Industry Day-CAS-4TH Generation Fighter Services
Department of the Navy, Naval Air Systems Command | Published February 11, 2016 - Deadline February 22, 2016
INDUSTRY DAY FOR PROPOSED SOLICITATION N00421-15-R-0099, CAS-4TH GENERATION FIGHTER JET SERVICES
NAVAIR intends to conduct an Industry Day for solicitation number N00421-15-R-0099, CAS-4th Generation Fighter Jet Services. The purpose of the Industry Day is to provide industry with the opportunity to learn about NAVAIR and the proposed 4th Gen Fighter Jet Services requirement and for NAVAIR to have a two-way dialogue with industry regarding concerns, suggestions and comments.
Industry Day is a mechanism where potential offerors can gain more insight into NAVAIR's proposed acquisition, ask questions about the acquisition, and meet one-on-one with the Acquisition Team, immediately following the Industry Day, based on pre-arranged appointments. Potential offerors need not participate in the Industry Day as a prerequisite for responding to the final RFP. The draft RFP or any subsequent event does not constitute a commitment on the part of the Government to purchase or acquire services. The Government will not pay for data or time expended to respond to this notice and is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government to issue an RFP or award a contract as a result of this notice. All information provided in response to this notification will be used for informational and planning purposes only. All information submitted in response to this announcement is voluntary. The United States Government will not pay for information requested nor will it compensate any respondent for any cost incurred for any activities related to this announcement.
INDUSTRY DAY WILL BE HELD:
DATE: 2 March 2016
TIME: 0800-1600 EST
LOCATION: Fleet Area Control and Surveillance Facility, Virginia Capes, 601 Oceana Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23323, map attached
SECURITY AND FACILITY ACCESS INFORMATION:
If you are planning to attend the Industry Day, please have your security clearance information forwarded to FACSFAC VACAPES Security Manager. This can be done via JPAS to SMO number N422396 or via FAX to (757) 433-1226. If sending a FAX visit request, include your name, the last four numbers of your social security number, your clearance data, the required access level, the purpose of the visit, and your Company point of contact. Please contact the FACSFAC VACAPES Security Manager at (757) 433-1247 for notification of your pending fax transmittal and to confirm receipt of your clearance information.
Agencies that utilize the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS)/Joint Clearance and Access Verification System (JCAVS) may submit their request to visit to the FACSFAC VACAPES, NAS Oceana Security Management Office (SMO) #N422396.
Agencies that do not utilize JPAS/JCAVS can submit a written request addressed to the commanding officer. Requests are to be typed on letterhead and must be signed by an authorized official who is validating the visit. The following information is mandatory for FACSFAC VACAPES to process the request:
Name and address of the agency or company requesting the visit.
Name and address of the command to be visited. FACSFAC VACAPES
Name (in full) and title of the person to be visited. Brent Johnson-PMA-226/Connie Brown-FACSFAC/VACAPES
Name (in full) of the employee, including title or position, for which the approval is requested.
Date and place of birth, citizenship and social security number of the visitor; if the visitor is a permanent resident, the registration number must be included.
Date(s) of requested visit.
Purpose and justification for the visit. NAVAIR INDUSTRY DAY-Unclassified Brief
All personnel attending the Industry Day must submit the information above no later than COB 22 February 2016 to allow time to be screened by Security Forces before the event start date. Anyone who has not complied with the above will not be allowed admittance to the facility.
Please note the following regarding the Industry Day:
1. Arrive 15 minutes early for registration
2. Bring identification
3. Cell phones, tape recorders and videos are prohibited.
4. NAVAIR intends to discuss the following areas:
a. General capabilities of aircraft services being sought.
b. Potential locations where services will be required.
c. Contract Structure recommendations.
d. Future growth capability.
e. Expected cost per flight hour (may be limited to one-on-one discussions if preferred).
f. Possibility of using Air to Air refueling
g. Possibility of using a Contractor Owned, Government Operated type contract.
h. Other areas/information that industry may wish to discuss.
5. RSVPs are required in order to attend. Please send RSVPs to: Mr. Raymond Detmers, firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than COB 23 Feb 2016. Please include the name, e-mail address, title, and phone number of all individuals that will be attending please note due to space available, contractors will be limited to 3 attendees per vendor.
6. To schedule a one-on-one meeting, please contact Mr. Raymond Detmers, email@example.com, in writing, no later than 24 February 2016. You will be assigned a time slot (actual time available will be determined by number of offerors requesting meetings), immediately following the briefing, to meet with the team. This will be your opportunity to make your inquiries or provide feedback directly to the team. Questions are requested to be received in advance if possible. Written questions sent by email to the Government's point of contact may be considered at any time prior to, and during, the Industry Day. NO REQUESTS FOR ONE-ON-ONE MEETINGS WILL BE ENTERTAINED OR ARRANGED AT THE INDUSTRY DAY EVENT.