Internationalconsultant To Improve The Planning And Management
Poverty ReductionFund (PRF)
Request forExpression of Interest for
International Consultantto improve the planning and management of PRF activities
Country: Lao People's DemocraticRepublic
Project: Poverty Reduction Fund II
Description: International Consultant to improve theplanning and management of PRF activities
Duration ofassignment: 10 weeks (two trips to Vientiane)
Startingdate: Assoon as possible
Grant No.: H 685-LA
Project No.: P 123480
Issue Date: 06/10/2014 ClosingDate: 20/10/2014
The GovernmentofLaos, with support from the World Bank, Swiss Agency for Development andCooperation,AusAID and Japanese Social Development Fund (JSDF) has set up thePoverty Reduction Fund (PRF) to deliver small scale development projectincluding support to livelihood activities at the Koumban and Villagelevels.The project is now seeking for a short term International Consultant toimprove the planning and management of PRF activities to be basedinVientiane Office.
The objective of the consultancy is to assist theLaoPoverty Reduction Fund II (PRFII) improvesits business on budgeting issues and hands on technical assistance tostrengthen the capacity of the PRF staff on the planning and budgeting.
The specifictasks or detailed job descriptions can be obtained at PRF website http://www.prflaos.org orat PRF Office.
Requiredqualifications and experience:
· Master degree in PublicAdministration, Business Administration, Organizational Development, Economics,Public Finance Management or related fields;
· At least ten(10) years of experience in public/ business administration, whether in theprivate or public sector.
· Experience inadministering an organization that implements numerous activities based on abottom-up planning processes is a point.
· At least ten(10) years of demonstrated work experience in budget planning and analysis;
· A goodexperience in the planning of community based activities is a point.
· Good knowledgeof financial management policies and procedures of multilateral financialinstitutions, including the World Bank and development co-operation agencies;as well as good knowledge of the institutional, technical, rural developmentactivity based project of budgeting processes ;
· Excellentskills in project management demonstrated in previous jobs;
· Previousexperience of similar work in South-East Asia;
· Previousexperience in professional development and training;
· Experience inworking with major donors' regulations and guidelines is desirable
· Good commend ofMs Office® software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and ability to useinformation technologies (Web, email) as tools and resources.
· Excellentreporting skills;
· Excellentcommunication, interpersonal and team working skills;
· ExcellentEnglish written and verbal communication skills (Lao knowledge is an asset);
· Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Allinterestedapplicants should submit (1) a cover letter outlining clearly how thecandidatemeets the required qualifications and experience of the position mentionedabove, (2) a detailed CV with one (3x4) photo and (3) supporting documents(certificate of the most recent employment, certificates ofqualification/graduation, a list of at least three referees from mostrecentwork places, etc) to the HROfficer, Poverty ReductionFund, Prime Minister'sOffice 501 building, Sisavathtai Village, Chanthabouly District, P.O Box 4625Vientiane, Tel: 021 261479 - 80, Email: email@example.com& firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that allsubmitted documents will not be returned. PRF provides competitive salary andbenefits.
Deadline forapplications: 20/10/2014
Onlyshortlisted candidates will be contacted for negotiation