Recruitment Of An Advisor To Support The Directorate Of Public
Debt Management To Implement The Framework For Fccl
INFRASTRUCTURE FINANCE & PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS PROJECT
RECRUITMENT OF AN ADVISOR TO SUPPORTTHE DIRECTORATE OF PUBLIC DEBT MANAGEMENT TO IMPLEMENT THE FRAMEWORK FOR FCCL
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (CONSULTING SERVICES ? INDIVIDUAL SELECTION)
Credit No. 51570 KE Project ID No.P121019
The Government of Kenya (GoK) in conjunction with the World Bank is implementing a four-yearInfrastructure Finance and Public Private PartnershipsProject (IFPPP) whose overall development objective is to increase private investment in the Kenyan infrastructure market byimproving the enabling environment to generate a pipeline of bankable PPP projects. This objective will be achieved through theprovision of technical expertise and building capacity to implement the Government's Public Private Partnerships (PPP) National program. Component 3 of the IFPPP project seeks to strengthen the FiscalCommitment & Contingent Liability (FCCL) risk management framework and to enhance the functional capacity within the NationalTreasury (focused on the Directorate of Public Debt Management (DPDM)) on identification andmanagement of FCCL risks. It isintended that part of the proceeds ofthis credit be applied to eligible payments under the contracts for provision of the aboveConsultancy services for a period of one (1) year (renewable).
The objective of this assignment is to support the Directorate of Public Debt Management toimplement the framework for FCCL. The consultant will help in the implementation of theframework as well as in the review ofprojects for FCCL.
2. SCOPE OFWORK
In order to achieve this objective the Consultant will work with the Directorate of PublicDebt Management aswell as coordinate with the PPPU, Budget Division-NT, Contracting Authorities and any other agencies orstakeholders involved in managing the FCCL. The assignment will include:
a) Establishing, institutionalizing and maintaining the tools, models and formats included in the FCCLguidance issued by the PPPU, including but not limited to the long term fiscal planning tool, excel models for calculating valuesof guarantees, project risk profiles and other required information formats.
b) Collecting all information required for project assessment and for the preparation of all reports included in the FCCLguidance issued by the PPPU, by coordinating withthe PPPU, Budget Department, Contracting Agencies, Transaction Advisors and othersas required.
c) Reviewing individual projects for FCCL at both feasibility stage and post-bid stage, valuing guarantees, updating the longterm fiscal planning tool to assess the long term fiscal effect of the new project and recommending to Director General - DPDM/PPPUfor approval or other decision, with cogent and comprehensive comments.
d) Creating and maintaining models for the purpose of measuring and managing FCCL in excel or other software as decided by thePPPU and as outlined in the FCCL guidance issued by the National Treasury for measuring, monitoring and managing the FCCL.
e) Preparing all reports on FCCL as required under the FCCL Guidelines issued by the National Treasury including material onFCCL for the Annual Debt Report of the government, the Debt Management Strategy and other publications ofFCCL
f) Institutionalizing these tasks into the Directorate of Public Debt Management through capacitating counterpart(s) embeddedinto the DPDM.
g) Organizing training and discussion workshops and meetings as required for the performance of all of the above functions.
3. The National Treasury (the Client) through its Project Implementation Unit (PIU) now invites eligible individual consultants to express their interest in providing theservices. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that theyhave the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services. Consultants should provide their most recent profiles showing their experience, qualifications, capabilities, references anddetails of past experience especially in the area of their expertise etc. The shortlistingcriteria are; (a) Qualifications -Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting or a related field (an advanced degree will be preferred), Trained infeasibility analyses; proficient in financial modeling, Monte Carlo techniques, use of crystal ball and other modelling softwareand options valuation. (b) Experience - A financial expert, with at least 10 years hands on experience in financial modelling andoptions valuation. (c) Experience working in developing countries will bepreferred. (d) Fluency in spokenand written English.
4. The expression of interest is also open to interested firms who may wish to proposeindividual consultants. In such cases,only the experience and qualifications of the individuals proposed shall be taken into account in the selection process and not thefirm's corporate experience. Consequently, the ensuing contract agreement will be signed directly with the successfulindividual.
5. The attention of interested consultantsis drawn to paragraph 1.9 of theWorld Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits& Grants] by World Bank Borrowers published in January 2011 ("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the World Bank's policy onconflict of interest. A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures for selection of individual consultants setout in the Consultant Guidelines.
6. Interested eligible individuals mayobtain further information at the address given belowduring office hours between 0900 to 1700 hours, Monday ? Friday inclusive, exclusive of public holidays, before the deadline for the submission ofExpressions of Interest.
7. Complete Expressions of Interest documents inplain sealed envelopes with consultancy reference and name clearly marked on top shouldbe delivered in person, sent by mail or by email to the address shown below or placed in the tender box at our offices on the7th floor, Anniversary Towers, North Tower
Project Implementation Unit
Attention: Procurement Specialist
7th Floor, Anniversary Towers, NorthTower.
Building No.19 Monrovia Street/UniversityWay
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
8.Deadline for submission of Expressions of Interest is Thursday 29th January 2015 at 1600 hours Kenyan local time.
DIRECTOR, PUBLIC PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPSUNIT
FOR: PRINCIPAL SECRETARY