Visakhapatnam - Chennai Industrial Corridor Development Program[VCICDP/APTransco/03/01-2016 Augmenting power distribution capacity for meeting Industry demand at Rachagunneri, Naidupeta and Yerpedu locations (substation, cable, transmission l
| Published September 30, 2016 - Deadline November 15, 2016
Invitation for Bids
1. The Government of Andhra Pradesh (GoAP) through the Government of India (GoI) has
applied for a loan from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) toward the cost of Visakhapatnam
– Chennai Industrial Corridor Development Program, and it intends to apply part of the
proceeds of this loan to payments under the Contract for augmenting power distribution
capacity for meeting industry demand at Rachagunneri, Naidupeta & Yerpedu locations
(Sub-stations, cable , transmission lines and associated civil works).
2. The Transmission Corporation of AP Limited (APTRANSCO), GoAP, (the Employer)
invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for the construction and completion of augmenting
power distribution capacity for meeting industry demand at Rachagunneri, Naidupeta &
Yerpedu in Chittoor district of Andhra Pradesh.(“The facilities).
“Supply, erection, testing & commissioning of (1) 400 kV QMDC LILO of 400kV Krishnapatnam
– Chittoor QMDC Line to 400/220/132 kV Rachaganneri substation – (45 x 2 Kms) (2)
400/220/132 kV substation at Rachaganneri (3) 220/132/33kV Naidupeta Substation (4) 220kV
DC Line from Rachaganeeri SS to Naidupeta SS – 40 Kms. (5) 132/33kV Yerpedu Substation
(6) 132kV Yerpedu – Rachaganneri DC Line – 5 Kms (7) 132kV DC Line for making LILO of
existing 132kV Naidupeta – Gudur Line to the proposed 220kV SS Naidupeta – 15 Kms (8)
132kV DC Line from proposed 220kV Naidupeta SS to 132kV Menakur SS – 8 Kms. (9) 132kV
Bay extensions at 132kV Menakur SS on total turnkey basis in the state of AP”.
3. International Competitive Bidding will be conducted in accordance with ADBs Single-
Stage: Two – Envelope procedure and is open to all bidders from eligible countries as
described in the bidding document.
4. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information and inspect the Bidding
Documents at the Employer‘s address given below on any working day between 10.30 hrs and
Date: 30 September 2016
48434- IND: Visakhapatnam - Chennai Industrial Corridor Development
Augmenting power distribution capacity for meeting Industry demand at
Rachagunneri, Naidupeta and Yerpedu locations (substation, cable,
transmission lines and associated civil works)
15 November 2016; 14:00 hrs.
5. Bid documents can be obtained by remitting the cost by crossed Demand Draft drawn on
any Scheduled /Nationalized Bank/Foreign Bank having correspondence Bank in India drawn
in favour of the Pay Officer, Transmission Corporation of Andhra Pradesh Limited, Vidyut
Soudha, Hyderabad-500 082, India payable at Hyderabad, noting the Bid Identification number
VCICDP/APTransco/03 and sending the receipt to Chief Engineer / Construction
400KV/APTRANSCO/ Room No. 207, ‘B’ Block, Vidyut Soudha, Hyderabad -500082. Ph:
23317649 Ext: 3736, 3519. INDIA, with a requisition furnishing the complete postal address,
who shall authorize sale of document on all working days from 10.30 A.M to 5.00 P.M during
the period of sale mentioned below, Demand draft should be drawn in favour of “Pay Officer,
Transmission Corporation of Andhra Pradesh Limited, Vidyut Soudha, Hyderabad, India”.
6. Cost of Bid Documents (Non-Refundable) :
Firms within India Firms outside India
Rs. 20,500/-( incl of
BY POST Rs. 20,800/-( incl of
7. The bidding document is also available in the APTRANSCO website
http://www.aptransco.gov.in but it cannot be downloaded.
8. The employer will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by Bidders in
connection with the preparation or delivery of bids including the costs and expenses invested to
9. Telex / Fax / Telegraphic bid will not be accepted and the employer is not responsible for
any postal delay in submission of bids.
10. Deliver your bid:
• To the address below:
Chief Engineer / Construction 400KV/APTRANSCO/ Room No. 207, ‘B’
Block, Vidyut Soudha, Hyderabad -500082, INDIA
Phone: 23317649 Ext: 3736, 3519
• On or before 15 November 2016; 14:00 hrs.
• Together with a Bid Security as described in the Bidding Document.
11. Bids will be opened after the deadline for bid submission in the presence of Bidder’s
representatives who choose to attend on 15:00 hrs, 15 November 2016.
12. The APTRANSCO will not be responsible for any cost or expenses incurred by Bidders in
connection with the preparation or delivery of Bids.
13. A pre-bid meeting will be held on 14-October-2016 at 12.00 hrs at the address provided
below to clarify the issues and to answer questions on any matter that may be raised at that
stage as stated in ITB 7.4 of ‘Instructions to Bidders’ of the bidding document.
SCHEDULE FOR RECEIPT AND OPENING OF BID:
i) Date of commencement of sale 15.00hrs on 30-September-2016
ii) Date and time of closing of sale 12.00 hrs on 15-November-2016
iii) Date and time of Pre bid meeting 12.00 hrs on 14-October-2016
iv) Due date and time of receipt of bids up to 14.00 hrs on 15-November -2016
v) Date & Time of Opening of bids 15.00 hrs on 15-November -2016
N.B.:- If any of the above happen to be a holiday, the next working day will be the due
Address for Communication:
Chief Engineer, 400KV Construction, APTRANSCO, Room.No.207, B- Block, Vidyut
Soudha, Khairatabad, Hyderabad, India - 500082
TELEPHONE No. - 91-40-23317649.
FACSIMILE No : 91-040 – 23317649.