Bulgaria-Sofia: EBRD - Assessment of the results of the energy sector measures funded from the Kozloduy International Decommissioning Support Fund for the period 2001-2015
Sector: Nuclear safety
Project number: 8286-EOI-17149
Funding sources: KIDSF
Contract type: Project services
Notice type: Invitation for Expressions of Interest
Issue date: 20 May 2016
Closing date: 13 June 2016, 14:00 h, Sofia time
The Invitation for Expressions of Interest (EoI) follows the General Procurement Notice for this project published in Procurement Opportunities, on the EBRD website on 08 February 2016.
The Ministry of Energy (ME) intends to use the grant support provided by the Kozloduy International Decommissioning Support Fund (KIDSF), administered by the Nuclear Safety Department of EBRD, for assessment of the results of the energy sector measures financed or co-financed from the KIDSF in the period 2001-2015.
ME shall engage a Consultant (Assessment Consultant) to perform the assessment of energy efficiency; power generation and distribution; utilisation of renewable energy sources; district heating and gas systems projects that were financed and co-financed from the KIDSF.
Assignment description: The scope of the assignment of the Assessment Consultant shall include the following tasks:
The Consultant will:
• review the data on the energy sector projects financed or co-financed with KIDSF in the period of 2001-2015;
• reflect the results of the energy sector projects through electricity generating capacity (MW) and annual electricity production (MWh/year) for each project separately and as a total for the entire KIDSF energy sector support;
• assess the results of the energy sector projects against CO2 emissions balance, SO2, NOx and dust emissions;
• assess results of the energy sector projects against their contribution towards the mitigation of negative consequences of early closure of Kozloduy NPP units 1-4;
• assess the social and environmental impact where applicable;
• compare the initially estimated values of energy savings before project implementation with the actual achieved results after the project implementation for the completed projects;
• calculate the effectiveness of the investments against the achieved energy savings;
• establish whether results on each project in the energy sector confirm the originally envisaged objectives as well as the priority areas defined in 2004 Strategy and in Strategy Implementation Plan (and its update).
Consultant Profile: The Assessment Consultant could be a company/consortium, which has established adequate capability, experience and skills in the following areas:
• Experience within energy sector projects that involved data collection;
• Experience within energy efficiency projects that involved assessment of financial investments;
• Experience in impact assessment of various energy efficiency measures (calculation of energy savings based on collected data) within the areas envisaged within the assignment description above.
The experience shall be demonstrated by at least one completed project within the last 10 years for the above-listed areas.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: The assignment is expected to start in Q III 2016 and last about 6 months.
Maximum Budget available for the Assignment: EUR 150,000 (exclusive of VAT)
Funding Source: Kozloduy International Decommissioning Support Fund (KIDSF)
The consultancy contract will be financed from grant resources from KIDSF and shall be free from any and all taxes, custom duties or other fees or mandatory payments arising in or as a result of performance of services in the country of the Assignment (Bulgaria).
Eligibility: Consultant selection will be carried out in accordance with the EBRD Procurement Policies and Rules and will be open to firms from any country. The proceeds of the KIDSF Grant will not be used for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities, or for any import of goods, if such payment or import is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations or under a law or official regulation of the Employer's country.
Submission requirements: In order to determine the capability and experience of consulting firms seeking to be shortlisted, the information submitted shall include the following:
• An Expression of Interest letter;
• Company profile, organisation and staffing;
• Details of experience or similar assignments, including information on contract value, contracting entity/client, project location/country, duration (mm/yy to mm/yy), expert months provided, assignment budget, percentage carried out by consultant in case of association of firms or subcontracting, description of main tasks and activities.
The above information should not exceed 20 pages.
One original and 3 copies of the above information in English shall be submitted to the address below in an envelope marked "EXPRESSION OF INTEREST for Consultant to the Ministry of Energy for the Assessment of the results of the energy sector measures funded from the KIDSF for the period 2001-2015, “DO NOT OPEN BEFORE 13 June 2016, 14 h. local time” and “ДА НЕ СЕ ОТВАРЯ ПРЕДИ 13 Юни 2016 г., 14 ч. местно време”. One further electronic copy should be submitted within the submitted EoI.
The shortlisted companies will be requested to provide expertise in the following areas:
• financial investment;
• energy efficiency;
• power generation and distribution;
• utilisation of renewable energy sources (i.e. wind, hydro, solar, biomass);
• district heating;
• development of power and gas systems.
Ministry of Energy of Bulgaria, Ms. Zdravka Pekova, Chief expert Energy Projects Management Department, 8 Triaditza Str., 1000 Sofia, Bulgaria. Tel: + 359 2 9263 258; Fax: + 359 2 9807630; E-mail: email@example.com