Heads Up Canadian Industry Program for Energy Conservation (CIPEC) typically publishes a maximum of five (5) stories (of approximately 450 words) per issue; while Heads Up: Building Energy Efficiency usually publishes a maximum of 3 stories (of approximately 450 words).
To bolster editorial content, BID requires the services of a writer to supply stories on the energy efficiency achievements of the industrial, buildings, utilities and government sectors on an ongoing basis.
The stories require a Canadian angle and must be in a journalistic format meaning that they are informative, engaging and easy to read. Plain language and the use of active voice are important requirements as per Treasury Board Guidelines on Web and other public materials. From time-to-time, the newsletters cover complex technical issues that must be explained in a manner that is appropriate for the following target audiences:
• Executives and senior managers of Canadian facilities in the industrial, manufacturing and government sectors;
• Executives and senior managers of Canadian buildings in the private, institutional, municipal and government sectors;
• Energy practitioners, operations managers, project managers, engineers, owners, and plant managers;
• Employees in the targeted sectors;
• Trade association executive directors and senior staff;
• Energy program managers within provincial/territorial governments; and
• Senior government managers.