Department of the Navy, Office of Naval Research | Published August 30, 2016 - Deadline September 16, 2016
COMBINED SYNOPSIS/SOLICITATION FOR COMMERCIAL ITEMS
This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for commercial items prepared in accordance with the format in Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) subpart 12.6, "Streamlined Procedures for Evaluation and Solicitation for Commercial Items," as supplemented with additional information included in this notice. This announcement constitutes the only solicitation; quotations are being requested, and a written solicitation document will not be issued.This solicitation is a Request for Quotations (RFQ). The solicitation document and incorporated provisions and clauses are those in effect through Federal Acquisition Circular (FAC) 2005-89, Effective 15 August 2016.
The associated North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) code for this procurement is 334511, with a small business size standard of 1,250 Employees.
The associated Federal Supply Code (FSC) / Product Service Code (PSC) procurement is 6605.
The Naval Research Laboratory, located in Washington, DC, is seeking to purchase Heating Sensor. All interested companies shall provide quotations for the following:
_______ See Attached Inquiry of Availability
____X___ See Below
Supplies: Items must be brand name or equal in accordance with FAR 52.211-6.
CLIN 0001 - Heading Sensor Part No: 1731A0101 Quantity = 4 EachManufacturer: TIAX LLC Model No: 90
Estimated Delivery Time: __________________
DUNS NO.: ________________________
**FOB DESTINATION IS THE PREFERRED METHOD**
For FOB ORGIN, please provide the following information:FOB Shipping Point: _______________________Estimated Shipping Charge: _________________Dimensions of Package(s): ____________________Shipping Weight: __________________________
The following provisions and clauses are hereby incorporated. Any provisions and clauses not applicable by their terms shall be self-deleting.
The full text of FAR provisions or clauses may be accessed electronically at http://acquisition.gov/comp/far/index.html. The full text of DFARS provisions or clauses may be accessed electronically at http://farsite.hill.af.mil/vfdfara.htm.The following solicitation provisions apply to this acquisition:
1. FAR 52.203-11, Certification & Disclosure Regarding Payments to Influence Certain Federal Transactions
2. FAR 52.204-7, System for Award Management
3. FAR 52.212-1, "Instructions to Offerors-Commercial Items" (Oct 2015)a. FAR 52.212-1 has been tailored to include the following additional instructions:• This procurement is for new equipment ONLY. No remanufactured or "gray market" items are acceptable. All equipment must be covered by the manufacturer's warranty.
• Vendor shall be an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) authorized dealer, authorized distributor, or authorized reseller for the proposed equipment/system such that OEM warranty and service are provided and maintained by the OEM. All software licensing, warranty, and service associated with the equipment/system shall be in accordance with the OEM terms and conditions
• Offerors are required to submit documentation from the manufacturer stating that they are an authorized distributor for the specific items being procured.
4. FAR 52.212-3, "Offerors Representations and Certifications-Commercial Items" (July 2016)
5. FAR 52.219-9, Small Business Subcontracting Plan Exceeding $700,000
6. FAR 52.225-18, Place of Manufacture
7. FAR 52.233-2, Service of Protest• The Contracting Officer's address is:4555 Overlook Avenue, SWCode 3400Washington, DC 20375
a. NRL also includes the following provisions that must be completed by the offeror:
1. FAR 52.209-5, Certification Regarding Responsibility Matters (Oct 2015)2. FAR 52.222-22, Previous Contracts and Compliance Reports (Feb 1999)3. FAR 52.222-25, Affirmative Action Compliance (Apr 1984)4. FAR 52.225-4, Buy American Act - Free Trade Agreements - Israeli Trade ActCertificate Alternate III (May 2014)
Offerors must complete annual representations and certifications on-line at http://orca.bpn.gov in accordance with FAR 52.212-3, "Offerors Representations and Certifications-Commercial Items." If paragraph (j) of the provision is applicable, a written submission is required.
