Supply Of Line Construction Equipment And Tools
Invitationfor Bids (IFB)
ElectricityAccess Scale-up and Sector Wide Approach (SWAp) Development Project(EASSDP)
SUPPLY OF LINECONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS
1. This Invitation for Bids follows theGeneral Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in DevelopmentBusiness, issue of 7thJuly2009.
2. The Government ofRwanda has received for a credit from theInternational Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of Electricity Access Scale-up and Sector WideApproach Development Project (EASSDP), and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of thisloan to payments under the Contract for SUPPLY OF LINE CONSTRUCTIONEQUIPMENT AND TOOLS asfollows:
Lot 1: LINE CONSTRUCTION TOOLS
Lot 2: LINE CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT
3. EDC LTDnowinvites sealed bids from eligibleand qualified bidders for thetender to SUPPLYOF LINE CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT AND TOOLS
4. Bidding will be conducted through theInternational Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services under IBRD Loansand IDA Credits &Grants by World Bank Borrowers[insert correct title anddate of applicable Guidelinesedition as per legal agreement] ("ProcurementGuidelines"), and is open to all eligiblebidders as defined in the Procurement Guidelines. In addition, pleaserefer toparagraphs 1.6 and 1.7 setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict ofinterest.
5. Interestedeligible bidders may obtain further information from Electricity Access Scale-up andSector Wide Approach Development Project (EASSDP)andinspect the bidding documents at the address given below from 08 00 to 17 00 hours localtime excludingweekend days and national publicholidays.
6. A complete set of biddingdocuments inEnglish may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of awrittenapplication to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of fifty US Dollars (USD 50) or anequivalent amount in a freely convertible currency deposited to the accountcalled RECO/EARP n° 1230070 opened at BNR(National Bank of Rwanda).
7. Bidsmust be delivered to the address below at or before 10 00 hourslocal time on 22nd December 2014.Electronic bidding willnot be permitted. Late bidswill be rejected. Bids will be opened inthe presence of the bidders' representatives who choose to attend in person atthe address below at 10: 30 hours localtime on the same day 22nd December 2014.Allbids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of
Lot1: 1,500 USDorthe equivalent in a freely convertible currency.
Lot2: 1,500 USDorthe equivalent in a freely convertible currency.
8.Theaddress referred to above is:
ENERGY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION LIMITED
EDCL LTD (Headquarter)
KN82 ST 3, Nyarugenge District, KigaliCity, PO Box 537 Kigali, Rwanda.
Tel: +(250) (0)252573666, Fax + (250) (0)252573802
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.ewsa.rw
RUHIGULA Jackson GAFULEKA Robert NYAMVUMBA
Ag. Head of theProcurement Unit Managing Director