This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice in conjunction with procedures in FAR Part 13. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; a separate written solicitation will not be issued.
The proposed contract action is for supplies or services for which the Government intends to solicit and negotiate with only one source under the authority of FAR 13.106-1(b)(1). Interested persons may identify their interest and capability to respond to the requirement or submit proposals. This notice of intent is not a request for competitive proposals. However, all proposals received prior to 05/6/2015 will be considered by the Government. A determination by the Government not to compete with this proposed contract based upon responses to this notice is solely within the discretion of the Government. Information received will normally be considered solely for the purpose of determining whether to conduct a competitive procurement.
The solicitation number, VA261-15-Q-0582 is issued as a Request for Quotation (RFQ). This document and incorporated provisions and clauses are those in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular 2005-80 effective March 2, 2015 and Veterans Affairs Acquisition Regulation Supplement (VAAR) current to January 7, 2010. Interested persons may identify their interest and capability to respond to the requirement or submit a price quote. The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Code for this acquisition is 518210, size standard $32.5 MIL. This solicitation is set-aside for Small Business. Only emailed requests received directly from the offerors are acceptable.
Women's Health, Maternity Care communications platform (Lifewire). Lifewire will be used to co-ordinate the care of our pregnant Veterans.
SOLICITATION PROVISIONS/CONTRACT CLAUSES:
FAR 52.212-1 Instructions to Offerors - Commercial Items (Jun 2008).
FAR 52.212-4 Contract Terms and Conditions -- Commercial Items (Jun 2010).
FAR 52.212-5 Contract Terms and Conditions Required to Implement Statutes or Executive Orders -- COMMERCIAL ITEMS (Mar 2015)
(a)1, 2,3,4 (b) 3, 4, 8,11,12,14,22,23,24, 25,26,27,28,29,30,31,35, 36,37,38,39,40,41,43,48,49,50,51,52
VAAR 852.232-72 ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION OF PAYMENT REQUESTS (NOV 2012)
(a) Definitions. As used in this clause-
(1) Contract financing payment has the meaning given in FAR 32.001.
(2) Designated agency office has the meaning given in 5 CFR 1315.2(m).
(3) Electronic form means an automated system transmitting information electronically according to the
Accepted electronic data transmission methods and formats identified in paragraph (c) of this clause. Facsimile, email, and scanned documents are not acceptable electronic forms for submission of payment requests.
(4) Invoice payment has the meaning given in FAR 32.001.
(5) Payment request means any request for contract financing payment or invoice payment submitted by the contractor under this contract.
(b) Electronic payment requests. Except as provided in paragraph (e) of this clause, the contractor shall submit payment requests in electronic form. Purchases paid with a Government-wide commercial purchase card are considered to be an electronic transaction for purposes of this rule, and therefore no additional electronic invoice submission is required.
(c) Data transmission. A contractor must ensure that the data transmission method and format are through one of the following:
(1) VA's Electronic Invoice Presentment and Payment System. (See Web site at http://www.fsc.va.gov/einvoice.asp.)
(2) Any system that conforms to the X12 electronic data interchange (EDI) formats established by the Accredited Standards Center (ASC) and chartered by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). The X12 EDI Web site (http://www.x12.org) includes additional information on EDI 810 and 811 formats.
(d) Invoice requirements. Invoices shall comply with FAR 32.905.
(e) Exceptions. If, based on one of the circumstances below, the contracting officer directs that payment requests be made by mail, the contractor shall submit payment requests by mail through the United States Postal Service to the designated agency office. Submission of payment requests by mail may be required for:
(1) Awards made to foreign vendors for work performed outside the United States;
(2) Classified contracts or purchases when electronic submission and processing of payment requests could compromise the safeguarding of classified or privacy information;
(3) Contracts awarded by contracting officers in the conduct of emergency operations, such as responses to national emergencies;
(4) Solicitations or contracts in which the designated agency office is a VA entity other than the VA Financial Services Center in Austin, Texas; or
(5) Solicitations or contracts in which the VA designated agency office does not have electronic invoicing capability as described above.
(End of Clause)
FAR 52.252-1 Solicitation Provisions Incorporated by Reference (Feb 1998).
For the purpose of this provision, the fill-in's are provided at:
FAR 52.252-2 Clauses Incorporated by Reference (Feb 1998).
For the purpose of this clause, the fill-in's are provided at:
VAAR 852.203-70 Commercial Advertising (Jan 2008)
Contracting Office Address:
Department of Veterans Affairs; VISN 21
3801 Miranda Avenue, 90CCA
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Primary Point of Contact:
Phone: 650-493-5000 X65825