Senior Project Economics And Financial Analysis Manager
REPUBLIC OF KENYA
MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT, WATER AND NATURAL RESOURCES
STATE DEPARTMENT OF WATER
Kenya Water Security and Climate Resilience Project
Project No.: P117635 Credit No. 5268-KE
CONSULTING SERVICES ? INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT SELECTION
REQUESTFOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR SENIOR PROJECT ECONOMICS AND FINANCIAL ANALYSIS MANAGER
CONTRACT NO:MEWNR / KWSCRP-1/026/2014-2015
1. The Government of Kenya has received financing from the International Development Association (WorldBank) towards implementation of theKenya Water Security and Climate Resilience Project -Phase 1 (KWSCRP-1), and it intends to apply part of the proceeds to payments for consulting services to be procured under thisCredit for Consulting Services for Senior Project Economics and Financial Analysis Manager ; CONTRACT NO: MEWNR /KWSCRP-1/024/2014-2015
2. The Post - Reportingto the Project Manager the Senior ProjectEconomics and Financial Analysis Manager will provide input on economic andfinancial aspects of KWSCRP including support to executing agencies and be responsible for monitoring/impact evaluation,information systems design and overall reporting for KWSCRP.
3. For the detailed Terms ofReference for this assignment with specific objectives and scope of the tasks, key deliverables, timing, competence andqualifications and other requirements, please visit the ministry website www.environment.go.ke
4. The Ministry of Environment, Water and Natural Resources (the client) nowinvites eligible individual consultants to express their interest (EOI) in providing these services. Interested consultants mustprovide their CVs and information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services. The desired consultant must have the following skills and expertise:
a) Advanced degree in economics and finance or a comparable field is required;
b) Additional professional training in Economic Forecasting,Econometric Analysis/models, ProjectManagement, financial management, monitoring and evaluation;
c) At least 20 years of directly relevant work experience inconducting economic and financial analysis ofdevelopment projects, minimum 3 of which should have been working responsibilities with a substantial content in the IDA/World Bankrequirements/standards for economic/financial, monitoring, evaluation and reporting;
d) At least ten (10) years' experience inmonitoring & evaluation, information systems design and reporting for complex development projects;
e) Experience in Micro & Macroeconomic Analysis including carrying out analysis of projects involvingmultiple socio-economic variables, which include water supplies, irrigated agriculture, livelihoods and infrastructure developmentand disaster impact assessment;
f) Demonstrated professional experience in a national and regional/international level insocio-economic development;
g) Experience in public sector and/or academic institutions will be a distinctadvantage;
h) Substantial and diverse experience in various facets of communication and capacity building/training;
i) Excellent quantitative skills and experience in statistical analysis such as databasemanagement and modeling, spreadsheet management, among others as demonstrated by published documents, articles, reports,etc.;
j) A proficient working knowledge of MS office including Microsoft Excel, Quick books andMicrosoft Project as well assoftware most used by economists such as STATA, SPSS, LIMDEP, etc.
5. The duration for this position is expected to be three (3) years and will be subject toannual extensions based on acceptable performance.
6. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of theWorld Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits &Grants] by World Bank Borrowers January 2011 revised July 2014 ("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict ofinterest.
7. Selection ofan Individual Consultant will be in accordance with World Bank's Guidelines: Selectionand Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 revised July2014 ("Consultant Guidelines"). Theselection criteria will be solely based on individual experience and qualifications.
8. Interested consultants may obtain further necessary information at the address below during office hours between0900 to 1600 hours from Monday to Fridayexcluding lunch hour (1300 to 1400Hrs) and public holidays.
9. The completed expression of interest documents in writing in three (3) copies must be delivered to theTender Box on Ground Floor, Maji House or sent to the address below as to be receivedon or before 9th July, 2015 at 1000 hours East Africa Time. For expressions ofinterest that will be deposited at thetender box, the packages should be clearly marked: ContractNO: MEWNR / KWSCRP-1/024/2014-2015 forSenior Project Economics and Financial AnalysisManager" addressed to:
Kenya Water Security andClimate Resilience Program,
Ministry of Environment,Water and Natural Resources,
Maji House, 4thFloor ? Room No. 453/456, Ngong Road,
P.O. Box 49720-00100, Nairobi.
Tel: +254 02 2716103 Ext.42366/42335