Description:(i) This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; proposals are being requested, and a written solicitation will not be issued.
(ii) The solicitation number FA4528-16-T-4043 is being issued as a request for quotation.
(iii) The solicitation document and incorporated provisions and clauses are those in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular 2005-89.
(iv) This acquisition is 100 percent set aside for small businesses. The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code is 314110 with a size standard not to exceed 1,500 Employees.
(v) CLIN 0001 - Carpet Tile, Peel and Stick, 24" X 24" (Tandus Centiva STYLE : INLINE 04122 COLOR : LONGBOARD 54202 ) (12,500 SY)2. CLIN 0002 - Carpet Tile, Peel and Stick, 24" X 24" (Tandus Centiva STYLE : CITY WALK 03974 COLOR : LIGHTS OUT 36101) (12,500 SY)
Carpet Tiles must be Tandus Centiva. See attached Request for Quotation and Brand Name Justification.
(vi) Must be compliant with AF Carpet Standards: 1. Minimum Warranties:a. Fifteen-year warranty against 10 percent loss of face fiber. b. Fifteen-year warranty against edge raveling, snags, picks, runs, and delamination.
2. Construction:a. Carpet tile will be tufted, woven, needle-bonded or fusion-bonded.
3. Surface Fibers:a. Nylon: Fiber manufacturer continuous filament nylon 6, 6 or nylon 6 with a cross-section modification ratio no greater than 2.5.
4. Pile Height:a. No higher than ½ inch, measured to the backing
5. Average Pile Yarn Density (APYD):a. Must exceed 4,000
6. Tuft Bind:a. Must exceed 10 pounds
7. Backing:a. For tufted carpet, primary and secondary backings (or unitary backing) must be synthetic material. Jute backings are not authorized. b. Use of attached cushion back is optional. Open-cell urethane cushion or closed-cell vinyl backings are authorized.8. Colorfastness:a. Colorfastness to light (fading) will comply with AATCC TM 16, Colorfastness to Light, and will have a minimum of 4 after 40 AATCC fading units using the AATCC gray scale for color change.
9. Electrostatic Propensity (Maximum):a. 3.5 kilovolts or less
10. Fire Resistance:a. Carpet must conform to CFR Part 1630, Standard for the Surface Flammability of Carpets and Rugs (FF 1-70) (Pill Test). b. Minimum average critical radiant flux of 0.22 watt per square centimeter or greater.c. Smoke density, when necessary to meet specific application, shall be tested in accordance with ASTM E662 and shall have a maximum specific optical density not exceeding 450 (flaming mode exposure).
11. Appearance Retention Rating (ARR): a. Heavy: Minimum of 3.0 ARR
12. Stain Resistance:a. Minimum rating of 8 using the AATCC red 40 stain scale after 2 HWE (hot water extraction) using the AATCC 171, Carpets: Cleaning of; Hot Water Extraction Method, test method followed by the AATCC 175, Stain Resistance: Pike Floor Coverings, stain test.
13. Indoor Air Quality: a. Certified as CRI "Green Label" or "Green Label Plus."
*Note: Funds are not presently available for this effort. No award will bemade under this solicitation until funds are available. The Governmentreserves the right to cancel this solicitation, either before or after theclosing date. In the event the Government cancels this solicitation, theGovernment has no obligation to reimburse an offeror for any costs.
(vii) Place of delivery is Minot AFB, ND 58705 and is FOB destination. Required delivery is 60 days ADC.
(viii) The provision 52.212-1, Instructions to Offerors-Commercial Items, applies to this acquisition.
(ix) The provision 52.212-2, Evaluation-Commercial Items, applies to this procurement. Supplies: The government will award a firm-fixed price contract resulting from this solicitation to the responsible Offeror whose offer conforming to the solicitation will be most advantageous to the government, price and other factors considered. The other factors considered will be the ability to meet the salient characteristics of the items above. Award shall be based on best value to the government.
(x) The government advises Offerors to include a completed copy of the provision at 52.212-3, Offeror Representations and Certifications -- Commercial Items, with its offer. Offerors are also reminded to complete Offeror Representations and Certifications on-line at www.sam.gov prior to submitting an offer.
(xi) Clause 52.212-4, Contract Terms and Conditions Commercial Items, applies to this acquisition.
(xii) Clause 52.212-5 Contract Terms and Conditions Required to Implement Statutes or Executive Orders Commercial Items, applies to this acquisition and the additional FAR clauses cited in the clause are applicable: 52.203-6, 52.204-10, 52.209-6, 52.219-6, 52.219-8, 52.219-14, 52.219-28, 52.222-3, 19, 21, 26, 35, 36, 37, 40, 50, 54, 52.223-9, 18, 225-13 and 52.232-33.
(xiii) Additional FAR, DFARS and AFFARS clauses and provisions that apply are: 52.203-3, 52.203-17, 52.204-4, 52.204-7, 52.204-9, 52.204-13, 52.225-25, 52.232-18, 52.232-40, 252.203-7000, 252.203-7005, 252.203-7996, 252.203-7997, 252.204-7003, 252.204-7004 Alt A, 252.204-7008, 252.204-7011, 252.204-7012, 252.204-7015, 252.209-7001, 252.215-7007, 252.215-7008, 252.209-7998, 252.209-7999, 252.225-7001, 252.225-7008, 252.225-7012,252.232-7003, 252.232-7010, 252.243-7002, 252.244-7000, 252.247-7023, 252.203-7002, 252.211-7003, 252.232-7006, 5352.201-9101, 5352-223-9000
(xiv) There is no Defense Priorities and Allocations System (DPAS) rating applicable for this procurement.
(xv) All offerors must submit a quote by 4:30 pm Central Standard Time on Friday 16 September 2016. Quotes received after that time may not be considered.
(xvi) Any questions regarding this notice should be directed to Heidi Sather, 5 CONS/LGCS, 165 Missile Avenue, Minot, ND 58705, (701) 723-3057, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The response to this solicitation may be accomplished by mail, electronically, or facsimile. The fax number is (701) 723-4172.