Request For Expressions Of Interest (eoi) For Appointment Of
Individual Consultant For Monitoring The Implementation Of Computerized Integrated
Financial Management Information System (ifmis) Of Breb And Pbss (package No.s-90)
Government of the People'sRepublic of Bangladesh
Ministry of Power, Energy& Mineral Resources
Biddyut Bhaban (Level10)
1 Abdul Gani Road,Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh
REQUEST FOREXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (EOI) FOR APPOINTMENT OF INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT FOR MONITORING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF COMPUTERIZED INTEGRATEDFINANCIAL MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM (IFMIS) OF BREB AND PBSs
No: 27.71.0000.005.10.047.16-437 Date: 10/04/2016
1. The People's Republic of Bangladesh has receiveda credit from the International Development Agency (IDA) in the amount of US$ 155million towards the cost of the Rural Electrification and Renewable Energy Development II (RERED II) Project and it intends toapply a part of the proceeds ofthis credit to payment under the contract for the IndividualConsultant for Monitoring the Implementation of Computerized Integrated Financial Management Information System (IFMIS) of BREB andPBSs.
2. PowerCell invites applications from Individual Consultant who have required experience for the above mentioned consultancy services and have experience of similarassignments.
KeyFunctions of the Consultant:The key functions of the consultant are to support BREB/PBSs in design and implementation of IFMIS at BREB/PBSs. The Individualconsultant will assist BREB from conceptualization of the concept to conduct appropriate assessment and designing of a TOR and RFPfor selecting a suitable & experienced consultancy firm for implementation of IFMIS in BREB/PBSs. The Consultant is required tostudy the feasibility of the IFMIS solution, determine infrastructure requirements, prepare budgetary estimates, FunctionalRequirement Specifications (FRS) for selection of firm for implementing the IFMIS and provide support to BREB in selection of thefirm for implementating of IFMIS. Also assist BREB during the implementation through change management and monitoring. The scope ofwork includes: i) Conducting Assessment of BREB's existing organizational process ii) Assessment of existing IT infrastructure iii)Develop IFMIS functionality architecture iv)Designing IT infrastructure v) Assistance in Procurement of the IFMISpartner(preparation of Roadmap, EOI, evaluation of RFP etc.) vi) Assistance in formation of BREB's project team vii)Implementation-changemanagement, implementation monitoring viii) Monitoring and Review of the implementation progress ix) Trainingand Change Management x) PostImplementation Audit, Financial and Technical Closure etc.Qualification of the Expert: The consultant should have at least a Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance/Marketing and professional accountancyqualification with adequate proficiency in Information Technology (IT)system. The consultant must have experience in providingconsultancy for implementation of packaged solution like IFMIS, Business Process Re-engineering to Govt./Reputedorganizations/Project Management Units.Requisite Experience and Competence of the Expert: The Consultant should have minimum 10 (ten) years of general professional experience of which4(four) years in implementation of packaged solution like IFMIS, Business Process Re-engineering to Govt. /Reputedorganizations/Project Management Units etc.Selection Procedure:Applicants will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank's Guidelines. The consultant will beselected based on the following evaluation criteria:
- Educational Qualification
- Overall work experience
- Work experience in computerized IFMIS & IT infrastructure sector
- Work experience in donor funded projects
- Understanding of GOB & WB Guidelines and regulations
7. Remuneration : Negotiable
8. Expression of Interest must be delivered to the address below within May 10, 2016, 17:00 hrs BST.Any submission received after the deadline will not be accepted.
9. Detail Scope of Work will be available in the Terms ofReference (TOR) which can be downloaded from the website of Power Cell (www.powercell.gov.bd), UNDB and CPTU from the date of publishing of EOI.
10. The Authority reserves the right to accept or reject any EOIs without showingreason.
Tel: 88 (02) 9551261, 9555962, 9566099, 9556577
Fax: 88 (02) 9554664, 9572097