1. This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation, quotes are being requested, and a written solicitation will not be issued.
2. The solicitation number is: VA260-16-Q-0564, this solicitation is issued as a Request for Quote (RFQ) for the Seattle VAMC Research and Development Department. The requirement is for a commercial grade 3D printer with accessories to include installation and training.
3. Solicitation documentation and incorporated provisions and clauses are those in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular (FAC) 2005-87.
4. This solicitation is issued for full and open competition. The North American Industry Classification Code (NAICS) is 334118 - Printers, Computers, Manufacturing and the business size standard is 1000 employees. Any small businesses submitting quotes must either be the manufacturer or an authorized reseller or distributer to ensure no "grey market" items are procured.
5. The Federal Government intends to award a firm-fixed price contract for supplies and/or services. This is a BRAND NAME or EQUAL requirement. The brand manufacturer is Stratasys. Contractor must be able to provide all of the listed items or equal. The quoted items shall meet or exceed the requirements of the items listed below. If an equal item product is quoted, the vendor shall submit documentation stating why/how their product meets or exceeds each brand name item.
Specific Contract Line Items (CLIN) are listed below:
CLIN - P/N - DESCRIPTION - QTY
0001 - OBJ-17000 - Objet 350 Connex 3, 3D Printer (See characteristics below) - Qty 1.
0002 - OBJ-03006 - Water Jet; Large Format (See characteristics below) - Qty 1.
0003 - OBJ -017013 - Installation and Training (See characteristics below) - Qty 1.
0004 - PW9130L2000T-XL - UPS Power Backup (See characteristics below) - Qty 1.
0005 - Minimum 12 month warranty/maintenance support (See characteristics below) - Qty 1.
0006 - Include all equipment manuals and guides - Qty 1 set.
Specific CLIN characteristics:
CLIN 0001: Printer
- Able to print a range of rigid and flexible full color (full red green blue spectrum) photopolymer materials by depositing three different base resins in specific formulations in an automated fashion to create 1000 or more composite materials with specific, predictable properties.
- Able to create 1000 or more composite materials with specific, published material and mechanical properties
- Able to blend 3 or more base materials simultaneously to create new digital materials.
- Have 8 or more print heads that are used simultaneously to deposit materials during the building process.
- Must use 8 piezoelectric printing heads to jet material onto a build tray and cure the material with 2 UV lights onboard the machine.
- Printing heads must be able to accommodate unique base solutions such that multiple materials can be printed simultaneously in the same model or mixed in an infinite variety to produce flexible, compressible, rubber-like materials that can seamlessly blend from hard to flexible as desired.
- Able to print in the following elastomers simultaneously - Shore A 27, 40, 50, 60, 70 85, 95 to simulate different soft tissue-like materials in the same print job.
- Able to print very hard materials with a Shore D hardness greater than 80
- Printer must be able to create devices with a mix of both rigid and compliant components.
- Printer must use a poly-jet additive manufacturing technology with the capability of producing high-fidelity parts with stiffness and compliance profiles that range from very soft (Shore A < 27, e.g bike gel seat) to very hard (Shore D > 80, e.g. hard hat).
- It must be capable of supporting a range of materials with a wide array of properties from rubber to rigid and transparent to opaque.
- Able to produce hard materials which can be fabricated alongside and intertwined with flexible materials, in response to computerized design input. This capability is critical for development of difficult-to-fabricate equipment, instruments, and tools. For example, a biomechanically-accurate robotic model can be built with ligaments built into the bones, exactly as found in nature.
- Able to incorporate up to 82 material properties in a single build.
- Able to print a tray of mixed parts: eliminate the need for assembly when building 82 distinct material properties into a single part in one automated job.
- Able to print with transparent, flexible and bio-compatible materials in the same machine.
- Have a minimum print volume of 340 × 340 × 200 mm (13.4 × 13.4 × 7.9 in.) and print parts up to this size in all printing modes - especially the highest quality mode.
- Able to print plastic layers down to 16 microns thick.
- Able to print at a minimum speed of 12 mm per hour/strip in 16-micron (0.0006 in.).
- Minimum acceptable build resolution of 600 dpi (X and Y axis) and 1600 dpi (Z axis).
- Minimum acceptable accuracy is 20-85 micron for features below 50 mm; 200 micron or less for full model size"
- Printer must be able to print with a support material that can be removed with waterjet.
