Consultancy Services To Develop A National Communications
Strategy For Petroleum Sector Development In Kenya
REPUBLIC OF KENYA MINISTRY OF ENERGY ANDPETROLEUM
KENYA PETROLEUM TECHNICAL ASSISTANCEPROJECT
CONSULTANCY SERVICES TO DEVELOP A NATIONALCOMMUNICATIONS STRATEGY FOR PETROLEUM SECTOR DEVELOPMENT IN KENYA
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES ? FIRMS SELECTION)
Credit No. 55260KE
Project ID No. P145234.
1. The Government of Kenya (GoK) has received financing from the World Bank's International DevelopmentAssistance (IDA) towards the cost of the Kenya Petroleum Technical Assistance Project (KEPTAP) whose overall objective is tostrengthen the capacity of the Government of Kenya to manage its petroleum sector and wealth for sustainable development.It isintended that part of the proceeds of this credit be applied to eligible payments under the contracts for provision of consulting services to develop anational communication strategy for petroleum sector development in Kenya. The consultancy will run for a period of 4months.
To develop a communication strategy and implementationplan for the Government of Kenya to communicate proactively and consistently to relevant stakeholders on the development of thepetroleum sector in Kenya, the management and distribution of wealth, and the opportunities and challenges this generates for theKenyan citizens.
3. The scope of the assignment will includebut not limitedto:-
· Determine the communication requirementsthat must be met to support thegoals for the formulation of the National Policy and Plan of Action;
· Assess the communication capacities of all stakeholders ;
· Identify and detail approaches for fulfilling the communicationrequirements in a comprehensive and coordinated strategy for the National Policy and Plan of Action;
· Propose the use of various types of media products, in print andelectronic, that can be related to the main sectors of the National Policy and Plan of Action;
· Prepare a list of the resource needs (human and financial) and estimatedimplementation budget; and
· Prepare a complete implementation plan for the approvedstrategy
4. The Ministry of Energy and Petroleum (MoEP) through the Project Management Unit (PMU) (Client) nowinvites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultantsshould provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform theServices. The shortlisting criteria are: At least 15 years of experience in the practice of policy communication, mediacommunication, strategic communication and other communication disciplines. At least one similar project/assignment for governmentorganization (with reference). A good track record of accurately predicting communication campaign dynamics and outcomes. Solidexperience in the development and use of communications tools and mechanisms, including the ability to commission opinion researchand interpret its results and good experience in public sector. Demonstrated good understanding of the local political, social andeconomic trends.
5. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits& Grants] by World Bank Borrowers January 2011 ("Consultant Guidelines"), settingforth the WorldBank's policy on conflict of interest.
6. Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy toenhance their qualifications.
7. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality & Cost-Based Selection (QCBS)method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
8. Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours: Monday to Friday:08.00 to 17.00 hours.
9. Complete Expressions of Interest documents in plainsealed envelopes with consultancy reference and name clearly marked on top should bedelivered in person, or by email to the address shown below or placed in the tender box at our offices on the 24thFloor, Nyayo House, Kenyatta Avenue by 14thJuly 2016 at 1000 hours Kenyanlocal time.
Project Management Unit
Attn: Procurement Specialist
Ministry of Energy and Petroleum
P.O Box 30582 ? 00100
Project Management Unit
Attention: Procurement Specialist
24th Floor, Nyayo House, Kenyatta Avenue