The following contract clauses apply to this acquisition:
1. FAR 52.212-4, "Contract Terms and Conditions-Commercial Items" (May 2015)
a. The following clauses are included as addenda to FAR 52.212-4:
• FAR 52.202-1, Definitions (Nov 2013)• FAR 52.203-3, Gratuities (Apr 1984)• FAR 52.203-6, Alt I - Restrictions on Subcontractor Sales to the Government (Sep 2006)• FAR 52.203-12, Limitation of Payments to Influence Certain Federal Transactions (Oct 2010)• FAR 52.203-17, Contractor Employee Whistleblower Rights and Requirement To Inform Employees of Whistleblower Rights (Apr 2014)• FAR 52.204-4, Printed or Copied Double-Sided on Recycled Paper (May 2011)• FAR 52.204-10, Reporting Executive Compensation and First-Tier Subcontract Awards Exceeding $30,000 (Oct 2015)• FAR 52.223-2, Affirmative Procurement of Biobased Products Under Service And Construction Contracts (Sep 2013)• FAR 52.223-12, Refrigeration Equipment and Air Conditioners (Jun 2016)• FAR 52.223-18, Encouraging Contractor Policies to Ban Text Messaging While Driving (Aug 2011)• FAR 52.225-14, Inconsistency Between English Version and Translation of Contract (Feb 2000)• FAR 52.232-39, Unenforceability of Unauthorized Obligations (Jun 2013)• FAR 52.232-40, Providing Accelerated Payments to Small Business Subcontractors(Dec 2013)• FAR 52.245-1, Government Property (Apr 2012)• FAR 52.245-2, Government Property Installation Operation Services (Apr 2012)• FAR2.245-9, Use and Charges (Apr 2012)• FAR 52.247-34, F.O.B Destination (Nov 1991)• FAR 52.252-2, Clauses Incorporated By Reference (Feb 1998)
2. FAR 52.212-5, "Contract Terms and Conditions Required to Implement Statutes or Executive Orders" (Jun 2016)
The following subparagraphs of FAR 52.212-5 are applicable:
• Subparagraphs (b)(4), (b)(8), (b)(19), (b)(25 - 34), (b)(40), (b)(42), (b)(46), (b)(52)
3. DFARS 212.301 - Solicitation Provisions and Contract Clauses for the Acquisition of Commercial Items (Revised May 10, 2016):
• DFARS 252.203-7000, Requirements Relating to Compensation of Former DoD Officials(SEP 2011) • DFARS 252.203-7003, Agency Office of the Inspector General (DEC 2012) • DFARS 252.203-7005, Representation Relating to Compensation of Former DoD Officials (NOV 2011) • DFARS 252.204-7008, Compliance with Safeguarding Covered Defense Information Controls (DEC 2015) • DFARS 252.204-7009, Limitations on the Use or Disclosure of Third-Party Contractor Reported Cyber Incident Information (DEC 2015) • DFARS 252.204-7011, Alternative Line Item Structure (SEP 2011)• DFARS 252.204-7012, Safeguarding Covered Defense Information and Cyber Incident Reporting (DEC 2015)• DFARS 252.204-7013, Limitations on the Use or Disclosure of Information by Litigation Support Offeror (MAY 2016)• DFARS 252.204-7014, Limitations on the Use or Disclosure of Information by Litigation Support Contractors (MAY 2016) • DFARS 252.204-7015, Notice of Authorized Disclosure of Information for Litigation Support (MAY 2016) • DFARS 252.205-7000, Provision of Information to Cooperative Agreement Holders (DEC 1991) • DFARS 252.211-7003, Item Unique Identification and Valuation (MAR 2016)• DFARS 252.211-7006, Passive Radio Frequency Identification (SEP 2011) • DFARS 252.211-7007, Reporting of Government-Furnished Property (AUG 2012)• DFARS 252.211-7008, Use of Government-Assigned Serial Numbers (SEP 2010)• DFARS 252.213-7000, Notice to Prospective Suppliers on Use of Past Performance Information Retrieval System-Statistical Reporting in Past Performance (JUN 2015)Evaluations Less Than or Equal to $1 Million• DFARS 252.215-7007, Notice of Intent to Resolicit (JUN 2012)• DFARS 252.215-7008, Only One Offer (OCT 2013) • DFARS 252.219-7000, Advancing Small Business Growth • DFARS 252.219-7003, Small Business Subcontracting Plan (DoD Contracts) - Basic (MAR 2016)Alternate I (MAR 2016)• DFARS 252.219-7004, Small Business Subcontracting Plan (Test Program) (OCT 2014)• DFARS 252.223-7008, Prohibition of Hexavalent Chromium (JUN 2013) • DFARS 252.225-7000, Buy American Act - Balance of Payments Program Certificate - Basic (NOV 2014)Alternate I (NOV 2014)• DFARS 252.225-7001, Buy American Act and Balance of Payments Program - Basic (NOV 2014) • DFARS 252.225-7006, Acquisition of the American Flag (AUG 2015) • DFARS 252.225-7008, Restriction on Acquisition of Specialty Metals (MAR 2013)DFARS 252.225-7009, Restriction on Acquisition of Certain Articles Containing Specialty Metals (OCT 2014) Exceeding $150,000• DFARS 252.225-7010, Commercial Derivative Military Article-Specialty Metals Compliance Certificate (JUL 