Production Of Base Maps For Dar Es Salaam City Tanzania
THE UNITED REPUBLIC OF TANZANIA
PRIME MINISTER'S OFFICE
Invitation for Bids(IFB)
9th September, 2015
PRIVATE SECTOR COMPETITIVE PROJECT-ADDITIONAL FINANCING(PSCP-AF)
Production of Base maps for Dar Es Salaam CityTanzania
Loan / Credit No. IDA 41360-TZ
1. This Invitation for Bids (IFB)follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for thisproject which appeared online in United Nations Development Business (UNDB)Issue no. 10944 dated July 3rd , 2013
2. The Governmentof United Republicof Tanzania has received a credit from International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of Private Sector CompetitiveProject (PSCP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to cover eligible payments under the contract forProduction of Base Maps for Dar es Salaam City inTanzania
3. The Prime Minister's Office serves as the implementing agency for the project nowinvites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for the for Production of Base Maps for Dar es Salaam City in Tanzania asfollows:
? DigitalAerial Photography of project area and Ground Control Points;
? AerialTriangulation and Oriented Stereo Models;
? Productionof Digital Elevation Model (includingDigital Terrain Model) according to the agreed datamodel;
? DigitalOrthorectified Imagery for the project area as per specifications of Bid Document
4. Bidding will be conducted using theInternational Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDACredits, January 2011, and is open to all eligibleBidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, please refer to paragraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the WorldBank's policy on conflict of interest. Minimum qualification criteria are defined in the bidding documents.
5. Interested eligible Bidders may obtainfurther information from: The Secretary, Ministerial Tender Board, Prime Minister's Office, 2 Magogoni Street, P. O. Box 3021,11410 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Electronic mail address: email@example.com and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given from 8.30 am to 3.30 pm on Mondaysto Fridays inclusive except on public holidays. A pre-bid meeting which potential biddersmay attend will be held on25th September, 2015.
6. A completeset of bidding documents in English may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to theaddress given under para 5 above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Tanzanian shillings two hundred fifty thousand only(TZS. 250,000/=) or equivalent. The method of payment will be by Cash, Banker's Draft, orBanker's Cheque, payable to the Permanent Secretary, Prime Minister's Office.
7. All Bids must be delivered to theaddress given under para 9 below at or before 10.00 am local time on 12thOctober, 2015. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be opened immediately thereafter inthe presence of the bidders' or their representatives who choose to attendat the address below. All bids must be accompanied by aBid Security valued at $140,000 US Dollars or an equivalent amount in a freely-convertiblecurrency.
The attention of prospectivebidders is drawn to (i) the fact that they will be required to certify in their bids that all software is either covered by a validlicense or was produced by the bidder and (ii) that violations are considered fraud, which can result in ineligibility to beawarded World Bank-financed contracts.
The address for a Bid Submissionis:
Ministerial Tender Board,
Prime Minister's Office
2 Magogoni Street,
P. O. Box 3021,
11410 Dar es Salaam,
Telephone: +255 22 21 17249/58
Fax: +255 22 21 12850