OPEN/INSPECT/REPAIR FOR GEARBOX (N3)
Department of Homeland Security, United States Coast Guard (USCG) | Published April 19, 2017 - Deadline May 3, 2017
The USCG Surface Forces Logistics Center Long Range Enforcers (LRE) Product Line has a requirement to Open, Inspect, Report, and Repair the following IAW the attached Scope of Work:
(1) NSN: 2835-01-089-9299; GEARBOX (N3) P/N: 624400QUANTITY: 01 UNIT OF ISSUE: EAMFG: UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORP (DBA: WOOD GROUP PRATT & WHITNEY INDUSTRIAL TURBINE SERVICES, LLC)
Items as received by the contractor must be complete and of the proper cited part number. Discrepancies shall be reported to the Coast Guard Contract Administrator. Each Item shall be inspected IAW the attached Scope of Work to determine the extent of required overhaul.
This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for a commercial service prepared in accordance with the format outlined in FAR Subpart 12.6, FAC 2005-95 (January 2016), and as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation. Quotations are being requested and a written solicitation will not be issued. The NAICS code for this solicitation is 811310. This synopsis/solicitation is issued pursuant to FAR 13.106-1(b), and the resultant purchase order will be awarded using simplified acquisition procedures in accordance with FAR 13. It is anticipated that a non-competitive sole source purchase order shall be awarded as a result of this synopsis/solicitation. It is the Government's belief that only UNITED TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION and/or their authorized repair facilities, can obtain the required technical and engineering data, and genuine OEM parts, required to successfully repair these items. Concerns having the expertise and required capabilities to repair these items are invited to submit complete information discussing the same.
Quotes may be submitted to Kirk.Miller@uscg.mil, no later than 03 MAY 2017; 1200pm EST; and must include the following information:
(1) Labor Rate Company will Charge U.S. Government to Repair Items: $ _________ (This rate shall include direct and indirect labor costs associated with the labor rate, overhead, and profit).
(2) Inspection Charge per Item: $ __________ x 01ea tiny_mce_marker_________ (This price shall also be the price the Government will be obligated to pay if any GEARBOX (N3) ARE determined to be beyond economical repair).
(3) Estimated Labor Charge to Repair Each Item: ____ HRS x $ ________ (Labor Rate) = $ ______ (This cost shall only be used by the U.S. Government to estimate final repair costs. The actual charge will be negotiated based on the inspection report.)
(4) Preservation, packaging, and marking: $ ___________(This charge shall be the charge the Government shall be obligated to pay for preservation, packaging, and marking as outlined in the attached Statement of Work / Repair Description.)
(5) Mandatory Replacement Parts:(Company shall price all mandatory replacement parts required for the standard overhaul as listed in attached Statement or Work / Repair Description.)
(6) Contingency Replacement Parts: (Company shall price all contingency replacement parts that may be required outside of the standard as for each unit as listed in the attached Statement of Work / Repair Description.)
(7) Replacement cost for new Item (if available): $ ___________ (This price will be used by the government to determine if the unit is beyond economical repair)
(8) FOB Origin or FOB Destination: $ ___________ (Company shall indicate shipping terms should a Purchase Order result from the quote.)
Deliver to:USCG Surface Forces Logistics CenterReceiving Room - Building 88A2401 Hawkins Point RoadBaltimore MD, 21226-5000
(9) Place of Performance*: ________________________________________________________
*NOTE: A Department of Labor Wage Rate Determination shall be incorporated in the resultant Purchase Order.
II. DELIVERY SCHEDULE
Our requested delivery schedule is as follows:
Initial Receiving Report noting discrepancies such as missing, damaged, or incorrect items received by the Repair Facility from the Coast Guard: __5___ calendar days from receipt of items by the company
Inspection Report(s) - __14___ calendar days from the date Government-Furnished Material is received at the Contractor's facility.
Coast Guard Review - 14 calendar days after receipt of Inspection Reports
Repair (when authorized) - _______ calendar days after receipt of Contracting Officer's authorization to proceed
If the required delivery schedule cannot be met, please indicate a proposed schedule below:
Initial Receiving Report noting discrepancies such as missing, damaged, or incorrect items received by the Repair Facility from the Coast Guard: _____ calendar days from receipt of items by the company
Inspection Report(s) - ____ calendar days from the date Government-Furnished Material is received at the Contractor's facility.
Coast Guard Review - 14 calendar days after receipt of Inspection ReportsRepair (when authorized) - _____ calendar days after receipt of Contracting Officer's authorization to proceed
III. TEST AND INSPECTION REPORTS shall be submitted IAW attached Scope of Work / Repair Description and include your price to repair each item.
Award shall be made without discussion unless the Contracting Officer determines discussions are necessary. Quotations received in response to this synopsis/solicitation shall be evaluated on a best value basis utilizing the following technical, price and price-related factors:
1. Technical Capability.
Technical capability shall be evaluated on the company's ability to meet all requirements of this solicitation, based upon attached Scope of Work and access to required drawings and specifications needed to repair the items.
2. Past Performance. Past performance shall be evaluated based on previous contracts completed during the past three years or currently in process for the same type of services that are being solicited under this requirement. Contracts may include those entered into by the Federal Government, agencies of the state and local governments, and commercial customers. The Company shall include past performance information for any major subcontractor to be utilized during performance and must be relevant to the scope of work they may perform under the Purchase Order resulting from this solicitation. The Company shall supply at least three (3) contracts completed during the past three years or currently in process for the same services that are being solicited under this solicitation. References other than those provided by the Company may be contacted by the Government to obtain additional information that shall be used in the evaluation of the company's past performance. The Government may waive the submission of past performance information by the company if adequate data already exists on file with this office.
3. Delivery Schedule (if applicable). [Any other factors that may be important to the Government for this solicitation may also be included in this section - i.e. warranty, etc]
V. CLAUSES AND PROVISIONS
The following FAR clauses and provisions apply to this solicitation and are incorporated by reference. FAR 52.212-1, Instructions to Offerors-Commercial Items (Apr 2014); FAR 52.212-3, Offeror Representations and Certifications-Commercial Items (May 2014) with Alternate I. Offerors must include a completed copy of FAR 52.212-3 with their quote, or, if an offeror has completed the annual representations and certifications electronically at http://orca.bpn.gov, only paragraph (b) of this provision must be completed.
The following FAR Clauses apply to this solicitation. Interested companies may obtain full text versions of these clauses electronically at www.arnet.gov: FAR 52.212-4, Contract Terms and Conditions - Commercial Items (May 2014); FAR 52.212-5, Contract Terms & Conditions Required to Implement Statutes or Executive Orders - Commercial Items (April 2015). FAR 52.212-5 is attached
All responsible sources may submit a quotation, which if timely received, shall be considered by the Agency. Companies must have valid DUNS numbers and be registered with System Award for Management (SAM) and shall provide the company Tax Information Number (TIN) with their offer.