ZM-Health Services Improvement Project - P145335
MINISTRY OF HEALTH | Published July 27, 2016 - Deadline August 5, 2016
Request For Expressions Of Interest To Conduct National
Rational Drug Use Study
GOVERNMENT OF THEREPUBLIC OF ZAMBIA
MOH/ C/004: REQUEST FOREXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST TO CONDUCT NATIONAL RATIONAL DRUG USESTUDY
NAME OF PROJECT: ZAMBIA HEALTH SERVICES IMPROVEMENT PROJECT (ZHSIP) (P145335)
CREDIT No. 5394-ZM
ASSIGNMENT TITLE: EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR CONSULTING SERVICES TO CONDUCT NATIONAL RATIONAL DRUG USE STUDY
Reference No. MOH/C/04/16
1. The Ministry of Health has received financing from the World Banktowards the cost of the Zambia Health Services Improvement Project (ZHSIP) and it intends to apply part of the proceeds towards theconsulting services for the engagement of a firm to conduct a National Rational Drug Use Study
2. The Consulting Services include among others: i) scribing the current patterns ofuse of medicines (prescription and dispensingpatterns) in Public health and Private sector; ii)assessing and identifying whether health centers follow the current treatment guidelines including the Standard TreatmentGuidelines (STGs); iii) Assing the availability of key indicator medicines, prescribing and dispensing practices of Health Workers;iv) quantifying and generating evidence on theoveral magnitude of wastage and misuse of medicines and v) making available recommendations for correcting specific drug useproblems indentified in the study.
3. The Ministry of Healthnow invites eligible consulting firms to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants should provideinformation demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services. TheShortlisting criteria are that the firm/Organisation:
i) must have at least seven (7) years experience in Pharmaceutical management and or Public Health especially in a developingcountry setting.
ii) must have proven experience in carrying out at least one (01) similar studyin adeveloping country in the last five (05)years
iii) must demonstrate experience in project management, strategy development and understanding of health systems in developingcounties;
iv) be anestablished legal entity, registered in their respective countries
v) Letters of Association with other consultants, if submitting as a joint venture or asub-consultancy.
4. The attention of interested consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank'sguidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants (under IBRD Loans and Credits and Grants) by World Bank Borrowers January,2011(Consultant Guidelines), setting forth the World Bank's Policy on Conflict of Interest.
5.Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance theirqualifications.
6. A consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality Based Selection(QBS) method set outin the Consultant Guidelines.
7. The Expression ofInterest must be delivered in a written form (Inperson in the TenderBox, or by mail, or Fax or by email) to the Permanent Secretary, Attention Head Procurement and Supplies Unit,Ministry of Health, Ndeke House, P.O Box 30205, Lusaka, Zambia. The telephone numbers are +260 211253040-5 and the telefax numberis 260 211 253344 email: firstname.lastname@example.org; cc email@example.com
8. Expressions of Interest clearly marked "Expression ofInterest for consulting services to 'conduct National Rational Drug use study" be deposited in the Tender Box situated at theMinistry of Health, Ground Floor not later than Friday 5th August, 2016 by close of Business.
9. Further details are contained in the Terms of Reference which couldbe accessed on the Ministry of Health website (http://www.moh.gov.zm/docs/tors.pdf)
All expressions of Interest must be in the Englishlanguage.
Mrs. M. Zyambo
HeadProcurement & Supplies Unit