REG: Wildlife Protection: BD and NP - P121210
Bangladesh Forest Department | Published December 24, 2014 - Deadline January 8, 2015
Senior Implementation Specialist
Governmentof the People's Republic of Bangladesh
Office ofthe Project Director
StrengtheningRegional Cooperation for Wildlife Protection Project
ForestDepartment, Ban Bhaban, Mohakhli, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Memo No.SRCWP/Pro(s)/3.005/ 574 Dated:22-12-2014
Re-advertisement for Request for Expression of Interest (EOI)
for selection of a Senior ImplementationSpecialist (National)
The Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh(GoB) has received a credit from the International Development Association(IDA) towards the cost of Strengthening Regional Cooperation for WildlifeProtection Project (IDA Credit Number 4909-BD, Project ID Number P121210), andintends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this credit to eligiblepaymentsto the project coordination services under Project Management Unit (PMU) forwhich this invitation for Expression of Interest (EOI) is issued. Theterms andconditions of the contract and payments by WB (IDA) will be subject to theterms and conditions of the Financial Agreement. Except as IDA may specificallyotherwise agree, no party other than GoB shall derive any rights fromthecredit or have any claim to the proceeds of the credit.
2. Title, Expected Duration and Commencement, Qualifications andExperiences of the Individual Consultants are briefed below:
Senior Implementation Specialist(WB's Sr. Consultant category- National)
The ProjectAuthority intends to engage the Senior Implementation Specialist for a totalproject period of tentatively 18 (eighteen) person-monthssubject to renewal on the basis of performance& project requirements. The assignment is expected to commence from January2015 and shall come to an end on 30 June 2016.
The SeniorImplementation Specialist shall be responsible for the following majoractivities:
· Take accountability for thepreparation of annual work plans and rolling action plans and for monitoringsuch plans to ensure there are no slippages in project implementation;
· Identify, evaluate, recommend, andimplement approaches to key project issues, problems and needs;
· Promptly inform the Project Directorand Project Manager about implementation issues; and provide technicalsupport to management, PMU and sub-project implementers towards thetimelyand appropriate resolution of problems and issues;
· Keep track of thePMU's workflow toensure that the various aspects of project implementation are synchronizedand aligned with the implementation schedules of project activities(asagreed with the World Bank or "Bank"). [This requirescoordination/collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)specialist, Financial Management (FM) team, technical staff and Architectural& Engineering Consultants, Technical Assistant Consultant at BFD as wellas the sub-project proponents. The coordinationwith the FM and technical staff is aimed at ensuring timely, properandtransparent disbursement of funds for eligible expenditures.]
· Take leadership forthe monitoring ofthe work programs and disbursements of the sub-projects and developa workingarrangement with the M&E Specialist on the responsibilities formonitoring of sub-projects (outputsand outcomes);
· Proactively make suggestions totheProject Director on correcting, streamlining, or improving workfloworbusiness processes within the PMU, BFD and vis-à-vis contractors and sub-projectproponents.
· Lead and direct thework of theprocurement team in performing transaction processing duties; plan andallocate the team's work assignments;
· Take accountabilityfor overallprocurement quality and performance such that, procurement capacityis builtand retained in the wildlife conservation and protection part of BF;
· Take accountabilityfor the qualityand timeliness of draft TORs and necessary documentation, especially for keyprocurement actions for submission to the Project Director, ProjectManagerand the Bank;
· Take accountabilityfor implementingand monitoring, procurement (such as bid) schedules to ensure that they aremet on time;
· Monitor the qualityof theprocurement team's outputs, review all contracts prior to executionforappropriateness, completeness and accuracy;
· Develop and monitor the program ofcontract administration after awards and the fiduciary quality ofdeliverables and outputs;
· provide guidance and direction tosupport the implementation of work relative to contract issues; monitor andsupervise the work of consultants, proponents, contractors, etc.; facilitatemeetings as far ahead as possible to ensure the timely and responsivedelivery of outputs and reports;
· Take accountabilityfor the timely andaccurate data input and maintenance of the project's procurement database onall contracts with contractors, consultants, service providers, etc. (andespecially, the procurement plan that requires frequent updating andsubmission to the Bank) and also for generating required reports from thedatabase.
· Take accountabilityfor themonitoring of project disbursements and submission of disbursementprojections to the Bank on a timely basis; this responsibility requires thecollaboration of the PMU's financial management (FM); ensure that the FM teamprepares the monthly updates of contract-wise and project disbursement tables(on annual and quarterly basis) for submission to the Bank
· Masters degree in Engineering,Business, Management, Law, Economics, Procurement, Natural Science or related discipline;
· MCIPS/ACCA/CPA qualifications wouldbe an advantage;
· Atleast 10 years of experience in theimplementation of projects in the environmental, forestry or natural resourcesectors- as a team member and/or project manager.
· Knowledge of Government ofBangladesh's administrative system and procedures;
· Knowledge of and experience with theimplementation of World Bank-funded projects/programs and procurement rulesof the Government of Bangladesh, i.e. PPA 2006 and PPR2008 (and subsequentamendments);
· Knowledge of and experience in thepreparation and implementation of rolling procurement plans and applicationof the Procurement/ Consultant Guidelines of the World Bank and/or otherdonor agencies: experiencein working with projects with civil works components;
· Strong management skills includingthe ability to provide strategic guidance and technical oversight, to directand mentor staff, to develop work plans and to manage budgets and projectexpenditures;
· Demonstrated strong work ethic towardsensuring the quality, relevance and timeliness of project tasks(recommendations/references of previous supervisors to attest to this);
· Good interpersonal skills withexperience in interacting with relevant stakeholders;
· Demonstrated superior written,analytical, presentation, reporting and computing skills;
· Familiarity with modern communicationsystems (internet, worldwide web, email etc)
· Abilityto work independently under the general guidance of the Project Director and ProjectManager, to oversee procurement and to collaborate with the FM teamto ensurethe submission of disbursement information as described under duties;
Existing officials ofBangladesh Forest Department are not eligible for this post. However, forestofficials who has crossed 6 (six) months from the date of retirement andpossess requisite qualifications may apply for the position.
3. Theexpert/consultant will be selected using the selectionof Individual Consultant (SIC) method in accordance with the World Bankguidelines on "Selection and Employment of Consultant under IBRD loans and IDACredit & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011.
4. The projectDirector now invites eligible applicants fromthe Bangladeshi Nationals for the position mentioned above. ToR in details ofthe assignment is available in the BFD's web address:(http//www.bforest.gov.bd) and Project Director's Office. EOI/Application in duplicatein a sealed envelope and externally marked title of the position must besubmitted to the Project Director, Strengthening Regional CooperationforWildlife Protection Project within office hours by 8thJanuary, 2015.
5. Interestedindividuals are requested to submit Applicationwith a cover letter, detailed CV (within6 pages of A4 size paper) and expected remuneration per month. EOI/applicationscan be submitted electronically to the email address given below withCc toemail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Strengthening RegionalCooperation for Wildlife Protection Project
Bangladesh Forest Department,Ban Bhaban (old), 4th floor,
Telephone : +8802-9893551
Email : email@example.com