Request For Expression Of Interest (reoi) For Engagement Of
Implementation Partners For Public Works Component
MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE, FORESTRY,COOPERATIVES & RURAL DEVELOPMENT
Request for Expression of Interest(REOI) for Engagement of Implementation Partners
forPublic Works Component
Republic ofSouth Sudan
Safety Net& Skills Development (SNDP)(P143915)
Credit No. 5284-SS
Assignment Title: Implementation of Public Works Component of the Safety Net & Skills Development Project inJuba and Torit Counties
ReferenceNo. SNDP/PW/ QCBS/01 /15
1. The Governmentof the Republic of South Sudan (GoRSS)has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Safety Net and Skills Development Project (SNSDP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
2. The objectiveof this assignment is to plan, implement, and provide technical supervision and monitoring of identified public works activities inthe selected counties. The implementing partner would work very closely with the communities, county authorities and statecoordinator and other state level authorities to identify public works priority activities that will significantly benefit targetbeneficiaries by improving and enhancing their livelihood. The implementing partner will be responsible for the coordination andmonitoring of the implementation of the SNSDP activities atthe counties.
TheImplementing Partner is expected to deliver services including but not limited to the following:
· mobilization, sensitization and orientation of the communities to secure their active involvementand participation in public works program;
· in collaborationwith the communities, county authorities ensurethe implementation of Public Works activities are properly followed and executed as stipulated in the POM;
· ensure selection of participants for the public works are duly doneaccording to beneficiaries targeting criteria;
· Facilitate the identification of public works activities where communitieshave vested interest inthe activities to be carried out. This will enhance participatory planning and motivates them;
· Organize eligible beneficiaries into groups suitable for implementation ofPublic Works;
· In collaboration with the Public Works Specialist, communities' representatives, state and county coordinator produce training materials forlabour-based works covering the management of public works;
· Ensure gender equity in all types of public works and avoid or eliminate child labour;
· Consolidate required data from the counties and feed into MIS to provide projectimplementation progress;
· ensure attendancesheets are properly filled and transfers to beneficiaries are made timely;
· preparesregular reportsand updates on the progress of implementation of the project within the agreed time frame and submit to the relevantstakeholders;
· duly implement environmental and social safeguards;
· develop and use targeting processes in target Bomas,and ensure eligible youth areidentified in a participatory way together withcommunities and government authorities in a mannerbased on clear and pre-defined vulnerability criteria.
3. The Ministry ofAgriculture, Forestry, Cooperatives & Rural Development (MoAFCRD) now inviteseligible consulting firms/agencies ("Consultants")to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that theyhave the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
· The agency should have prior relevant experience of implementing public works programs in SouthSudan. This should be demonstrated by similar assignments handled in the last 5 years.
· The agency should be in operation for not less than 5 years.
· Demonstrate that it has competence for the assignment
NB. Shortlisting will be done on an item by item basis i.e Item 1 forJuba County and Item 2 for Torit County. Applications should therefore be made separately for each County.
4. Theattention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment ofConsultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by WorldBank Borrowers" dated January 2011 ("Consultant Guidelines"),settingforth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to the following specific information onconflict of interest related to this assignment: Bank policy requires that consultants provide professional, objective, andimpartial advice and at all timeshold the client's interests paramount, without any consideration for future work, and that inproviding advice they avoid conflicts with other assignments and their own corporate interests. Consultants shall not be hired forany assignment that would be in conflict with their prior or current obligations to other clients, or that may place them inaposition of being unable to carry out the assignment in the best interest of the Borrower.
5. Consultants may associate with other firms in theform of a joint venture or asub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
6. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality & Cost Based Selection(QCBS) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines dated January, 2011.
7. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours Monday -Friday, from 9:00 A.M. to 16:00 P.M.
8. Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (inperson, or by mail, or by fax, or bye-mail) by 12.00 noon on 3rd August,2015.
Prof. Mathew Gordon Udo
Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry,
Cooperatives &Rural Development
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com;firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com;