This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice in conjunction with procedures in FAR Part 13. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; a separate written solicitation will not be issued.
The proposed contract action is for supplies or services for which the Government intends to solicit and negotiate with only one source under the authority of FAR 13.106-1(b)(1). Interested persons may identify their interest and capability to respond to the requirement or submit proposals. This notice of intent is not a request for competitive proposals. However, all proposals received prior to 07/06/2016 will be considered by the Government. A determination by the Government not to compete with this proposed contract based upon responses to this notice is solely within the discretion of the Government. Information received will normally be considered solely for the purpose of determining whether to conduct a competitive procurement.
The solicitation number, VA261-15-Q-0821 is issued as a Request for Quotation (RFQ). This document and incorporated provisions and clauses are those in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular 2005-82 effective June 8, 2015 and Veterans Affairs Acquisition Regulation Supplement (VAAR) current to September 13, 2012. The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Code for this acquisition is 519130, Size Standard: 500. This combined synopsis/solicitation is set-aside for Small Business. Only email requests received directly from offerors are acceptable.
Renewal of licenses for cyberFeds (web version) for 33 users. Users need to obtain information such as FLRA arbitration decisions, Federal Labor Relations Authority Law, and MSPB Library, Federal EEO Law & OWCP decisions. Services also include federal and administrative guidance, case summaries, case tracker and phone support for non-attorneys.
SOLICITATION PROVISIONS/CONTRACT CLAUSES:
FAR Number Title Date
52.212-1 INSTRUCTIONS TO OFFERORS-COMMERCIAL ITEMS JUL 2013
52.212-4 CONTRACT TERMS AND CONDITIONS-COMMERCIAL ITEMS SEP 2013
52.212-5 CONTRACT TERMS AND CONDITIONS REQUIRED TO IMPLEMENT STATUTES OR EXECUTIVE ORDERS-COMMERCIAL ITEMS
For the purposes of this clause items (b) 1,2,3, 4,5, 6, 7, 8, 12, 22, 23, 25,26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 38, 39, 40, 42, 46, 48,51 are considered checked and apply.
52.252-1 SOLICITATION PROVISIONS INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE (FEB 1998)
This solicitation incorporates one or more solicitation provisions by reference, with the same force and effect as if they were given in full text. Upon request, the Contracting Officer will make their full text available. The offeror is cautioned that the listed provisions may include blocks that must be completed by the offeror and submitted with its quotation or offer. In lieu of submitting the full text of those provisions, the offeror may identify the provision by paragraph identifier and provide the appropriate information with its quotation or offer. Also, the full text of a solicitation provision may be accessed electronically at this/these address(es):
(End of Provision)
52.252-2 CLAUSES INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE (FEB 1998)
This contract incorporates one or more clauses by reference, with the same force and effect as if they were given in full text. Upon request, the Contracting Officer will make their full text available. Also, the full text of a clause may be accessed electronically at this/these address(es):
(End of Clause)
VAAR 852.203-70 COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING (JAN 2008)
The bidder or offeror agrees that if a contract is awarded to him/her, as a result of this solicitation, he/she will not advertise the award of the contract in his/her commercial advertising in such a manner as to state or imply that the Department of Veterans Affairs endorses a product, project or commercial line of endeavor.
(End of Clause)
FAR Number Title Date
852.237-70 CONTRACTOR RESPONSIBILITIES APR 1984
852.232-72 ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION OF PAYMENT REQUESTS (NOV 2012)
(a) Definitions. As used in this clause-
(1) Contract financing payment has the meaning given in FAR 32.001.
(2) Designated agency office has the meaning given in 5 CFR 1315.2(m).
(3) Electronic form means an automated system transmitting information electronically according to the
Accepted electronic data transmission methods and formats identified in paragraph (c) of this clause. Facsimile, email, and scanned documents are not acceptable electronic forms for submission of payment requests.
(4) Invoice payment has the meaning given in FAR 32.001.
(5) Payment request means any request for contract financing payment or invoice payment submitted by the contractor under this contract.
(b) Electronic payment requests. Except as provided in paragraph (e) of this clause, the contractor shall submit payment requests in electronic form. Purchases paid with a Government-wide commercial purchase card are considered to be an electronic transaction for purposes of this rule, and therefore no additional electronic invoice submission is required.
(c) Data transmission. A contractor must ensure that the data transmission method and format are through one of the following:
(1) VA's Electronic Invoice Presentment and Payment System. (See Web site at http://www.fsc.va.gov/einvoice.asp.)
(2) Any system that conforms to the X12 electronic data interchange (EDI) formats established by the Accredited Standards Center (ASC) and chartered by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). The X12 EDI Web site (http://www.x12.org) includes additional information on EDI 810 and 811 formats.
(d) Invoice requirements. Invoices shall comply with FAR 32.905.
(e) Exceptions. If, based on one of the circumstances below, the contracting officer directs that payment requests be made by mail, the contractor shall submit payment requests by mail through the United States Postal Service to the designated agency office. Submission of payment requests by mail may be required for:
(1) Awards made to foreign vendors for work performed outside the United States;
(2) Classified contracts or purchases when electronic submission and processing of payment requests could compromise the safeguarding of classified or privacy information;
(3) Contracts awarded by contracting officers in the conduct of emergency operations, such as responses to national emergencies;
(4) Solicitations or contracts in which the designated agency office is a VA entity other than the VA Financial Services Center in Austin, Texas; or
(5) Solicitations or contracts in which the VA designated agency office does not have electronic invoicing capability as described above.
(End of Clause)
Contracting Office Address:
Department of Veterans Affairs; VISN 21
3801 Miranda Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Primary Point of Contact:
Phone: 650-493-5000 X65825