Contract Package # S30: Individual Consultant For Impact
Evaluation And Implementation Completion Report (icr)of Ipff Project
Government of the People'sRepublic of Bangladesh
Investment Promotion and Financing Facility (IPFF) Project
(IDA Credit #4693-BD)
24th Floor, 2nd Annex Building
Head Office, Motijheel, Dhaka- 1000
Ref:IPFF/12(Proc.plan/S30/2016- 42 Date: 21 /03/2016
Request for Expressions ofInterest (REOI)
The Appointment of Individual Consultant (International) [Lump sumContract]
[Contract package # S30: Individual Consultant for Impact Evaluation
and ImplementationCompletion Report (ICR) of IPFF Project]
The Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh (GoB) hasreceived a credit (hereinafter called the "Credit") from the InternationalDevelopment Association (IDA)toward the cost of Investment Promotion and Financing Facility (IPFF)projectwhich is intended to promote infrastructure development through private sectorentrepreneur endorsed by the GoB. Bangladesh Bank acts as the implementingagency for the project on behalf of Finance Division and now intends to applypart of the proceeds of this fund to payment under the contract for theprovision of consultancy services by an Individual Consultant (International).
The mainobjective of hiring international individual consultant along with a localjunior consultant/ support stuff is toprepare an Implementation Completion Report (ICR) using World Bank's format and to doImpactEvaluation Report for IPFF Project. These reports will serve as the basis forWorld Bank's future project / program targeting enhanced role of private sectorin infrastructure, in consideration of the experience gathered throughimplementation of IPFF Project over the last 10 years.
IPFF Project now invites eligible applicants fromBangladeshi/Foreign Nationals for the position mentioned above. Interested applicants mayobtain detailed ToR and further information from the office of the undersigned duringnormal office hours and ToR of the assignments are also availablein the web address (http//www.bb.org.bd ). The Consultant will be selected using the selection of IndividualConsultant (IC) method in accordance with the World Bank guidelines on"Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD loans and IDA Credits &Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011." The Consultantwill be engaged for 3.5 staffmonths.
1. Qualification andExperience of theconsultant:
· At least Bachelor degreein business,finance, accounting, law or a similar relevant professional degree from areputable institution, but with preference for a post graduate degreefromreputable institution.
· At least 10years'experience of working in a relevant financial and commercial discipline in arelevant enterprise (for e.g. financialinstitution, financial and commercial consultancy firm).
· Experience of conductingimpactassessment of similar nature.
· At least 5 yearsinternational workexperience in a senior role in reviewing, assessing, structuring or advising onlong term lending facilities.
· Practical and hands onexperienceof PPPprojects in at least one country.
· Experience of leading ormanaginga team.
· Must have strongcommunication andpresentation skills in English.
· Detailed knowledge ofWorld Bankprocurement and financial management processes a plus.
2. Selection Criteria:
Work experiencebest suited for Assignment
Others (computerskill, communication andpresentation skill, leading or managing a team etc.)
The cvs of the applicantswill be evaluated on the basis of the criteria mentioned above and thepreferred consultant will be invited for negotiation.
3. Application in a sealedenvelope and externally marked title of individual position, package no. , name& address of the individual must be submitted to Mr. Ahmed Jamal, Executive Director & Project Director, IPFF Project, 24th floor, 2nd Annex Building,Bangladesh Bank, Head Office, Motijheel, Dhaka -1000, Bangladesh.
4. Applicants are requested to submit EOI along with financial offer in a sealed envelope.
5. The deadline of submissionof EOI is 17/04/2016 up to 2.00 PM..
Theprocuring entity reserves the right to accept or reject any or all of theEOI or annul the EOI process at any stage without assigning any reason(s)whatsoever and without incurring any liability to the affectedapplicants(s).
Executive Director andProject Director
InvestmentPromotion and Financing Facility (IPFF)Project
HeadOffice, Motijheel, Dhaka-1000
Tel: +8802 9530230
Fax: +8802 9530193