Supply, Installation/testing And Commissioning Of Pendulum
Impact Testing Machine (pitm) With Digital Display And Hardness Testing Machine (htm)
For The Department Of Naval Architecture And Marine Engineering.
Directorate of Planning andDevelopment
Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh
Invitation for Bids
Country: People's Republic ofBangladesh
Name of Project: Higher Education QualityEnhancement Project
Loan No./Credit No./ Grant No: 5332-BD
Contract Title: Supply, Installation/Testing and Commissioning of Pendulum Impact Testing Machine(PITM) with Digital Display and Hardness Testing Machine (HTM) for the Department of Naval Architecture and MarineEngineering.
Package number: CP-3131/NAME-G1
1. The People's Republic ofBangladesh has receivedfinancing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Higher Education Quality EnhancementProject, and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward paymentsunder the contract for Supply,Installation/Testing and Commissioningof Pendulum Impact Testing Machine (PITM) with Digital Display and Hardness Testing Machine(HTM) for the Department of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering.
2. The Directorate of Planning andDevelopment (P&D), BUET now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders forSupply, Installation/Testing and Commissioning ofOne Pendulum Impact Testing Machine (PITM) with Digital Display and OneHardness Testing Machine (HTM) for the Department of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, BUET.
3. Bidding will be conducted through the InternationalCompetitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank's Guidelines:Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World BankBorrowers January 2011 edition ("ProcurementGuidelines"), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition,please refer to paragraphs1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank'spolicy on conflict of interest.
4.Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Directorate of Planning and Development, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET),Dhaka-1000 and inspect theBidding Documents at the address given below from 9:00 to 17:00 Hours Bangladesh Standard Time (BST=GMT+6 hrs.)(Working Days)
5. A complete set of bidding documents in English may bepurchased by interested eligible bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of anon refundable fee of BDT 5000/- or USD 65 (US Dollar Sixty Five). Please add additional BDT 8,000.00 (eight thousand) or USD100.00 (one hundred) for overseas delivery by international courier services. The method of payment will be through Cash or pay order/Bank draft in favor ofDirector, Directorate of Planning andDevelopment, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Dhaka-1000.The document will be sent byairmail for overseas delivery and surface mail or courier for localdelivery.
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 02.30 PM Hours BangladeshStandard Time (BST=GMT+6 hrs.) of 26/10/2015; late bids will berejected. Bids will be opened in the presence ofBidders' representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below at 03.00 PM Hours Bangladesh Standard Time of26/10/2015. Electronic bidding will not be permitted.
7. All bids must be accompanied by a "Bid Security" of BDT 1,60,000/- (BDT One lac Sixty Thousand Taka only) or USD 2,000 (US Dollar TwoThousand only).
8. A pre bid meeting willbe held on 04/10/2015; at 11.00 AM Hours Bangladesh Standard Time (BST=GMT+6 hrs.) in the office of theDirector, Directorate of Planning and Development,3rd Floor, Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET),Dhaka-1000.
9. The address(es)referred to above is(are):