Procurement Of Goods For Supply Lab Reagent For Livestock Component
Islamic republic of Afghanistan
Ministry of Agriculture,Irrigation and Livestock
National Horticultureand Livestock Project
NHLP Grant No: TF 013820 and Project ID:P143841
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
PROCUREMENT OF GOODS FOR SUPPLYLAB REAGENT FOR LIVESTOCK COMPONENT
IFB No.MAIL/WB/NHLP/ICB-4436/ G.576
Date of Issuance: May 4,2016
Pre Bid Meeting: June 11, 2016 at 14:00 Hrs Kabul local time
Date of Closing: June 25, 2016 at 14:00 Hrs Kabul local time.
1. This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project thatappeared in Development Business, on December 30, 2012.
2. The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received a Grant from the InternationalDevelopment Association toward the cost of National Horticulture and Livestock Project and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this Grant to payments under the Contract for Procurement of Goods for Supply of LabReagent for NHLP.
IFB No: MAIL/WB/NHLP/ICB- 4436/ G.576
3. The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock now invites sealed bids from eligible andqualified bidders for Supply of lab reagent for Livestock Component of NHLP/MAIL.
Final (Project Site) Destination
Lab Reagent 225 items
CIP , Darulaman Kabul Afghanistan
4. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB)procedures specified in the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans andIDA Credits current edition, January 2011as amended from time to time and is open to all bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines.5
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from, Procurement Unit, Horticulture and LivestockProject and inspect the biddingdocuments at the address given below from 08:00 hrs to 14:00 hrs on any working day from Saturday to Wednesday.
6. Post qualificationRequirements (ITB 38.2)
After determining the lowest-evaluated bid in accordance with ITB Sub-Clause 37.1, the Purchaser shall carryout the post qualification of the Bidder in accordance with ITB Clause 38, using only the requirements specified. Requirements not included in the text below shall notbeused in the evaluation of the Bidder's qualifications.
(a) Financial Capability
The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence that itmeets the following financial requirement(s):
Bidders shall include a letter from a reputed bank indicating their financial status which willindicate their ability to perform the contract of themagnitude equivalent to the quoted price. Alternatively, the bidder may attachbank statement for the last six months covering the period up to two days before the deadline for submission of bid which shouldhave enough (equivalent to the price you are offering)credit balance to cover the quotedprice.
(b) Experience and Technical Capacity
Bidders must provideevidence of having completed at least one verifiable contract of equalor larger magnitude in supply of similar goods within theperiod of last five years with a prime contractor.
(c) The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence to demonstratethat the Goods it offers meet the following usagerequirement:
7. A complete set of electronic copy of Bidding Documents in English may be obtained freeof charge by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below or sending an e-mail to theaddress below. The Bidding Documents will be sent by electronic mail
8. Bids must be delivered to the address below ator before 14:00 Hrs(Kabul local time) on June 25, 2016. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Latebidswill be rejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders' representatives who chooseto attend inperson at the address below at14.00 Hrs (Kabul local time) on the same day. All bids must be accompanied by a bidsecurity as given below or an equivalent amount in a freely convertible currency.
9. Theaddress referred to above is:
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock
National Horticulture and Livestock Project(NHLP),
Jamal Mina, Kabul University MainRoad
Telephone: +0093 (0) 202511903, 0093(0)202511905
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org