Department of Veterans Affairs, Long Beach VANLO | Published June 16, 2015 - Deadline June 25, 2015
This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in FAR Subpart 12.6, as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. VA262-15-Q-0250 is the solicitation number, and this solicitation is a Request for Quote (RFQ). This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; quotes are being requested, and a written solicitation will not be issued. This is a 100 percent, Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) Set-Aside. The North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) code for this requirement is 335999 with a small business size standard of 500 employees. This RFQ is a Brand Name or Equal solicitation. Specific requirements and salient characteristics are listed on the attached Cost/Price Schedule of Supplies and Services and Statement of Work (SOW). All quotes must conform to the solicitation. The awardee shall adhere to all federal and state laws and regulations in effect during the term of this contract. The Federal Government intends to award a firm-fixed-price contract which will be in effect upon the date of award.
The VA Southern Nevada Healthcare System (VASNHS) located at 6900 North Pecos Road, North Las Vegas, Nevada 89086 has a requirement for Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) batteries, installation of UPS batteries, and removal and disposal of old UPS batteries. Quoters should thoroughly review the Cost/Price Schedule of Supplies and Services and Statement of Work (SOW), and be familiar with the requirements of the solicitation prior to submitting quotes in order to be fully aware of the scope of supplies and services required. Failure to do so will not relieve the successful quoter from performing in accordance with the strict intent and meaning of the specifications without additional cost to the Government. The Government shall not reimburse any cost not incorporated into the quoter's price. Quotes must include, at minimum, a one (1) year warranty on all items quoted. Quotes or offers submitted on a basis other than f.o.b. destination will be rejected as nonresponsive. Quotes provided should be valid through September 31, 2015.
A response to this RFQ can be accomplished by completing the blanks of the attached Price/Cost Schedule of Supplies and Services, and by including the attached FAR 52.212-3 Offeror Representations and Certifications-Commercial Items with quotes. Local stock numbers should be provided with correlating line items. Quotes are due by 11:30 Eastern Standard Time (EST) on June 25, 2015. Please email quotes to Susanne.Christen@va.gov, and ensure that the subject line of all emails include "VA262-15-Q-0250." Technical inquiries may be emailed to Susanne.Christen@va.gov, and will be accepted through 1 p.m. EST on June 18, 2015. Telephone requests for information or questions will NOT be accepted. No hard copies of this RFQ will be provided.
CLAUSES, PROVISIONS, AND ADDITIONAL INSTRUCTIONS
1. This solicitation document and incorporated provisions and clauses are those in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular 2005-60.
2. The following provisions and clauses apply to this acquisition: Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) 52.202-1, 52.212-3, 52.219-27, 52.232-39, 52.232-40, 52.233-1, 52.247-34, and 52.246-2; along with, Veteran Affairs Acquisition Regulations (VAAR) 852.203-70, 852.211-73, 852.219-10, 852.232-72, 852.233-70, 852.233-71, 852.236-80, 852.246-70, 852.237-70, 852.246-70, 852.246-71, 852.246-73, 852.270-1, and 852.273-74.
3. FAR 52.211-6 Brand Name or Equal applies to this acquisition.
4. FAR 52.212-1 Instructions to Offerors--Commercial and FAR 52.212-4 Contract Terms and Conditions-Commercial Items apply to this acquisition and no addenda are attached.
5. FAR 52.212-2--Evaluation Commercial Items is not applicable to this acquisition. The evaluation process to be used is in accordance with FAR 13.106 Soliciting competition, evaluation of quotations or offers, award and documentation.
6. FAR 52.212-3-Offeror Representations and Certifications-Commercial Items, a completed copy of this provision should be included with quotes.
7. FAR 52.212-5 Contract Terms and Conditions Required To Implement Statutes Or Executive Orders-Commercial Items applies to this acquisition, and the following additional FAR clauses cited in the clause are applicable to this acquisition: FAR 52.202-1, 52.203-13, 52.204-10, 52.209-6, 52.209-10, 52.219-28, 52.222-3, 52.222-19, 52.222-21, 52.222-26, 52.222-35, 52.222-36, 52.222-50, 52.223-18, 52.225-13, 52.232-34, 52.232-39, 52.233-3, 52.233-4, 52.236-12, 52.236-13, 52.237-2, 52.243-1 Alternate II, 52.246-2, and 52.246-20.
8. Procurement for these commercial supplies and/or services is being conducted according to FAR parts 12, 13, and 19; Commercial Items, Simplified Acquisition Procedures, Small Business Programs, and the VAAR, as supplemented with additional information in this notice.
9. BASIS FOR AWARD: Subject to the provisions contained herein, award shall be made to the Quoter deemed responsible in accordance with the FAR and VAAR and who conforms to the solicitation requirements; and whose quote, judged by an overall assessment of the Quoter's qualifications specified in this solicitation, meets the technically acceptable standard(s) for the non-price factors and provides the lowest evaluated price. Non-price factors are significantly more important than price.
10. The Government reserves the right to award the contract without discussions. Quotes shall only be accepted from Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Businesses.
11. See attached document: SOW, Price/Cost Schedule of Supplies and Services, and additional terms and conditions/provisions and clauses that apply to this acquisition.