2009) Exceeding $150,000 • DFARS 252.225-7012, Preference for Certain Domestic Commodities (FEB 2013) Exceeding $150,000 • DFARS 252.225-7013, Duty-Free Entry (MAY 2016) • DFARS 252.225-7015, Restriction on Acquisition of Hand or Measuring Tools (JUN 2005) Exceeding $150,000 • DFARS 252.225-7016, Restriction on Acquisition of Ball and Roller Bearings (JUN 2011) • DFARS 252.225-7017, Photovoltaic Devices (JUN 2016) Exceeding $150,000• DFARS 252.225-7018, Photovoltaic Devices-Certificate (JAN 2016)• DFARS 252.225-7020, Trade Agreements Certificate - Basic (NOV 2014) • DFARS 252.225-7021, Trade Agreements - Basic (JUN 2016)Alternate II (JUN 2016)• DFARS 252.225-7035, Buy American-Free Trade Agreements-Balance of Payments Program Certificate - Basic (NOV 2014)• DFARS 252.225-7036, Buy American Act-Free Trade Agreements-Balance of Payments Program - Basic (NOV 2014) Exceeding $25,000, but is Less Than $191,000 • DFARS 252.225-7037, Evaluation of Offers for Air Circuit Breakers (JUN 2005)DFARS 252.225-7038, Restriction on Acquisition of Air Circuit Breakers (JUN 2005) • DFARS 252.225-7049, Prohibition on Acquisition of Commercial Satellite Services from Certain Foreign Entities-Representations (OCT 2015)• DFARS 252.225-7050, Disclosure of Ownership or Control by the Government of a Country that is a State Sponsor of Terrorism (OCT 2015) Exceeding $150,000• DFARS 252.226-7001, Utilization of Indian Organizations, Indian-Owned Economic Enterprises, and Native Hawaiian Small Business Concerns (SEP 2004)Exceeding $500,000• DFARS 252.227-7013, Rights in Technical Data - Noncommercial Items (FEB 2014)Alternate I (JUN 1995) • DFARS 252.227-7015, Technical Data - Commercial Items (FEB 2014) • DFARS 252.227-7037, Validation of Restrictive Markings on Technical Data (JUN 2013)• DFARS 252.232-7003, Electronic Submission of Payment Requests and Receiving Reports (JUN 2012)• DFARS 252.232-7009, Mandatory Payment by Governmentwide Commercial Purchase Card (DEC 2006)• DFARS 252.232-7010, Levies on Contract Payments(DEC 2006)• DFARS 252.232-7011, Payments in Support of Emergencies and Contingency Operations (MAY 2013)• DFARS 252.237-7010, Prohibition on Interrogation of Detainees by Contractor Personnel (JUN 2013)• DFARS 252.237-7019, Training for Contractor Personnel Interacting with Detainees (JUN 2013)• DFARS 252.239-7009, Representation of Use of Cloud Computing (SEP 2015)• DFARS 252.239-7010, Cloud Computing Services (AUG 2015) • DFARS 252.239-7017, Notice of Supply Chain Risk (NOV 2013)• DFARS 252.239-7018, Supply Chain Risk (OCT 2015) • DFARS 252.243-7002, Requests For Equitable Adjustment (DEC 2012) • DFARS 252.244-7000, Subcontracts for Commercial Items (JUN 2013) • DFARS 252.246-7003, Notification of Potential Safety Issues (JUN 2013) • DFARS 252.246-7004, Safety of Facilities, Infrastructure, and Equipment for Military Operations (OCT 2010)• DFARS 252.246-7003 Notification of Potential Safety Issues (JUN 2013)• DFARS 252.246-7004 Safety of Facilities, Infrastructure, and Equipment for MilitaryOperations. (OCT 2010)
All Quoters shall submit 1 (one) copy of their technical and price quote.
All quotations shall be sent via e-mail.
Buyer Name: Patricia Willis, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference this combined synopsis/solicitation number on your correspondence and in the "Subject" line of your email.
ALL QUESTIONS REGARDING THE SOLICITATION SHALL BE SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL.
The government intends to award a purchase order as a result of this combined synopsis/solicitation that will include the terms and conditions set forth herein. Award shall be made to the quoter whose quotation offers the lowest-priced, technically acceptable solution (LPTA). To facilitate the award process, all quotes must include a statement regarding the terms and conditions herein as follows:
"The terms and conditions in the solicitation are acceptable to be included in the award document without modification, deletion, or addition."
"The terms and conditions in the solicitation are acceptable to be included in the award document with the exception, deletion, or addition of the following:"
Quoter shall list exception(s) and rationale for the exception(s).Submission shall be received not later than the response date listed above. Late submissions shall be treated in accordance with the solicitation provision at FAR 52.212-1(f). E-mailed submissions are accepted and are the preferred form of submission. Receipt will be verified by the date/time stamp on fax or e-mail.