Consultancy Services For Establishment Of National Procurement
Institute (npi), National Procurement Authority, Aop
?????? ?????????????????????? ???????????????????
????? ????? ????? ???? ????? ??????
???????????????????? ??????????????????? ???????????
??????? ????? ? ???? ????? ??? ?????
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI)
Public Financial Management Reform Project-II (PFMR-II)
(Consulting Services ? Firms Selection)
Government of Islamic Republic ofAfghanistan
Public FinancialManagement Reform Project ? II(PFMR-II)
Grant No.: IDAH2980-AF
Project ID: P120427
Assignment Title: Consultancy Services for Establishment of National Procurement Institute(NPI), National Procurement Authority, AOP
PP Reference No. NPA/AF/C-2
NPA Ref. No.:NPA/AoP/CS-1076/QCBS (C-2)
1. The Administrative Office of the President has received financing from the World Banktoward the cost of the PublicFinancial Management Reform Project ? II (PFMR-II) and intends to apply part of the proceeds forconsulting services: for Establishment of National Procurement Institute (NPI), National Procurement Authority, AOP.
2. The consulting services ("the Services") include:
National Procurement Authority (NPA) has been createdconsequent to the vision of H.E.President of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan under Decree No. 16 dated 12/10/2014, Decree No. 60,dated 21/11/1393 and Decree No 72 dated 04/03/2015 in order to provide standard procurement services for the overall lineministries/ organizations of the country with a center-led modality and bring about institutional reform and integration of thenational procurement system. NPA is accordingly entrusted with the responsibility of formulating policies related to publicprocurement and regulating the public procurement function & play the role of central procurement facilitationorganization.
In order to foster the reform and transparency, NPA isstriving to integrate and modernizethe procurement system while faced with various challenges including lack of sufficient andprofessional human resources within the civil service as well as inadequate capacity within the private and non-government sectors,resulting in low service delivery, mismanagement and waste of public resources.
To address current challenges, NPA is determined toprofessionalize procurement sector bycreating and establishing the National Procurement Institute (NPI) asa government runinstitute to provide standard academic education, training and certification to civil servants, private and non-governmentsectors,as well as young people who are interested in pursuing a career in public procurement or supply changemanagement.
3. Objectives of the Assignment:
I. Assessment of the current Procurement TrainingCenter by examining the center and a diverse pool of trained peopleas a whole with focus on the content, course delivery,curriculum andbuilt capacities;
II. Development of Procurement Training curriculum in compliance of PublicProcurement Law of Afghanistan and donor guidelines (especially World Bank and ADB) with covering integrity, ethics andanti-corruption measures;
III. Design a standard procurement certification mechanism for procurementexperts;
IV. Development of examinations and supervision procedures for ProfessionalProcurement Training Certificate;
V. Development of a comprehensive 5-year strategic plan covering concept,structure, implementation, estimated budget, resources,risk assessment
VI. Assisting NPI in establishment of professional procurementcadre
For details of the services,the Draft ToR is available at www.npa.gov.af
4. The Administrative Office of the President, GoIRA, now invites eligibleconsulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the aforesaid Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications andrelevant experience to perform the Services.
The short listing criteria are:
i. The consultant shall demonstrate having sound financial situation and capacity by submittingfinancial audit report with annual turnover of at least US$ 300,000 for any of the last 3 years (2013, 2014 & 2015);
ii. The consultant should have been insimilar business since at least last (5) years. The consultantshall also provide proven experiences of having executed at least two contracts of similar nature, each with the value of minimumUS$ 150,000.
iii. Organizational Structure
iv. Manpower withqualifications, technical and professional competence necessary for successful implementation of the assignment
v. Eligibility requirements in compliance with paragraphs 1.11,1.12 & 1.13 of the World Bank's Guidelines forSelection & Employment of Consultants, January 2011 ? Revised July 2014. The consultants should also provide a copy of thecertification of incorporation/business license.
5. The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of theWorld Bank's Guidelines: Selectionand Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits &Grants] by World BankBorrowers ? January 2011 RevisedJuly 2014 ("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to the following information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as perparagraph 1.9 of Consultant Guidelines: Bank policy requires that consultants provideprofessional, objective and impartial advice and at all times hold the client's interest paramount, without any consideration forfuture work, and that in providing advice they avoid conflicts with other assignmentsand their own corporate interests. Consultantsshall not be hired forany assignment that would be in conflict with their prior or current obligations to other clients, or thatmay place them in a position of being unable to carry out the assignment in the best interest of the Borrower. The Guidelines are availableat www.worldbank.org/.
6. Consultants may associate with other firms in the form ofa joint venture or a sub-consultancy toenhance their qualifications. If consultants intend to associate with other firms, they are advised to clearly identifythe lead partner and state the composition and nature ofthe association (JV/ sub-consultant) in their EOI.
In case the EOI is submitted inform of JV, each partner in the association shall meet the requirements defined in Para.3 above, under the short listing criteria.However, the short listing criteria will not be applied and considered for sub-consultant.
7. A consultant will be selected though Quality and Cost Based Selection(QCBS) in accordance with the proceduresset out in the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011, Revised July 2014.
8. Interested consultants may obtain further information atthe address given below between 09:00 to16:00 hours.
9. Expressions ofinterest, must be delivered in a written formto the address given below (in person, by email or by mail) by September 4 , 2016, 15:00 Hrs (Kabul Local Time) duly quoting thecase's reference number i.e. NPA/AoP/CS-1076/QCBS (C-2)
Attention: Mr.Sanaullah Rasekh
Administrative Office of the President
Pashtunestan Wat, Kabul, Afghanistan
Email:email@example.com copied to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site: www.npa.gov.af