Magnetic Filtration and Reclaim System
Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service | Published July 31, 2015 - Deadline August 17, 2015
All quotes and revisions shall be submitted to Karen Gardner via email at Karen.Gardner@ars.usda.gov. Quotes and all revisions are due no later than August 17, 2015, 3:00 PM Eastern Standard Time. Offerors shall ensure the RFQ number is visible in the subject line of the email. Faxed quotes shall not be accepted.
This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; quotes are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued. The solicitation document and incorporated provisions and clauses are those in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular 2005-83. This solicitation will be a 100% Total Small Business Set-Aside. The associated NAICS code is 423840 (Industrial Supplies Merchant Wholesalers) Size Standard 500 employees.
The government anticipates a Firm Fixed price contract for a Brand Name or Equal to Flow Ezy Automag AM6S1 system. This item is pending availability of funding.
Salient Characteristics for a self-contained, fully automated, magnetic filtration and reclaim system.
1) Shall be capable of operating continuously (24/7) in a fully automated fashion.
2) Shall have flowrates up to 450 liters per minute.
3) Shall be equipped with electrical system capable of powering the instrument from 460 VAC (6A) input.
4) Shall be able to use air supplied from an air generator ≤ 10 Bar.
5) Shall have a foot print ≤ 1000x1500x1500 mm and weigh no more than 650 kgs.
6) The system shall not use any consumables such as filters.
7) The polar arrangement of the magnetic coolant roller shall be done in a manner such that poles face outward.
8) The wetted parts of the system shall be made of 304 or 316 stainless steel or equivalent.
9) The system, containing a purge tank, magnetic reclaim, purge valve, and magnetic filter should be mounted on a single skid capable of being transported as one piece.
10) The system shall be capable of removing a minimum of 6 kgs of contaminants before it must be flushed.
11)The system shall be equipped with standard flange fittings to accept common piping.
12) Shall be a magnetic filter and reclaim system that already exists in the current market for the filtration, removal and reclamation of magnetic particles in high solids liquid matrices.
13) Shall have On-site delivery with required first time setup, training, and test runs for the instrument, accompanying hardware and all associated software.
14) Shall have a one year warranty on parts and labor for all instrument systems.
The Contractor shall provide all items F.O.B. destination. Location of the Government site is aboard USDA, ARS, Pasture Systems & Watershed Management Research Unit, Bldg 3702, Curtin Road, University Park, PA 16802 and will be identified in the contract. The Government anticipates award of a Firm Fixed Price contract for one (1) system "Pending Availability of Funding."
Quoters responding to this announcement shall submit their quote in accordance with
FAR 52.212-1. Submission of quote shall include the following: (1) Technical Specifications and (2) Price (to include shipping). Include Warrenty information with your quote. Quotes should be valid for 90 days from date of submission.
The bais for award is Lowest Price Technically Acceptable (LPTA). "LPTA" means the expected outcome of the acquisition that, results from selection of the technically acceptable proposal with the lowest evaluated price. Pursuant to FAR 52.212-2, the criteria for evaluation are: (1) Technical Specifications, (2) Price (to include shipping) and must also have satisfactory Past Performance.
INSPECTON AND ACCEPTANCE TERMS: Supplies will be inspected by Contracting Officer Representative (COR) and accepted at destination.
The following Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and the Department of Agriculture Acquisition Regulation (AGAR) provisions and clauses apply to this acquisition: FAR 52.204-7 Central Contractor Registration: AGAR 452.204-70 Inquiries; FAR 52.212-1 Instructions to Offers-Commercial Items; FAR 52.212-2 Evaluation-Commercial Items (filled in as follows: Technical specifications/support, and price); FAR 52.212-4 Contract Terms and Conditions-Commercial Items; FAR 52.212-5 Contract Terms and
Conditions Required to Implement Statutes of Executive Orders-Commercial Items; FAR 52.219-6 Notice of Total Small Business Set-Aside; AGAR 452.219-70 Size Standard and NAICS Code Information; FAR 52.222-3 Convict Labor; FAR 52.222-19 Child Labor - Cooperation with Authorities and Remedies; FAR 52.222-21 Prohibition of Segregated Facilities; FAR 52.222-26, Equal Opportunity Employment; FAR 52.222-50 Combating Trafficking in Persons; FAR 52.223-18 Encouraging Contractor Policy to Ban Text Messaging While Driving; FAR 52.225-13 Restrictions on Certain Foreign Purchases; FAR 52.225-25 Prohibitions on Contracting with Entities Engaging in Certain Activities or Transactions Relating to Iran-Reps and Certs; FAR 52.217-5 Evaluation of Options; FAR 52.232-18 Availability of Funds; FAR.52.232-19 Availability of Funds for the Next Fiscal Year; FAR 52.232-33 Payment by Electronic Funds Transfer-Central Contractor Registration; FAR 52.233-3 Protest After Award; FAR 52.233-4 Applicable Law for Breach of Contract; FAR 52.252-1 Solicitations Provisions Incorporated by Reference; FAR 52.252-2 Clauses Incorporated by Reference.
To be eligible for an award, all contractors must be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM). A contractor can contact SAM by calling 1-866-606-8220 or e-mail at www.sam.gov. NO EXCEPTIONS. A DUNS (Dunn and Bradstreet) number is required in order to register. All invoices shall be submitted electronically using the Invoice Processing Platform system at www.ipp.gov .