacts, number and countryofregistration; domains of expertise, presentation of services provided,references; documents indicating consultant profit and turnover for the last 3years;
- specificinformation ofthe consulting firm experience in the field of the assignment
(presentation of the designed and implementedlargenational public awareness campaigns ; presentation of the designed andimplemented events (workshops, trainings, conferences targeting differentgroups: national and local publicadministration, mass media, NGOs etc); presentation ofthe designed and implemented national and local media campaigns (radio spots,TV shows at national and local level , press releases, press conferences, cover-stories and interviews, articles in national and local press etc)
- information regarding theavailability of appropriate specialized staff for the assignment: descriptionof the team proposed to carry out the assignment, qualifications, expertise andyears of professional expertise;
- Consultants may associate toenhance their qualifications.The "association"may take the form of a Joint Venture or a sub consultancy. In case ofa JointVenture (JV), all members of the JV will be evaluated jointly for thepurposeof short listing and shall be jointly and severally liable for the assignmentand shall sign the contract in case of award is made to that JV group.Interested consultants should clearly indicate the structure of their"association" and the duties of the partners and sub consultants in theirapplication. Unclear expression of interests in terms of "in association with"and/or "in affiliation with" and etc. may not be considered for shortlisting.Keeping one expression of interest per firm as principle, a consultant firm maydecide whether it wishes to participate as a sub consultant or as an individualconsultant or as a partner in a joint venture. Please note that a firm shallsubmit only one EOI in the same selection process either individuallyas aconsultant or as a partner in a joint venture. No firm can be a sub consultantwhile submitting an EOI individually or as a partner of a joint venture in thesame selection process. A firm, if acting in the capacity of sub consultant inany consultant or JV, may participate in more than one consultant, but only inthe capacity of a sub consultant."
The Consulting firm will be selected using FBS (SelectionUnder a Fixed Budget)method inaccordance with theprocedures set out in the World Bank's Guidelines:Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (May2004).
Interested consultants may obtain further information atthe address below during office hours, from Monday to Thursday - 0900to 1600 hours and Friday - 0900 to 1400hours.
Expressions of interest must be written in Englishlanguage and have to be delivered to the address below by August 28 , 2015, 1300hours, local time. Expressionsof Interest received bye-mail are accepted.
Ministry of Environment, Waterand Forests
Integrated Nutrient PollutionControl Project Management Unit
Attn: Mrs. Naiana MILEA, PMU Director
Mrs. Manuela CIUTAC procurementspecialist
12, LibertatiiBlvd., Sector 5
City: Bucharest ZIP Code: 040129 Country: Romania