DBC (SF) - The Forum Furniture, Accessories, Installation and Associated Servies
| Published February 24, 2016 - Deadline April 18, 2016
The Forum is currently in construction and will be ready for furniture installation during November 2016. The new building with BREEAM ‘Excellent’ credentials will feature a central atrium designed to be light and airy providing a contemporary and comfortable working environment. The Council is looking for a supplier to design, supply and install the general office, customer services areas, atrium, meeting rooms and council chambers. The preferred supplier will be required to provide practical solutions to hot desking, flexible working and offering an attractive welcome to the visitors and customers.
The Council is intending to appoint a supplier to:
• Conduct a furniture & equipment audit regarding any existing furniture or equipment being brought over to Forum, e.g. chairs, Post/Mailing room equipment, large reprographics machine, files, safe and lockers, etc., so these can be allowed for on the final layout plans.
• provide the CGI, 3D and 2D design of furniture layout across all floors including everything identified in the specification which also includes an area for our voluntary sector partners;
• Supply, deliver and install all furniture and fittings as specified.
• Project manages the furniture supply and installation in conjunction with the Council/developer.
• Legacy items: relocation of furniture, equipment and storage to the Forum- the bidders will be required to quote for relocation of furniture, equipment items (excluding ICT) - and accessories from DBC’s Civic Centre office to the Forum. A list of items that is likely to be relocated is included in the pricing template. The winning bidder will be required to complete an audit of the legacy items.
Please download the tender documents for full details of the requirements.
Tenders must satisfy the following minimum criteria
• Technical Experience of managing at least 3 projects of a similar size (at least of value £350,000+) within the last 5 years, at least one of these projects must be for an office project for the public sector (or equivalent such as Non Governmental Organisation or major Housing Association) ;
• Proposed furniture must come with a minimum of 10 years manufacturer’s warranty on the workstations, storage units, tables;
• The Council will undertake a financial assessment on all tenderers. Tenderers must provide copies of their last two years audited accounts for this purpose. Any tenderers failing the financial assessment will have their tender submission rejected. The Council reserves the right to make enquiries to confirm the continuing financial viability of bidders prior to the award of any contract.
• Signed declaration that tenderer can deliver furniture within the timescales indicated
Tenderers will be expected to provide sufficient evidence to prove that they satisfy the minimum requirements above, (for example copies of warranty statements from the manufacturer; and written cas...