VN-Central North Region Health Support - P095275
Central North Region Health Support Project | Published December 12, 2014 - Deadline January 29, 2015
Procurement Of Medical Equipment For Operating Rooms
Invitation for Bids for the Rebidding package ICB05.
The previous bidding process for this package was cancelledon December 2013
Socialist Republic ofVietnam
Central Project ManagementUnit
CentralNorth Region Health Support Project
Procurement of Medical Equipment for Operating Rooms
1. ThisInvitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice for this Project that appeared in Development Business, issue No. 785 dated 31 October 2010.
2. The Socialist Republic of Vietnam hasreceived a credit from the International Development Association toward the cost of Central North Region Health Support Project,and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments under the Contract for Procurement of Medical Equipment for Operating Rooms (ICB No.05). The Bidding Document for this Rebidding contract has been updated with newcombination of lots and revised technical specifications for equipment.
3. The Central Project Management Unit now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the supply and deliveryof equipment as follows:
Description of Goods
Expected period fordelivery
LOT 1 (04 items)
Brain surgical instrument set
120 days at the latest following the date of effectiveness the Contract
Nghe An, Ha Tinh, Quang Binh, Quang Tri Provinces
Digestive surgical instrument set
Skeleton surgical instrument set
Surgical scrub station system
LOT 2 (04 items)
Universal operating table
Mobile operating light
Ceiling operating light
Ceiling operating light with satellite
LOT 3 (02 items)
HF Electro-diathermy unit
Anaesthesia apparatus with ventilator and air compressor
4. Bidding will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures specified in the World Bank's Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDACredits, dated May 2004,RevisedOctober 2006, May 2010 and is open to all biddersfrom Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from Central Project Management Unit ? Central North RegionHealth Support Project, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, and inspect the Bidding Documents at the Central Project Management Unit ? CentralNorth Region Health Support Project (Ministry of Health) at the address of: Room 504, TOSERCO Building, 02 Nui Truc Street, BaDinh, Ha Noi, Vietnam, from 08:30 am to 11:30 am and 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm (Working days)
6. Qualificationsrequirements include (In brief):
(a) Financial Capability: The Bidder shallfurnish documentary evidence that it meets the following financial requirement(s):
- Audited Financial Statements for 2011, 2012 and 2013. Acopy of financial statements audited by an Independent auditing firm or certified by relevant Tax Authority.
- Minimum average annual turnoverfor 2011, 2012 and 2013 mustbe US$ 1.2 Million for LOT 1, US$ 1.2 Million for LOT 2 and US$ 2.0 Million for LOT3.
- The minimum amount of cash flow orliquid assets or credit line, net of advance payments and other commitments for other ongoing contracts of the Bidder must be US$0.6 Million for LOT 1, US$ 0.6 Million for LOT 2 and US$ 1.0 Million for LOT 3.
- Bidders bid for multiple LOTsshall meet the combinedfinancial requirements for those Lots they choose to quote.
(b) Experience and TechnicalCapacity: The Bidder shall furnish documentary evidence to demonstrate that it meets the following experiencerequirement(s) for each LOT:
- The bidder shall have successfully completed within thepast three (3) years (2011, 2012 and 2013 )at least two (2) contracts, involving the supply of at least 70% of the quantities andsimilar type of equipments required under this contract; and
- Offered equipments (or similar, i.e. similar content, design and function) shall be in production forat least three (3) years. Document evidence such as factory production record or equivalent issued by the manufacturer shall besubmitted with the bid;
- Offered equipments (or similar, i.e. similar content, design and function) shall be for at least two (2) years in service in the Purchaser's country orother countries with similar climatic conditions, satisfactorily to the customers. Document evidence such as testimony fromexisting customers or equivalent should be submitted with the bid;
- Bidders have to commit to provide maintenance and repair service to theequipments offered for 5 years afterinstallation. A successful Bidder shall establish a plan for the maintenance and service of the equipments offered, should it be awarded a contract for therequired equipment. The relevant letter of commitment and the maintenance and service plan shall be submitted with the bid to have adequateMaintenance and Service Centers forthe equipments in the Central North Region of Vietnam, in case they do not have such ServiceCenters already established in Vietnam.
(c) Requirements for Bidder's financial capability and experience in case of Joint Venture for eachLot:
- For the financial capability: the Leader of the JV should meet at least 50% of the financialrequirements, while each member of the JV should meet at least 30%.
- For the past experience: the Leader of the JV should be the main supplier for at least onecontract for similar equipment fo at least 70% quantity and participated in the supply for another contract for similar equipmentwithin the past three year (2011-2013), while each member of the JV should be the main supplier for at last on contract involvingthe supplyof similar equipment of at least 50% of required quantity during the past three year(2011-2013).
The details of the above are available in thePostqualification Requirements - Section III, Evaluation and Qualification Criteria of the Bidding Document.
7. A margin of preference for certain goodsmanufactured domestically shall be applied. Additional details are provided in the Bidding Document.
8. A complete set of Bidding Documents in English may be purchased byinterested bidders on the submission of a written Application to the address below and upon payment of a non refundable fee of VND 2,100,000.00 or US$ 100.00. The method of paymentwill be Cash, Check or direct deposit in to bank account as follows:
Account name:Central Project Management Unit of Central North Region Health Support Project (Ban quan ly du an ho tro y te cac tinh Bac Trung Bo? in Vietnamese)
Accountnumber: 102020000132050 (for USD) or 177010000013002 (for VND) in VietnamJoint Stock Commercial Bank for Industry and Trade (Chuong Duong Branch) SWIFT code ICBVVNVX128. The Bidding Documents may be sent by a courier service on thebidder's specific request and upon payment of an additional nonrefundable fee of VND 200,000.00 for domestic delivery withinVietnam or VND 1,050,000.00 or USD 50.00 for oversea delivery. The Central Project Management Unit will not be responsible for lostor late delivery of the Bidding Documents.
9. Bids must be delivered to the addressbelow at or before 09:00 am local time on 29th January 2015. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will berejected. Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders' representatives who bought Bidding Document and choose to attend inperson at the address below immediately after the deadline for submission of bids on 29th January 2015. All bids must beaccompanied by a Bid Security with an amount of US$ 12,000.00 for LOT 1, US$ 12,000.00 for Lot 2 and US$ 20,000.00 for LOT 3.
10. The address referred to aboveare:
Dr. Ha Van Thuy, Project Director
Address: Room 504, TOSERCO Building, 02 Nui Truc Street, BaDinh, Ha Noi City
Telephone: +84 4 37263502/37263503
Facsimile number: +84 437262928