- Printer must be able to print with a support material that is soluble for automated post-processing and increased geometric freedom to print complex and delicate features and small cavities
- Support material removal cannot involve wax or heat which could warp parts that have delicate features or cause parts to sweat wax which would negatively impact post processing and part painting.
- Able to fabricate parts that include many distinct materials simultaneously.
- Capable of producing irregularly-shaped objects, such as customized user-specific residual limb linings for prosthetic applications, orthotic devices with dynamic stiffness, etc.
- Printer must not produce an end product through the process of extruding melted plastic to build up objects layer-by-layer. This is the method of 1st generation 3D printing technology and does not have sufficient resolution or flexibility.
- Printer must be capable of generating objects using layers of curable liquid photopolymer onto a build tray, in contrast to the older method of melted polymer deposition.
- Printer must have the ability to print in elastomer to produce flexible, compliant structures that are intimately connected to stiffer rigid components.
CLIN 0002: Water Jet or similar method/equipment
a. Used to clean printed parts of debris and waste
b. Removal process cannot heat which could potentially warp parts
CLIN 0003: Installation and Training
a. Provide on-site installation of printer and associated equipment
b. Provide on-site training upon the completion of installation
CLIN 0004: UPS Powerbackup
a. Input Voltage: 90-140 VAC, 120 VAC nominal - 50/60HZ - Connection: NEMA 5-20P
b. Output: 2000VA @ 1800 W, 120VAC - Connection: Min (4) NEMA 5-20R and (1) NEMA L5-20R.
c. Interface: RS-232 USB Port
d. Include all software, cables and manuals required for installation
e. Minimum of one year warranty
CLIN 0005: 12 Month Warranty and Maintenance Support
a. Minimum 12 month parts and labor warranty on all equipment (excluding UPS).
b. Minimum 12 month maintenance support
CLIN 0006: Manuals/Guide
a. Include one set of manuals/user guides
6. Delivery (FOB Destination is preferred): Seattle VAMC, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Warehouse 90D, 1660 S. Columbian Way, Seattle, WA 98108. Shipping (estimated) will be identified and rounded into unit price. Final shipping information will be included in the issued delivery order. All supplies must be delivered within 30-45 days after receipt of order. All prices and quotes shall be submitted in US Dollars to be considered.
7. Vendors should thoroughly review and be familiar with the requirements of the solicitation prior to submitting quotes in order to be fully aware of the scope of supplies and services required. Failure to do so will not relieve the successful offeror from performing in accordance with the strict intent and meaning of the specifications without additional cost to the Government. The Government shall not reimburse any cost not incorporated into the vendor's price.
8. To respond to this solicitation, quotes shall be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "VA260-16-Q-0564 3D Printer" in the subject line of all quotes. All quotations from responsible sources will be fully considered.
9. Quotes are due by 3 P.M. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on July 6, 2016.
10. Procurement of these commercial supplies and/or services is being conducted according to FAR part 12 Commercial Items, FAR part 13 Simplified Acquisition Procedures (SAP), and the VAAR, as supplemented with additional information in this notice.
11. Prior to submitting a bid, Offeror(s) shall be actively registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) per FAR 52.204-7 System for Award Management. Registration instructions may be obtained and online registration may be accomplished at www.sam.gov. By submitting a bid, the Offeror acknowledges the requirement to be registered in the SAM prior to award, during performance, and through final payment of any contract or purchase order resulting from the solicitation. To be eligible for award, Offeror(s) must be registered in SAM under the appropriate business category and NAICS code. In addition, unless available via SAM (i.e. www.sam.gov) Offeror(s) shall include a completed copy of their Representations and Certifications as per the provision 52.212-3, Offeror Representations and Certifications-Commercial Items, with their bid.
CLAUSES, PROVISIONS, AND ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS
The provision at FAR part 52.211-6, Brand Name or Equal, applies to this acquisition.
The provision at FAR part 52.212-1, Instructions to Offerors-Commercial, applies to this acquisition.
The provision at FAR part 52.212-2, Evaluation - Commercial Items, does apply to this acquisition.
The provision at FAR Part 52.212-3, Offeror Representations and Certifications - Commercial Items, applies to this acquisition.
The provision at FAR Part 52.214-21, Descriptive Literature, applies to this acquisition.
The clause at FAR part 52.212-4, Contract Terms and Conditions - Commercial Items, applies to this acquisition.
The clause at FAR part 52.212-5, Contract Terms and Conditions Required to Implement Statutes or Executive Orders - Commercial Items, applies to this acquisition.
Additional clauses applicable to this procurement are attached on RFQ: VA260-16-Q-0564