Industrial Land Development in Morocco
Millennium Challenge Corporation, MCC | Published March 30, 2017 - Deadline April 20, 2017
Industrial Land Development in MoroccoSolicitation: MCC-17-RFQ-0059
1) This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information including in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; quotes are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued. The Solicitation number is MCC-17-RFQ-0059 and is issued as a Request for Quotations (RFQ). This solicitation document incorporates all mandatory commercial item provisions and clauses that are in effect through the most recent Federal Acquisition Regulation amendments which can be found at http://www.acquisition.gov/far/index.html
2) The North American Industrial Classification Systems (NAICS) code is 541611 and the small business size standard is $15 million.
3) FAR Clauses 52.212-1 through 52.212-5 apply to this procurement. The exact text and wording of clauses and provisions may be obtained from the Internet at http://acquisition.gov/far/index.html. The Government contemplates the award of a Time and Materials Order resulting from this solicitation. NOTE: An Addendum to FAR clause 52.212-4 Contract Terms and Conditions-Commercial Items, (Alt I) is attached.
4) The Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) is a U.S. Government corporation whose mission is to provide assistance that will support economic growth and poverty reduction in carefully selected countries that demonstrate a commitment to just and democratic governance economic freedom, and investments in their citizenry. For more information on the MCC, please visit www.mcc.gov.
5) THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR AN INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT AND IS NOT FOR INDIVIDUALS SEEKING EMPLOYMENT DIRECT WITH MCC. PLEASE VISIT: http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/Independent-Contractor-Defined FOR INFORMATION REGARDING INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS. Note: MCC will assist the consultant in coordinating with an Independent Contractor Engagement Services Provider for payroll, travel, international travel insurance, etc., therefore, a DUNS number and registration in System for Award Management (SAMS) is not required.
6) Description of Services: The purpose of this consultancy is to assess documents and recommendations submitted by the MCA-M and its transaction advisor for the PPPs of industrial zones. In addition, MCC may ask the consultant to assist with the initial set-up and operations of the facility for sustainable industrial zones and assess plans for PPP capacity building programs within the GoM.
7) This combined synopsis and solicitation notice is a request for competitive quotations. Therefore, all quotations received prior to the RFQ close date will be considered.
8) The Government will award an order to the responsible independent consultant(s) whose quote conforming to this notice represents the best value in terms of technical criteria, past performance and price. All non-price factors (technical criteria and past performance) are more important than price. If found advantageous, the Government reserves the right to make more than one award as a result of this solicitation.
9) The consultant shall perform the services in MCC-eligible countries, in MCC offices in Washington DC, and at his own facilities.
10) Evaluation Factors. Only quotes which meet the mandatory technical evaluation criteria will be considered. Candidates with preferred qualifications will be given additional consideration.
Technical Evaluation Criteria:
The qualifications needed for this consultancy is to have the following:
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree in business, engineering, finance, real estate, law or other related field• Demonstrated experience managing and/or advising on a large $10M+ project, ideally in a developing country• Demonstrated experience in commercial real estate transactions, ideally, but not necessarily, with specific experience in the development, operation, management and maintenance of industrial zones• Demonstrated experience advising on or implementing projects in a high pressure, politically charged environment• Professional proficiency in French and English
• Demonstrated experience working in developing countries, with experience in Morocco or the Middle East North Africa• Demonstrated experience with institutional and policy aspects of industrial zone development• Demonstrated experience in project finance or public-private partnerships as a project developer, investor or advisor with success in developing, negotiating and closing bankable transactions • Advanced degree in business, engineering, finance, real estate, law or other related field
MCC reserves the right to interview the candidates.
Past Performance: Three (3) professional references for relevant work performed during the past three years.
Price: The government will examine the proposed rate for reasonableness.
11) Evaluation Methodology. The Government will perform a comparative analysis of quotes and will assess the advantages and disadvantages of each quote as related to the Evaluation Factors. Multiple awards may be made from this notice and all quotes will be retained and may be utilized for additional requirements for a period of 12 months.
12) Quote Deadline. Independent Consultants are invited to submit their quotations in response to this notice by 11:00 am Eastern Standard Time (EST), April 20, 2017. Only e-mailed requests for additional information will be accepted at MCCConsultants@mcc.gov and firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:00 am EST on April 17, 2017. Quotations submitted in response to this notice shall include the solicitation number MCC-17-RFQ-0059 AND description of ‘Industrial Land Development Morocco' in the subject line and be signed, dated and submitted via email to MCCConsultants@mcc.gov and email@example.com. The maximum file size is 10mb.
13) Exclusion of Quotes and Communications. At any time prior to award, including upon receipt of quotes, the Government may exclude a quote from further consideration for reasons such as (but not limited to): non-compliance with instructions related to this solicitation; the quote is not among the most highly rated; or the quote is not likely to be selected for award. The Government need not notify an offeror that its quote has been excluded from further consideration nor need it provide the offeror with a pre-award debriefing. However, the offeror will be provided post-award notification and if requested, a brief explanation of the basis of the award decision.
After receipt of quotes, the Government will conduct an evaluation. The Government intends to evaluate quotes and issue a contract/ order without communications with offerors. However, during the evaluation process, the Government may, solely at its discretion, communicate with an offeror for any purpose, such as to gain a better understanding of the quote. As a result of such communication, the Government may allow offerors to submit quote revisions. If quote revisions are allowed, the Government may, solely at its discretion, impose non-common due dates for the revisions. In other words, the Government may elect to have a quote revision date for an offeror that is different than the quote revision date for another offeror(s). The Government need not conduct communications with all offerors. Rather, the Government may, at its discretion, conduct communications with one or only some offerors. Furthermore, the Government need not permit all offerors to submit quote revisions. Rather, the Government may, at its discretion, seek quote revisions from only one or only some offerors.
14) Quote Submission. The Individual Consultant shall submit the following document:
a. Technical: (1) Cover letter that addresses all technical criteria as listed in this solicitation; (2) Curriculum Vitae (25 page maximum), Microsoft Word file
b. Past Performance: Three professional references, with contact phone and email information, Microsoft Word file
c. Price: Complete the attached Bio-Data form (see attached) to include the independent consultant's proposed rate and salary history.
PLEASE DO NOT COMBINE YOUR SUBMISSION INTO ONE (1) DOCUMENT. DOCUMENTS (a), (b), &(c) MUST BE SUBMITTED AS SEPARATE DOCUMENTS.
15) FAR 52.212.3, Offeror Representations and Certifications - Commercial Items shall be required from the selected consultant, prior to the time of award.
16) The following Clauses will apply to the resulting order: a. 52.249-70, Termination Clause b. 52.232-72, Limitation of Funds - Incrementally Funded Contracts
17) There are no additional contract requirements(s) necessary for this acquisition other than those consistent with customary commercial practices.
18) See attached documents, (1) Addendum to FAR Clause 52.212-4, (Alt I); (2) MCC Bio-Data Sheet and (3) Statement of Work.