NHS England (East) - Befriending/Support/Self management of older prisoners
NHS ARDEN AND GREATER EAST MIDLANDS COMMISSIONING SUPPORT UNIT | Published November 8, 2016 - Deadline December 15, 2016
NHS England (East) recognises that the prison population is ageing, which produces new challenges for healthcare providers and prison governors. We wish to support projects which have an objective of enabling prisoners to self-manage their physical and /or mental health, and to support individuals beyond the clinical care already commissioning within prisons. Such services may already be provided within the prisons, or their establishment /development may be currently inhibited through lack of funding. We invite potential providers to submit bids of up to £3000 each, for the expansion of existing projects, or the establishment of new projects.
Bids must comply with the following conditions:
1. Must not be a clinical service which is already commissioned in the prison
2. Must provide either a befriending service, or a form of support for people with dementia, cancer, or long term conditions
3. Must describe how the service is intended to benefit prisoners, and what evidence there is that the service will provide the intended benefit
4. Must already be in receipt of some funding from other sources (not NHS) and have reasonable expectations of being sustained 5. Must describe how service user feedback will be obtained and reported
6. Must undertake to provide details of how many prisoners have accessed the service during the period April – December 2017
7. Must describe how the project will be supervised by the organisation, including ensuring safeguarding of vulnerable adults
8. Must be submitted by 15th December 2016 Bids will be evaluated and successful bidders will be notified by 15th January 2017. Invoices must be submitted by 31st January 2017. Please submit a bid of no more than 1000 words, describing the purpose and objectives of the project, and how it will/does operate, and response to the minimum requirements 1-8 above. Please include the name and contact details for NHS England to follow up.