MILITARY SEALIFT COMMAND
N10 - CONTRACTS AND BUSINESS MANAGEMENT DIRECTORATE
PRESOLICITATION SYNOPSIS TEMPLATE
Military Sealift Command Synopsis
1. Action Code: Presolicitation
2. Date: 09 October 2015
3. Year: Fiscal Year 2016
4. Contracting Office Zip Code: 20398
5. Classification Code: 483111
6. Contracting Office Address: 914 Charles Morris Ct, SE, Washington, DC 20398
7. Subject: U.S. Army Ammo Containership Time Charter
8. Proposed Solicitation Number: N32205-16-R-3501
9. Closing Response Date: TBD
10. Contact Point or Contracting Officer: Cori Kirkbride, 757/443-2474, firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Contract Award and Solicitation Number: TBD
12. Contract Award Dollar Amount: TBD
13. Contract Line Item Number TBD
14. Contract Award Date: TBD
15. Contractor: TBD
This solicitation is for one self-sustaining, U.S. flagged vessel, capable of maintaining an average speed of sixteen (16) knots and minimum operating range of 13,000 nautical miles (nm). The vessel shall have a minimum capacity of 2,350 TEUs and provide climate control for a minimum of 1,350 TEU ammunition laden containers.
Duration of the contract period: One 5 month base period with four 1-year option periods and one 5-month option period.
All responsible sources may submit a bid, proposal, or quotation which shall be considered by the agency.
17. Place of Contract Performance: Worldwide
18. Set-aside Status: This procurement will be competed as a tiered small business set-aside. If the government receives offers from two or more responsible small business concerns that are competitive in terms of market prices, quality, and delivery; no offers received from other than small business concerns will be considered for award. If the Government does not receive offers from two or more responsible small business concerns that are competitive in terms of market price, quality, and delivery; all offers, including offers from other than small business concerns, will be considered for award.
19. Rationale for Small Business Strategy (as required by ASN(RDA) Memorandum, Improving Communications During the Market Research Process, dated 2 June 2014): The Contracting Officer could not make a conclusive determination, in an effort to promote small business participation, whether at least two or more offers would be received from small business concerns meeting the solicitation requirements at fair market prices. She determined that the use of a tiered or cascading evaluation of offers would be appropriate in accordance with DFARS 215.203-70 based on results of competition under RFP N62387-15-R-3000. MSC's Small Business Associate Director and SBA PCR concurs with the determination of a tiered small business set-aside.