Germany-Munich: Purchase, delivery and installation of various office furniture and chairs
INTERNATIONAL OPEN INVITATION TO TENDER No. 2025
The European Patent Organisation (EPO), acting through the European Patent Office: Headquarters, Bob-van-Benthem-Platz 1, 80469 Munich, Germany, Postal address: EPO, 80298 Munich, Germany.
The European Patent Organisation is an intergovernmental organisation set up pursuant to the European Patent Convention which entered into force in 1977. At present it has 38 Member States (Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and United Kingdom). The executive body of the EPO is the European Patent Office which is charged with the searching and examination of European patent applications and the granting of European patents. It employs approximately 6 700 staff at EPO headquarters in Munich, a branch at The Hague/Rijswijk (NL) and sub-offices in Berlin and Vienna.
Open invitation to tender with discretionary award of contract.
(a) Purpose of the contract:
In the frame of the New Main Building Project at the EPO premises in The Hague the Netherlands, which will provide office space for up to 1 950 EPO staff members the EPO intends to purchase various office furniture and chairs:
- Purchase, delivery and installation of -up to- 1 450 sets of office furniture for single offices for the branch office in The Hague.
- Purchase, delivery and installation of -up to- 550 sets of office furniture for open spaces including acoustic panels for the branch office in The Hague.
- Purchase, delivery and installation of -up to- 65 sets of (Principal) Director office furniture for the branch office in The Hague.
- Purchase, delivery and installation of -up to- 2 200 office swivel chairs and -up to- 3 200 meeting room/visitor chairs for the branch office in The Hague
- Take-over and removal of existing furniture.
The framework contract(s) shall have a duration of 5 years whereof the majority of the furniture and chairs shall be delivered & installed most likely within 3 months after handover of the new building to the EPO which is presently foreseen at the end of 2017.
The furniture and chairs contract(s) should foresee flexibility in the production and the delivery time of the furniture because the final handover date of the New Main Building still needs to be confirmed by the EPO.
(b) Division into lots:
Lot 1: Standard office furniture including acoustic panels;
Lot 2: (Principal) Director furniture;
Lot 3: Office swivel chairs and meeting room/visitor chairs.
(c) Any deposits and guarantees required:
(d) Main terms concerning payment:
Purchase: within 30 days of acceptance of the equipment.
(e) Qualifications required by law:
(a) Place at which the contract is to be performed:
European Patent Office,
2288 EE Rijswijk (Z.H.),
(b) Duration of contract or time limit for delivery or completion of services/work:
A framework contract for 5 years whereof the majority of the furniture and chairs shall be delivered & installed most likely within 3 months after handover of the new building to the EPO which is presently foreseen at the end of 2017.
Proposals for variants, the effect of which would be to reduce significantly the rights and safeguards of the EPO, are not allowed.
(a) Name and address of department from which the Procurement Documents and clarification of the Procurement Documents may be requested:
European Patent Office
Central Procurement PD 4.8
Tender No. 2025
Patentlaan 2, NL-2288 EE Rijswijk (ZH), the Netherlands
Procurement Documents will be forwarded upon written or E-Mail request.
(b) Final date for receipt by the EPO of requests for the Procurement Documents:
- 22.6.2016 (12:00), C.E.T.
(c) Final date for receipt by the EPO of requests for clarification:
- 11.7.2016 (12:00), C.E.T.
Questions must be submitted by letter or E-Mail.
(d) Final date for receipt of bids/number of copies to be sent:
- 7.9.2016 (12:00), C.E.T.
Bids must be submitted in original.
(e) Address to which the requests for clarification and bids must be sent:
As in point 6(a).
Please submit bids by post only and not by fax or E-Mail. Bids submitted by fax or E-Mail will be excluded.
(f) Language or languages in which requests for clarification and bids must be drawn up:
The Procurement Documents will be available in English only.
If several bidders submit a joint bid, they must be jointly and severally liable for the performance of the obligations under the contract. A declaration to this effect, duly signed by all members of the grouping and appointing a representative that is authorised to act on behalf of all members, must be submitted with the bid.
Bids from bidders who do not fulfil the selection criteria stated in the Procurement Documents and/or whose circumstances are such as seriously to call into question their financial and professional reliability (see Article 2 of the General Conditions of Tender, available under www.epo.org) will not be considered for contract award.
Bidders' know-how, capacity and reliability to fulfil the contract will be assessed on basis of the information and evidence submitted in reply to the questionnaire in Annex 1 to the General Conditions of Tender and any additional questionnaire(s) included in the Procurement Documents.
12 months following the final date for receipt of bids indicated in point 6(d).
The selection criteria for the Bidder are the following:
- The contract sum shall not exceed 30% of the bidder's annual turnover of the previous 3 years for the respective lots. In the event of a joint bid or the use of a subcontractor by the bidder the answer to the present question may take the turnover of that other entity into account.
- The bidder has relevant experience with at least 3 similar projects in the past 5 years in the respective lots.
- The bidder shall be able to demonstrate having sufficient staff with experience & knowledge to cope with such a project.
- The bidder shall be able to demonstrate experience with delivering detailed planning and a detailed logistics plan ensuring that production, delivery and installation shall be in time.
- The bidder shall deliver detailed technical specifications and pictures of the offered furniture for the respective lots.
The contract shall be awarded (award criteria) to the bidder whose bid is to be preferred having regard to the bidder's ability to meet the requirements of the EPO to be measured by:
Quality, Design & Functionality: 50 %
Production time & delivery: 20 %
Price: 30 %
- Contract award is expected to take place in the second quarter of 2017.
- A bidder’s information meeting and/or site visit shall be held on Thursday 30.6.2016 (10:00).
- After the pre-selection a sampling will be part of the procedure. In this 2nd phase per lot a maximum of 5 bidders shall be selected on the sole discretion of the EPO.
- The contract will include the take-over of a part of the existing office furniture from the EPO.
- 1 or more lots may be awarded to 1 bidder.