Invitation for Bids
1. The Government of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam has received a loan from the Asian
Development Bank (ADB) towards the cost of Vietnam Water Sector Investment Program
Multitranche Financing Facility – Periodic Financing Request 3. Part of this loan will be used
for payments under the Contract named above. Bidding is open to bidders from eligible source
countries of the ADB.
2. The Cua Lo Water Supply Joint Stock Company (the Employer) invites sealed bids from
eligible bidders for the construction and completion of the above contract.
The works include the following major items:
(i) Construction of Nghi Hoa WTP with capacity of 10,000 m3/d at Nghi Hoa commune,
Nghi Loc district, and along with the existing system (3,000m3/d), for a total capacity
of 13,000m3/d by year 2020; intakefrom Phuong Tich River. The main facilities
consist of: water intakes, pre-sedimentation lake, raw water pumping station,
treatment cluster, treated water reservoir, treated water pumping stations, chemical
house, sludge settling lake and auxiliary works such as: administration house, store,
guardhouse, yard, fence, landscapes, etc.
(ii) Construction of the booster pumping station combined as the company office in Nghi
Hoa ward, Cua Lo town, including main components as: treated reservoir, booster
pumping station, company office building, store, guardhouse, yard, fence, etc.
(iii) Construction of Transmission mains and distribution network D110÷D450 in a total
length of 52.6 km; tertiary pipelines D32÷D90 in a total length of 241.8km and 7,352
connections. The network shall use the HDPE pipes.
The whole Works are required to be completed within 18 months.
3. International Competitive Bidding (ICB) will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s
Single- Stage: One-Envelope (1S1E) bidding procedure without Prequalification and is open to
all Bidders from eligible countries as described in the Bidding Document.
Date: 16 January 2017
L3251-VIE: Vietnam Water Sector Investment Program Multitranche
Financing Facility – Periodic Financing Request 3
Construction of Water Supply System of Cua Lo town (NA-CL-CW1/ICB)
06 March 2017; 09:00 A.M. (Hanoi Time)
4. Only eligible Bidders with the following key qualifications should participate in this
• Minimum average annual construction turnover of US$ 11,800,000 calculated as
total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed within the
last three years;
• Must demonstrate access to or availability of financial resources to meet its
current contract commitments and requirement for subject contract for
US$ 2,000,000.00 to meet the bidder’s financial resource requirement;
• Participation in at least one contract that has been successfully or substantially
completed within the last five (05) years and that is similar to the proposed works,
where the value of the Bidder’s participation exceeds US$9,400,000. The
similarity of the Bidder’s participation shall be based on the physical size, nature
of works, complexity, methods, technology or other characteristics as described
in Section 6, Employer’s Requirements.
The qualification criteria are more completely described in the Bidding Document.
5. To obtain further information and inspect the Bidding Documents, bidders should contact:
Cua Lo Water Supply Joint Stock Company
Address: Block No.1, Nghi Tan Ward, Cua Lo town, Nghe An province, Vietnam.
Tel: (+84). 383.945210
Fax: (+84). 383.943177
Time: office hours from 7 am to 11.30 am and from 1.30 pm to 5 pm from Monday to
Attn.: Mr. Nguyen Dau Luong, Director of Cua Lo Water Supply Joint Stock Company
6. To purchase the Bidding Documents in English, eligible Bidders should:
• write to address above requesting the Bidding Documents for Construction of
Water Supply System of Cua Lo town
• pay a non-refundable fee of VND 2,000,000 (Two million Vietnamese Dong) or
US$ 100 (one hundred US dollars) by Cash, cheque or by transfer of funds
to the Bank account as below:
VND Account No. 3602211000078; Name of bank: Vietnam Bank for Agriculture and
Rural Development (Agribank) – Cua Lo Branch
USD Account No. 102020000256017; Name of bank: Vietnam Joint Stock Commercial
Bank for Industry and Trade – Cua Lo Branch
The Bidding Documents may be received directly at the address below or sent by a courier
service upon the Bidder’s written request and payment of an additional amount of VND 400,000
or US$20 for domestic delivery within Vietnam or VND 4,000,000 or US$200 for overseas
delivery. The Cua Lo Water Supply Joint Stock Company will not be responsible for loss or late
delivery of the Bidding Documents.
7. Deliver your bid:
• to the address above;
• on or before the deadline: 9:00 am(Hanoi time) on 06 March 2017;
• together with a Bid Security as described in the Bidding Document. Late bids will
8. Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for bid submission in the presence of
Bidders’ representatives who choose to attend.