Developing Bond Market Growth Strategies, Regulatory And
Supervision Framework For Bond Market And Hedging Instruments In Malawi
RESERVE BANK OF MALAWI
FINANCIAL SECTOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE PROJECT(FSTAP)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OFINTEREST
Name of Project: Financial Sector Technical Assistance Project (FSTAP)
Consulting Services: Consultancy servicesto Develop Bond Market GrowthStrategies, Regulatory and Supervision Framework for BondMarket and Hedging Instruments in Malawi
Credit No. 4897 Mw
Project ID No. P122616
Date of Issue: 07th October 2016
1. This Invitation follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared inUN Development Business, ofMarch 29th, 2012.
2. The Government of the Republic of Malawi has receivedfinancing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Financial Sector Technical Assistance Project (FSTAP), and intends toapplypart of the proceeds of this credit towards eligible costs for the recruitment of a Consultant to Develop Bond Market Growth Strategies, Regulatory and SupervisionFramework for Bond Market and Hedging Instruments in Malawi
3. The Reserve Bank of Malawi now invites eligible individual consultants toindicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they arequalified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, etc.). Selectionwill be based on qualifications and experience stipulated below:
a) A master'sdegree in law, finance, banking and /or economics;
b) 10 years'professional experience incapital markets including not less than 5 years in bond markets;
c) Extensiveexposure to relevantinternational standards and good practices in the design development and monitoring of risk-based supervisionand risk assessment methodologies for the financial sector;
d) Extensiveexposure to drafting of laws and regulation in the securities or capital markets specifically regulatory framework for the bondmarket and hedging instruments; and
e) A provenrecord of similar assignments.
4. The attention of interested Consultants is drawntoparagraph 1.9 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World BankBorrowers, (January, 2011) revised July 2014 ("Consultant Guidelines"),setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
5. The Consultant will beselected in accordance with Individual Consultants selection procedures set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
6. Interested consultants mayobtain further information and Terms of Reference at the address below during office hours i.e. 0900 to 1600 hours local time.
7. Expressions of interest must be delivered, by hand,mail, courier or email to the address below by 21st October 2016.
Financial Sector Technical Assistance Project(FSTAP),
Reserve Bank of Malawi,
P.O. Box 30063,
TEL: (265) 1 770 600/771 600
FAX: (265) 1 773 752
E-mail: email@example.com and copy: firstname.lastname@example.org